Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craig Doyle on 'the panel'

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

LMAO at Doyle falling of his chair. What a tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,278 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Doyle is a bit wooden but he also allows himself to be taken the piss out of a fair bit and takes it very well.

That adds to the banter overall.

Nevertheless, show is certainly not a patch on what it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Gardoggle

nah, he's crap, and what has got on him tonight?!!

fb have disabled my anti-doyler page from making posts, even though none of them were abusive and were simply my expression of opinion and those of the page members.. what a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

drop the hug ireland ****e waste of time.

RTE have cancelled it.

It went downhill fast when Dara left and just got worse and worse. Doyle managed to bring the standard up a bit but nowhere near the O Briain days.

I'm glad they cancelled it tbh, hopefully now they will make a good comedy/current affairs show similar to Mock the Week or HIGNFY.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Colmo52 wrote: »
    RTE have cancelled it.It went downhill fast when Dara left and just got worse and worse. Doyle managed to bring the standard up a bit but nowhere near the O Briain days.

Colmo, my good man, I'll need a citation for that one.. I cant find anything about it online.. They needed to change the format, but it was certainly had the bones of a good show..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Colmo, my good man, I'll need a citation for that one.. I cant find anything about it online.. They needed to change the format, but it was certainly had the bones of a good show..
    I've just been told RTE has cancelled The Panel. By my brother. Cheers.

http://twitter.com/andrewismaxwell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Lucozade man

Thank God for that. I cant understand how it has lasted this long, it should have been axed 7 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

But what will Andrew Maxwell do for a career now?

I preferred it under O'Briain too, at times it seemed like Delamere was holding the show together. Ah well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Good riddence to a crap show, but I'm sure Rte will replace it with some other re-packed muck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭sonic85

i was really happy when i heard RTE was getting rid of the panel. hasnt been any good since dara left. then i heard theyre keeping craig doyle and hell be back in the autumn :(.....................:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 corrin

Hate The Panel - just people laughing at their own jokes which they seem to think were extremely funny

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

RTE have cancelled it.I'm glad they cancelled it tbh, hopefully now they will make a good comedy/current affairs show similar to Mock the Week or HIGNFY.

Don't you remember "Don't Feed The Gondolas"? :eek::eek:
    That was supposed to be RTE's version of HIGNFY but it was rubbish.

I'm glad The Panel has been axed. It was nothing more than an exercise in ego massaging for terminally unfunny people such as Andrew Maxwell and Neil Delamere.

I'd like to see RTE axe Republic Of Telly as well. That show is going nowhere fast. I'd love to see a return of Colin Murphy's "The Blizzard Of Odd". A gem of a show.

I'm glad they cancelled it tbh, hopefully now they will make a good comedy/current affairs show similar to Mock the Week or HIGNFY.

Good luck waiting for that.

RTE's last attempt at a HIGNFY rip off was 'That's all we have time for' with Barry Murphy, Mario Rosenstock and Kevin Myers. It was one of the worst programmes ever broadcast on Television, pure tripe.

The Panel was decent last year, certainly better than the previous series with David McWilliams.

It might have ran out of steam in the last few years, but I doubt if it will be replaced with anything better.

SkidMark wrote: »
    Good luck waiting for that.

RTE's last attempt at a HIGNFY rip off was 'That's all we have time for' with Barry Murphy, Mario Rosenstock and Kevin Myers. It was one of the worst programmes ever broadcast on Television, pure tripe.

I remember. It was shîte.

They might have something new for us in the Autumn* :)

*Yeah Right!!!

I remember. It was shîte.

They might have something new for us in the Autumn* :)

*Yeah Right!!!

We live in hope, Colmo, we live in hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnny D. Mudd

You can boo me as much as you like for this statement but I gave up on this show soon after Dara O'Brien left. He kept the show moving effortlessly and I'd say he created much of the laughs too as well as prompting the funnies from the other panelists.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I remember when they had Phil Jupitus on it as guest presenter. Halfway through the show he started shouting instead of talking, pointing out that thats all the others were doing. It was one of those moments where all of a sudden it just dawns on you how sh!te something is. I couldnt really watch the show again after that.

And, Mairead Farrell is just about the least funny, most irritating person that was ever on that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Daroxtar wrote: »

And, Mairead Farrell is just about the least funny, most irritating person that was ever on that show.

Other than yer one who's Tommy Tiernan's cousin! Woeful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Other than yer one who's Tommy Tiernan's cousin! Woeful!

yeah she was bad in fairness... Dont know how she ever choose stand up as a profession.. she's really not funny at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

I don't know, I preferred Mairead Farrell to Andrew "I can speak in a funny accent" Maxwell. Although in later years her role seems to have been reduced to "token girl who giggles at Delamare's jokes".

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Skerries wrote: »
    he's a lot better than David McWilliams last year
    i think we need a straight man in that seat for the others to play off of
    Craig Doyle is Gay? :D

Advertisement