Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I For One Welcome Our New Insect Overlord!

Options
  • 03-12-2010 6:50pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭

:pac:

Well, it had to happen eventually! Some might even say it should have happened well before now ;) Whatever the case may be, it's time for me to step down as mod of C&H. I've had an amazing 16 months moderating the forum. Plenty of highs, very few lows and anything that did challenge me was something to learn from.

I just feel now that the forum needs a new driving force, and someone new at the reins should help keep up the energy C&H needs. I got talking to KnifeWRENCH and Piste about three weeks ago. Between us we came up with a long list of potential candidates, which we eventually cut down to a short-list of three names. In reality, it could have been any one of 15 different posters. However, a choice has FINALLY been made, and the Admins will be pushing the buttons to take away my powers in the next few hours/days. The new moderator should be in place by next Wednesday at the latest, but could have his new powers by tonight if he's lucky. ;)

As such, I'd like to be the first to welcome Ginja Ninja as the new member of the Clearasil & Hormones forum mod-team. Give him a while to get used to his new responsibilities. He's got a great forum here to pick up as his first modship, and two great co-mods to help him out.

Congrats Ginja Ninja!

334655893a12829790708l.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

This does mean...that you're not mod anymore? :(

*runs of crying*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Thanks IO for the modding you have done for the C&H.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Awwww poetman :( Congrats ginja!!

I'd love if I was one of those 15 people
    >>
    <<

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I'd love if I was one of those 15 people
    >>
    <<

It wouldn't be that hard to guess at least 10 of those on the list. All the mods that post regularly then a few regulars (I couldn't have been included because of the amount of infractions, warnings / bans I have had)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'll still be around, posting as often as I can. :) Also, people can still PM me about stuff whenever they'd like a chat.

It's funny, I was still C&H mod when I started typing the OP, and it had changed by the time I posted it! :D

Also, unknown, we tried to focus on bringing in new people, so there were no current mods high on our list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

On a serious note; a huge thanks to IO and everyone else,I'll try and not mess this up.You've been a great mod IO and we, quite literally, owe this forum to you.

-Alan,almighty ruler of this land

[P.S: So many new buttons :D]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Congrats Ginja, and gg IO for modding up 'til now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

'Gratz on the new job Ginja! Glad to see there's no recession in C&H and we can still afford a new mod! I hope you negotiated a good rate? >.> :P

Also: DAYDAY IO! Please come visit C&H 'cos yano otherwise how are we going to feed the birds? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Awwww... I've only been posting here recently but I've always thought Insect was a great mod. Hopefully he'll stick around as a poster.

Who else is curious who was on the list?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

IO's been an absolutely amazing mod (seriously, you guys have no idea how much work himself, Piste and KnifeWRENCH do), and it really does take a lot for me to compliment him.. He'll tell you himself, he's ALWAYS wrong in my eyes. :D

'grats Ginja, he'll be a tough act to follow so best of luck. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

So the mod age is dropping...
    It wont be long! :pac:

Failte Romhat isteach Ninja :)
    Lets all hope that made sense....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

deise_girl wrote: »

Nonsense.
    You'll just skip mod and go straight to admin.

Failte Romhat isteach Ninja :)
    Lets all hope that made sense....

Tiocfaidh do lá, deise, tiocfaidh do lá. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Nonsense.

I hope so 'cos I for one want Deise to be admin, and then president. Go deise girl, GO!:)

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Tiocfaidh do lá, deise, tiocfaidh do lá. :D

Mine will come first though 'cos I'm older :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Grand bit of moderating there IO. It's too bad Ginja went and abused his powers by changing his avatar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

What a powerful looking new avatar you've got there....:P

Well done Ginja!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

IO, don't leave, you bastard!

Wilkommen Ginge :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

You were a great mod Insect:)

Well done Ninja!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Well done and hello.

• Advertisement

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Nonsense.
    Yea thats it.. I dont need to replace IO/Ninja, Imma replace Dev..

Yea thats it.. I dont need to replace IO/Ninja, Imma replace Dev..

I don't know if you can suddenly become one of the FOUNDERS of the site, deise... :P

I don't know if you can suddenly become one of the FOUNDERS of the site, deise... :P

Hmphh I didnt think of it like that..
    However if I did become admin, it would be forces upon every member that I was a founder and if they refuse to believe it I could ban them :D

Hmphh I didnt think of it like that..
    However if I did become admin, it would be forces upon every member that I was a founder and if they refuse to believe it I could ban them :D
    Are you going to change your username to Stalin or just wait for others to call you it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

it's not that easy Deise, you need to grow a beard JUST right to be a boards founder, are you up to the task?

brummytom wrote: »
    Are you going to change your username to Stalin or just wait for others to call you it?
    Pffft that'd never work I couldnt just take his name.. Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini all were orginal and when you hear the name everyone knows who your talking about, I need a name with equal greatness of these :D
    it's not that easy Deise, you need to grow a beard JUST right to be a boards founder, are you up to the task?
    Ehh having a beard could get in the way of my stalking, could be too easily identified, ie the 15yr girl with the beard :P

Anyhowww comhghairdeas!! Now that is truely the extent of my Irish.. :P

Pffft that'd never work I couldnt just take his name.. Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini all were orginal and when you hear the name everyone knows who your talking about, I need a name with equal greatness of these :D

Ehh having a beard could get in the way of my stalking, could be too easily identified, ie the 15yr girl with the beard :P

don't worry, a beard doesn't take away from your stalking abilities :)

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Job well done Insect Overlord and congrats Ginja Ninja.

How about "Harry Styles" :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Gratz :)

Dev doesn't have a beard though :O

Advertisement