Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has landlord failed in his obligation?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Avns1s wrote: »
    Well they shouldn't have been and its against all regulations to have them wired such that they can both be on at the same time.

A 9 KW Shower works of about 40A, this is 80A for the pair and this does not include any lights, heaters, etc that might be runing as well. The normal supply to a domestic installation is fused by the ESB at 63A. The maths are pretty simple.

It is for this reason that an installation must be wired with switching gear which prevents both shoers being on at the same time.

This is the best and most accurate post of this thread so far.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

ztoical wrote: »
    They aren't obligated

That's the second time I've seen the word obligated in this forum. Why the American English?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Avns1s wrote: »
    Well they shouldn't have been and its against all regulations to have them wired such that they can both be on at the same time.

A 9 KW Shower works of about 40A, this is 80A for the pair and this does not include any lights, heaters, etc that might be runing as well. The normal supply to a domestic installation is fused by the ESB at 63A. The maths are pretty simple.

It is for this reason that an installation must be wired with switching gear which prevents both shoers being on at the same time.
    It is incorrect to say that it is against all regulations. If someone obtains an enhanced supply off the ESB, then the main ESB supplied fuse is upped to 80 Amps, possibly among other changes to the supply end. The ESB themselves say that such an installation or upgrade is suitable for those wishing to power 2 simultaneous electric showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

That's the second time I've seen the word obligated in this forum. Why the American English?

Cus I did my BA degree in America and it's force of habbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

It is incorrect to say that it is against all regulations. If someone obtains an enhanced supply off the ESB, then the main ESB supplied fuse is upped to 80 Amps, possibly among other changes to the supply end. The ESB themselves say that such an installation or upgrade is suitable for those wishing to power 2 simultaneous electric showers.

I wonder what percentage of domestic installations have this enhanced supply? Very few, I would think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Just putting up another hand for non electric showers being a deal breaker.

(other deal breakers: carpets, those awful couches with wooden armrests, combination washer/dryers or no dryer)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

its an easy mistake to make, power shower ,s look almost identical, to immersion showers, I didnt know till my sister told me to switch on immersion,30 mins be4 i use it,THAT it was not a powershower..But its up to the prospective tenant to check before renting or signing the lease, what facilitys the apartment has.

Advertisement