Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Disruption / Impact on Transport etc

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Bucklesman wrote: »
    The driver had been putting dry snow under the wheels in an attempt to get more traction. Most of the people doing that had been on the bus themselves.

It was worth a shot.
    EAFC_rdfl wrote: »
    those goons were trying to help, theres more chance of grip in a bit of loose snow, than on compacted snow/ice

Sorry, I can't see how that could have been helping the driver. Throwing loose snow at the wheels, sure it'll all just compact up even more. He needed some grocery shopping bags or something put down for him to get out of there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Bucklesman wrote: »
    That's desperation for ya. This happened around three o'clock, I didn't get home til about half six. If only Dublin Bus would get some snow chains.

Yah or those things that you can put around the tyres in place of snow chains, can't remember what they are called - snow socks is it?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i cant face walking home again - thinking about heading home soon and taking an annual day tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

irishbird wrote: »
    i cant face walking home again - thinking about heading home soon and taking an annual day tomorrow

Walked home yesterday myself :( Though apparently the 83 was running, one went by me, but wasn't arsed waiting all evening for another one.

'twas quite chilly walking alright, but sort of enjoyable at the same time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

Ah here, my scale model RC car wouldn't have gotten grip on the amount of snow they were kicking at the bus! They just looked stupid.

A seriously HUGE lol at 1:12 your one in the white jacket attempting to push the bus! Ha!
    still doesn't make them idiots or goons :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement