Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

The payment installment plan on the early bird tickets is something I may use... handy enough and if I choose not to go I can always sell on my ticket. I found the lineup this year was poor so here's hoping next year will be better.

Such a shame that The Cure have ruled themselves out for any additional shows other than Bestival. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Every year the line up gets sort of prgoressively more boring with a handful of bands I feel I have to see and each year I say "It'll get better next year" and it doesn't. Still love going though.

Just booked my early bird ticket with the 3 payment deal.

Every year the line up gets sort of prgoressively more boring with a handful of bands I feel I have to see and each year I say "It'll get better next year" and it doesn't.

Yeah, festivals tend to get in to the habit of booking the same bands every couple of years and Electric Picnic is getting worse in that regard... seemed like half the bands this year had already played the festival two or three years prior.

Mr.S wrote: »
    stupid question, but with the repayment plan, can you decide on the last repayment not to pay and then get a refund of the 2 previous payments?

I'm guessing no since you will be dealing with Ticketmaster and they don't tend to give refunds because of change of mind. So I reckon once you put your deposit down you enter an agreement with Ticketmaster to pay the rest of the monies. I don't know for sure, but that's my inkling.
    at the moment i'm all for going but if the lineup is woeful/something else comes up I dont want to stuck with a ticket that will be hard to sell for what i payed for as it probably wont sell out!

Price for early bird ticket is €200 and like previous years it will go up to probably €240 next spring. I'm sure you'll be able to sell it off for what you paid if you decide the lineup is not for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Van Occupanther

So Faith No More are no more?:D

Pulp have reformed and are already confirmed for Wireless and Primevera next summer. I have a feeling they might play Electric Picnic as well. Would be fantastic to see them live!!

According to Jim Carroll's blog on the Irish Times, pulp will be playing Oxegen. Boo hiss etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

According to Jim Carroll's blog on the Irish Times, pulp will be playing Oxegen. Boo hiss etc

What a waste! All the youngsters ( I'm 32, I'm allowed to call them youngsters:rolleyes:) won't have a clue who Pulp are. It'll be like when Blur played Poxegen last year, and the crowd spent the whole time waiting for Blur to play 'wooo hooo'.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Yep, i heard that too last week and it will ensure that the day ticket allotment for that day will sell out. I may even consider going if i wasn't going to see them at Prima.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Just found out that I'm going! WOO-HOO!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Tenks

My sources tell me Kele is going to be one of the main acts this year. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Tenks wrote: »
    My sources tell me Kele is going to be one of the main acts this year. :pac:

Bring back the Bloc!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Can't imagine all the 15-16 years old wanting to see Pulp. They would be more suited to picnic. I would love to see them again but not at oxegen, too many skangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Every year the line up gets sort of prgoressively more boring with a handful of bands I feel I have to see and each year I say "It'll get better next year" and it doesn't. Still love going though.

Just booked my early bird ticket with the 3 payment deal.

Thinking the same. Though that may also be to do with the way my music taste has been going in the last year or so :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Anyone heard any whispers about the lineup?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Anyone heard any whispers about the lineup?

nothing till march or later

With Portishead playing festivals this summer... I suppose an EP appearance by them is possible. Same with The Chemical Brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

nm wrote: »
    Yep, was excellent!! They've confirmed the Screamadelica show for Bestival and Benicassim already so they're on the festival circuit this summer, and that suits EP to the ground so it would make a lot of sense to get them on there.

Be totally wasted on Oxegen (like most decent bands) so fingers crossed they don't fall into that hole.

I've read a lot of crap and generalisations about the people that go to Oxegen, that takes the biscuit.

From a long-time festival goer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Enjoy your biscuit so

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

kc66 wrote: »
    I've read a lot of crap and generalisations about the people that go to Oxegen, that takes the biscuit.

From a long-time festival goer.

They are right though. I'm one that steers clear from these threads due to so much fickle bickering but you have to admit that there would be, generally, more people at EP to see PS than at Oxegen. If they were to play Oxegen, they wouldn't get the stage, nor time that they deserve (especially on such a tour). I am by no means a fan really, but I can identify a festival for such a band to be EP, especially seeing as it is in the "Don't Look Back" vain, something POD has been associated with in the past.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

stupid question, but with the repayment plan, can you decide on the last repayment not to pay and then get a refund of the 2 previous payments?

It doesn't look like it. From ticketmaster site:
    Electric Picnic Installment Payment Plan

Tickets available under instalment payment option:

Electric Picnic 2011 Deposit Event

In choosing to part pay for your Electric Picnic 2011 Ticket(s) you give Ticketmaster authorisation to charge your credit card an initial deposit of E67.00 per ticket ("Deposit") at time of booking. A subsequent E66.00 will be charged to the same card on Monday 31 January 2011 and the balance of E66.00 + Service Charge per ticket ("Balance") will be charged to your credit card on Thursday 31 March 2011.

You understand and agree the part payment(s) per ticket is non refundable and not transferable.

Failure to authorise this auto debit will result in you forfeiting your Electric Picnic Ticket(s) and Deposit.

Tickets are available on a first come first served basis and are limited to six per person, transaction, household and credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Hi all,

Sorry to drag this thread back up but I have a quick question. Are the campervan tickets something you buy in addition to the regular tickets or is it an all-in-one thing? When do the campervan tickets normally go on sale?

We have a camper this year and I was about to buy an early bird ticket but that only gives general admission so I'm not sure!

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

The camper tickets are additional.
    You still need your general admission tickets.

They were around €60 per camper van last year. Dunno when they'll be going on sale this year. March, at a guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Do they still have all sorts of accommodating there? I want to go, but can't be arsed if i'm slumming it in a tent. (Rock-n-roll!!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 medb71

i tried to buy family ticket on installment deal but it wasnt an option on ticketmaster today....am i too late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 John 357

Well Portishead are playing in London, Spain and in Brussels around Jun-July.... maybe..... hopefully.... they will play the picnic.... it would be unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭hannable80

If you look at primavera line up...it normal gives some indication of what the line up could be.....
    Mercury rev
    Flaming lips
    Pulp
    Grinder Man
    Yuck
    and I also heard on the grap vine the Cure

• Registered Users Posts: 44 kn0ckers

With Portishead playing festivals this summer... I suppose an EP appearance by them is possible. Same with The Chemical Brothers.

me hopes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

hannable80 wrote: »
    If you look at primavera line up...it normal gives some indication of what the line up could be.....
    Mercury rev
    Flaming lips
    Pulp
    Grinder Man
    Yuck

It would be a great weekend, if thats true:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

medb71 wrote: »
    i tried to buy family ticket on installment deal but it wasnt an option on ticketmaster today....am i too late

dunno if you got sorted but they are there now

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

hannable80 wrote: »
    Mercury rev
    Flaming lips
    Pulp
    Grinder Man
    Yuck

Primavera is in May, bit of a long stretch but you might get 2 of those. Pulp are playing oxegen as far as i know for a start and Grinderman is in the Marquee and Vicar Street so can't see them playing EP too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 almv

Arcade Fire are playing Manchester and Edinburgh on the Wednesday and Thursday prior to EP weekend. It would be rude not to ask them to play...

Advertisement