Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin students stage 'surprise conference'

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I resent the implication that I should be ashamed for not attending a protest.
    The fact that I dislike the lying of the demagogues in the unions at least as much as I dislike the government would be reason enough to not attend one of their little love ins but add to that the fact that I'm spending every spare minute trying to keep my employees employed and don't really have the time to waste earning my protest badge with the national self- congratulatory society.

Take your self-righteous condemnation and stick it up your fúcking ass

• Registered Users Posts: 33,033 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

AAAAAAAHHH wrote: »
    You're saying that we don't need to make cuts?

no, I'm saying..
    Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    In fairness, his point about apathy is accurate. Take for example...

People, in my opinion, have accepted this too easily without asking why. Most have accepted that it will happen, fair enough, but we seem to be trusting Fianna Fail to make fair and equal cuts, and that those responsibe will get away with it. Why?

Because of apathy. They get away with it because they know no one will stand up to them.

Before the general election, there shall be a budget. And three more months or so of Fianna Fail. They can still do a lot more damage.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Nevore wrote: »
    I resent the implication that I should be ashamed for not attending a protest.
    The fact that I dislike the lying of the demagogues in the unions at least as much as I dislike the government would be reason enough to not attend one of their little love ins but add to that the fact that I'm spending every spare minute trying to keep my employees employed and don't really have the time to waste earning my protest badge with the national self- congratulatory society.

Take your self-righteous condemnation and stick it up your fúcking ass

"National self-congratulatory society", wtf is that?
    Earning protest badge!!!
    Get a grip its a bigger situation than that now, bigger than unions or whatever your gripe is. Doing nothing is seen by the Gov as acquiesce to what is happening.
    And yes I do think those who do nothing should be ashamed at letting their country be run into the ground by these maniacs, so stick that you know where.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭FionnMatthew

in the past, when i've been down on protesting, it's been out of too much idealism, and a feeling of hopelessness, a feeling that the protests that happened were ill organized, etc.

why do i get the impression that most of the resentment for protest here is just the manifestation of an inferiority complex?

Advertisement