Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friendface

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Well whatever the reason the first person did it, now we all have to do it to follow the trend. Cause if you don't, you're just one of those angry people who thinks they're too cool to do it.

But those are the ones that will ultimately lose out, when everyone deletes them as friends.

.. ah but I'm still going to know them in real life, so what difference would it make?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

THFC wrote: »
    I wanted Bananas in Pyjamas (are coming down the stairs!!) but like 3 other people had them so I settled for Thomas the Tank Engine.

http://www.theblogofrecord.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/thomas-the-tank-engine-transformer.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

tricks wrote: »
    None because it's a load of *ollox. But if it was actually going to achieve something I would have used Quasimodo. Striking resemblance.
    Now that you mention it, you're face does ring a bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭tricks

Now that you mention it, you're face does ring a bell.

Very good :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

But those are the ones that will ultimately lose out, when everyone deletes them as friends.
    Well if anyone went ahead and de-friended (is that even a word?) me because of the lack of a fcuking cartoon picture on my profile, then they clearly are not worth my time.

That would be petty childishness tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

The latest Facebook update is :

"I STILL SEE SOME HUMAN PICCYS!!!"
    And then a reposting of the original message

I was going to change mine to a pic of John Wayne Gacy dressed as Pogo - but alas he is not a cartoon character :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

After reading Basquille's legendary post on the subject in the R&R forum, I too have Pedobear on mine. Christ, I don't know what I'd have done without the photos though, there was me raping children all day long and putting babies into pillowsacks I could swing against walls.

I'm so glad people decided to make awareness of child abuse so understood by doing something as clear as changing your photo to a cartoon character, and not actually getting out and doing something tangible, or setting up a monthly direct debit or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Ralph pootawn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

After reading Basquille's legendary post on the subject in the R&R forum, I too have Pedobear on mine. Christ, I don't know what I'd have done without the photos though, there was me raping children all day long and putting babies into pillowsacks I could swing against walls.

I'm so glad people decided to make awareness of child abuse so understood by doing something as clear as changing your photo to a cartoon character, and not actually getting out and doing something tangible, or setting up a monthly direct debit or anything.

Thank you, you put into words what I wanted to say. Just been stolen for a status update. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I like cartoons. I dislike giving money away. I guess I frown upon child molestation.

Anyway, I've got Toki from Metalocalypse because nobody recognised Bucky O'Hare.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Well if anyone went ahead and de-friended (is that even a word?) me because of the lack of a fcuking cartoon picture on my profile, then they clearly are not worth my time.

That would be petty childishness tbh.

Take it easy bud, it was probably a joke...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

By going along with the notion that posting cartoon pictures on their facebook can prevent child abuse, the people who do it are completely belittle-ing the issue, while exposing their own ignorance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I dont do the facebook campaign cr@p, but loved the retro cartoon thing, so I went for my alter ego, Penfold!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Captain Planet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Dr Rockso is also a good ironic avatar.

"Dory McLean she's only 14, gonna suck all night..."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Haunter from Pokemon, though it's been my pic for a few weeks or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Wait, it's part of a campaign?

Damn, I thought everyone was just being cool.

Here's mine anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

After all my friends jumped on this craze and I changed my status to this:

"Deactivate your FB profile for a week starting December 6th. The goal is to not see another stupid facebook craze for at least a week, to support the fight against Jesus Christ healing lepers and depriving them of a decent income! Copy and paste this to your status so everyone gets involved!! Show your solidarity with all the ex-lepers who are suffering because of some bloody do-gooder in sandals."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Pawpad666

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Reason number 1463 for me deleting my Faecesbook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    I went with this delightful fellow as my contribution to stopping child abuse.
    Me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

My picture is always an animation of some sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Princess whats-her-name. Always loved her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

I picked Optimus Prime leader of the Autobots and defender of the earth against the dastardly deceptagons and their leader Megatron :D

Whats this friendface thing...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

THFC wrote: »
    Take it easy bud, it was probably a joke...
    You're totally right you know...so called "campaign" really is a joke! You catch on quick :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

Will it make you donate?

I already have a standing order donating to Barnardos every month. But I started that a few years ago - long before facebook took off.

If I was approached to do the same for another childrens charity I would support that aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Latest a few of my friends have up is to take down the cartoon pics as it was all started by paedophiles trying to make friends with kids. Lord Jaysus. Major cull ahead.

Advertisement