Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 06-12-2010 7:59pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

This is the official sign-up thread for next year of the Cooking Club, which will begin in early January. By posting below, we will assume that you are taking part, no matter what your post says - unless it specifically says otherwise. If you sign up, you will be required to post a recipe on the date specified (dates will be available when sign-up is complete).

This thread will run for two weeks, depending on the level of interest. We will not be accepting sign-ups from posters with less than 100 posts. We will use our discretion regarding sign-ups from posters who have never posted in the Food & Drink forums before because we found they were the most likely to not step up when it was their turn. We will take names from people who'd be interested in acting as stand-ins at the beginning of 2011.

One thing I would like to remind everybody: Cooking comes in all shapes and sizes. This is a Cooking Club, not a Main-Course Club. We actively encourage more posting of things other than main courses in the coming year: Starters, salads, desserts, sides, anything. When your week comes up, don't be concerned with the size of the recipe. If you think you make the best tomato salad in the world, share it with us! Many posters are more likely to keep up when many recipes are quick to make, rather than overly complicated ones. That being said, of course we welcome and encourage recipes that will teach us new cooking skills.

So go on, sign up below if you'd like to take part. Just remember, you will be called upon if you sign up!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

Hi Faith

I'd like to sign up there!

Can I have the same slot that I would have had, the last one in January, if that's possible?

Thanks!

LA

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, that should be fine Alex.

That's a good point though, request a slot if you like, or mention when won't suit you to post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I'd also love to be included. I haven't had a turn yet (except for an emergency fill-in).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I'm in too of course.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,207 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I'd like to sign up, please. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Me too natch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Id like to sign up too please! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Me please, not in January though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I'm happy to submit another recipe. Not mid April - mid May please as on hols.

Should add that if you have too many applicants don't mind not being included either!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Me too! Me too! Any week at all suits me!

Thanks for doing this again guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I would like to sign up as well. I was on the original list for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

sign me up too

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Me too please!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Me too. :) Preferably not in January or February though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Yep I'll sign up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I know I don't post much here, but I lurk a hell of a lot, so can I throw my name down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Sign me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I'd love to be included.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Can I sign up on behalf of Minder please? I know he'll do it again this year and would love to throw in a dessert or something else non-main-course-oriented, but has no boards access at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'm in too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I'll give it a go too. Anytime after the 20th of Jan(exams) is good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Sounds good, Sign me up please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

add me plz.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Dont post here much but would love to be included, see what everyone thinks of some of my thai recipes.

Some of the cooking club recipes last year went down a treat with herself (serious brownie points gained :D) so looking forward to more this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Ah sure why not, with the budget I wont be able to afford to leave the house so cooking club will keep me entertained in 2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

I'd love to sign up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

sign me up please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Sign me up please, its a fantastic thread, well done to everyone who participated & organised it! I am dying to get involved!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

Have not posted in here before but i love cooking and cook everyday.
    This sounds right up my street!
    Could i sign up please?

Advertisement