Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friendface

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

it drives me bloody mad to know that i am friends with people so fcuking stupid that they think any of these facebook "campaigns" are helping anyone.
    /rant

Hey! Larry Murphys out of prison isnt he?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

i hate every single one of you that changed your pic to a cartoon.

it drives me bloody mad to know that i am friends with people so fcuking stupid that they think any of these facebook "campaigns" are helping anyone.

/rant

Aw :(

I didn't change it believing that it would change it in any way. I changed it coz it put the idea in my head to had Cheetara as me pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Larianne wrote: »
    Aw :(

I didn't change it believing that it would change it in any way. I changed it coz it put the idea in my head to had Cheetara as me pic.

*slaps larianne hard across the head*

sickening. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

I'm confused! How does a picture prevent child abuse?
    The op is going to start shagging kids unless everyone changes their pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I wanted Bananas in Pyjamas (are coming down the stairs!!) but like 3 other people had them so I settled for Thomas the Tank Engine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

/rant

Well, enjoy life bud...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

*slaps larianne hard across the head*

sickening. :mad:

Now now, don't start. I'll get your face and stick it in the snow!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Roy

I did it for the lulz, i know it's not going to achieve anything, just a bit of fun.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

/rant

You need a cup of tea! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

/rant
    Yeah but some of us don't care about the "cause" and just like cartoons. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭tricks

None because it's a load of *ollox. But if it was actually going to achieve something I would have used Quasimodo. Striking resemblance.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 RinkyDinkSlink

Absurdum wrote: »
    I have pedobear LOL

Awesomeness! :D

I have no cartoon, I donated money to the ISPCC, I figured it'd do more than a fu(king picture on facebook. All it's done so far is made me feel horribly smug.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I had Biker Mice from Mars then changed it to Moby Lick from Street Sharks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

SugarHigh wrote: »
    The op is going to start shagging kids unless everyone changes their pic.

Yeah... start...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

I went with Bosco just cause I like to be different and not have to do what people tell me, feck you and your cartoon! I have Bosco!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

I changed mine to Elmyra.

I think its just to raise awareness and get people to think about donating to a charity - like a type of advertising.

It gets people talking (here on Boards.ie for example) - it seems like a good idea to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

I just did it because it seemed like fun! I was originally going to be Captain Planet. He was fun, trying to saving the earth and get kids recycling, but loads had him as their pic.

So I went with crazy ole Taz instead! Such a charmer!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭High energy

I changed mine to Elmyra.

I think its just to raise awareness and get people to think about donating to a charity - like a type of advertising.

It gets people talking (here on Boards.ie for example) - it seems like a good idea to me.

Will it make you donate?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Won't be doing it and I posted a comment stating as much.

Rebelling through status updates, that's how I roll :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

I've got better things to do than talk to friends and flirt with people.

Pass me a cuke.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Kold wrote: »
    So what stupid cartoon pic do you have as your facebook profile picture and how many kids has it saved from being buggered?
    LOL at the people who fell for the NSPCC facebook hoax

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I chose Doug.
    Bitches love Doug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

a suggestive picture of gary glitter looking at children.

he is **** very hard

I wonder just how many of those people that changed their profile pictures actually gave money to the RSPCC or the ISPCC, where they could actively do something to prevent child abuse.

Also - my Facebook now looks like something out of an acid trip 'cause of this new craze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

/random cynical answer that paradoxically at once confirms that I spend a load of time on facebook yet constantly attempt to be somehow above the other millions of plebs that use it and anonymously insult people that I myself have added as 'friends'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

It was started as a scam chain email to see how many people would sheepishly jump on the bandwagon. However, NSPCC are not turning down the free publicity, but they are politely encouraging people to donate money or at least visit their website if people are genuinely concerned about their cause.

From NSPCC Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/nspcc

A warm welcome to all our cartoon friends! We are incredibly grateful for your support to end cruelty to children in the UK.
    Although the NSPCC did not originate the childhood cartoon Facebook
    campaign, we welcome the attention it has brought to the work we do.

If
    you would like to find out more about how you can get i...
    nvolved,
    please visit our website.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Calm down! Yeah its not going to raise any kind of awareness, but let the people have their fun! Childhood cartoon make people happy so stop your moaning!

Mine is a picture of Princess Peach from the Mario cartoons :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Shouldn't this be in the social network forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Calm down! Yeah its not going to raise any kind of awareness, but let the people have their fun! Childhood cartoon make people happy so stop your moaning!

Mine is a picture of Princess Peach from the Mario cartoons :D

By all means have your fun but don't sell it as some guilt trip that a profile picture will somehow alleviate the buggering of kids.

Simple solutions for simple people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

The Angry Beavers :D

Advertisement