Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Awards 2010 - Results in Post #43!

Options
  • 01-12-2010 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

That time of the year again - the annual Game of the Year awards on Boards. Most of the new releases have dried up (the last of which will be on the 10th), so now is as good a time as any to kick things off.

I'll hold off on the Nintendo categories for a bit so games like Donkey Kong Country Returns (3rd), Golden Sun Dark Dawn (10th) and Cave Story (10th) have a chance to be included in the awards.

The Xbox categories are now open for nominations - go here to make your selections.

The next category will be PS3 on Sunday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Nice put my 360 noms forward. Wanted to put Alan Wake and Hot Pursuit in there somewhere but there were better games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I put some FPS and shooters under action adventure tab. As for fighting games, would they go under sports?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i vote for less categories, its a bit excessive sometimes...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I put some FPS and shooters under action adventure tab. As for fighting games, would they go under sports?

There has never been a fighting category (and I've searched!).
    The category would be very light anyway - there isn't a large pool of games to choose from.

For the last few years, fighting games tended to show up in the "Best Game..." categories.

PS3 categories are now open.

PC categories will go up midweek, and the Xbox ones will be locked for counting.

• Advertisement

PS3 nominations are a little bit light.... bumping this for the lunchtime browsers. :)

Click here to make your selections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I only use my PS3 for exclusives, so it feels a little wrong nominating games that I enjoyed on the 360 even if they are pretty much identical...

Same here, tman....

There are still a lot of people who just have a PS3 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭Polar101

I only have a PS3, but my problem with the nominations was that most of the games I loved in 2010 were released the year before (or earlier). :)

PC categories now accepting nominations.

PS3 is still open, and Xbox 360 is now closed for counting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,938 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Demon's Souls!

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

There's no FPS/Shooter or multiplayer category? I wanted to put MAG in there somewhere, I might have to edit mine :d

PS3 now closed for counting, and the Wii categories are open for nominations.

3 groups left (Portable, Fun, Overall).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,938 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sin and Punishment 2 would be in for a strong shout for best on the Wii if not year if only more people had played it.

I enjoyed the little I played of it, so it gets my nomination!

PC closed, portable categories now up (NDS, PSP and iOS).

I've left out sports and racing (based on previous years!), but if there have been more than 2 or 3 standout titles in any of those categories, let me know and I'll set up the nomination thread(s).

Wii closed, Fun categories now up (including biggest disappointment, most pleasant surprise, and hottest characters)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Oh ****! Totally forgot to vote in the portable categories! I will do so later, promise!

My rough timetable for the awards is to close portable by Thursday, put up the Overall categories then, and start the vote early next week.

Loved getting the pic for the best character awards as I was doing it I found some great crap cosplay. Can I suggest another Fun category?

Best/Worst cosplay of a 2010 character.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much for making me go down in the history of Boards as a gigantic perv!:p

I'll post some pics later... Got some great fan art of Miranda already saved on my PC:o

Final category now up (overall awards)
    The vote should be at the weekend, hopefully.

Just noticed that the individual categories are best racing game but the overall is best driving game. Why is that? it was the same in 09 too. Weird, Im so tired but can't sleep.

Should Minecraft be allowed to be nominated. Hasn't it just gone from Alpha into Beta? It's not a completed game as of yet, so the devs tell us. Would it then be disallowed when it eventually is a complete game sometime in 2011?

All I know is it's the best game I've played all year, beta or no beta.

That's a tricky one tbh... To complicate matters further, gamefaqs lists the release date as Oct 2009...
    Looks like the Minecraft fans are doubly screwed:(

I think we can get around that. Minecraft Classic came out in 2009, but the version everyone knows today is the Alpha version, and that came out in June. It hit Beta last week. The classic version is a separate (limited) build and is not being updated any more....

Release date(s)
    Classic: May 17, 2009
    Alpha: June 28, 2010
    Beta: December 20, 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minecraft

So is the classic game allowed even though it came out in 09?

Dude, I'm trying my best here.
    I'm saying Minecraft is allowed. Just go with the flow. :)

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Dude, I'm trying my best here.
    I'm saying Minecraft is allowed. Just go with the flow. :)

Your the boss :)

Advertisement