Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the media be focusing too much on Dublin?

Options
  • 01-12-2010 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Ive just been thinking right, we all pay our taxes to them people in RTE and yet despite this the media and news does be dominated by Dublincentric stuff. Everything from the news to the weather to the sitcoms is based around Dublin with not much else focused on the rest of the country. Theres times when you just have to say ah sure this kind of thing isnt on at all, and do something about it.

Do you think its time to protest about the Dublincentric orientation of the media like them people protesting about the IMF and public sector.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Would you believe it, I don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Its not the media that is dublin weighted, it's the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

To be fair if it wasn't would we have seen that guy falling on the news last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Well it's where all the good stuff happens so fair enough really.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Dublin is the only village / town / city in this country..............everywhere else is just baron wasteland populated by muck mountain men who sprouted out of the ground like potatoes.

When it comes to Irish Media, I refer it to Republic of Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I prefer funny trolls, at least you can have a laugh with them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Dublin = Engerland

Rest of Ireland = Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Which media?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Ive just been thinking right, we all pay our taxes to them people in RTE and yet despite this the media and news does be dominated by Dublincentric stuff.

Do you think its time to protest about the Dublincentric orientation of the media like them people protesting about the IMF and public sector.

I think you'l find that the majority of 'our taxes' come from Dublin

And yea well worth protesting about. Either that or just get sky and watch something eles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Dublin are welcome to RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

"Does the media be focusing"

The way you phrased that, i'm glad it focuses more on Dublin. Weirdo culchies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Duberlin and Galway, the meeja does be loving the City of the Tribes and all their cultural waffle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

They do be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

stovelid wrote: »
    They do be.

So dey do be do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

I done be going to scratch my head about this here now like.

Oh! Hardy Bucks do be a look-see to country folk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

Arragh, sure he does be quare fond of the auld pink gansys, like.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Mr & Mrs Does Be and all the little Do Bes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Dublin The Den Of Negative Equity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Dublin = Engerland

Proud to be Engerlish in that case. Beats being a bogman with a chip on both shoulders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

I was just saying how After Hours could do with another Dublin vs. rest of the country thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

lol at dubliners trolling culchies! :pac:

Seriously tho, its about time we rename Ireland 'Dublin' coz Dublin is so great ya' know??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

We should amalgamate all the counties on the east coast and call it Super Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

lol at dubliners trolling culchies! :pac:

Seriously tho, its about time we rename Ireland 'Dublin' coz Dublin is so great ya' know??

No, a troll trolling both Dublin and Country people and guess what? People are falling for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Call it what ye like, as long as the original Dubliners stay on the east side of the bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Ive just been thinking right, we all pay our taxes to them people in RTE and yet despite this the media and news does be dominated by Dublincentric stuff. Everything from the news to the weather to the sitcoms is based around Dublin with not much else focused on the rest of the country. Theres times when you just have to say ah sure this kind of thing isnt on at all, and do something about it.

Sitcoms? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I done be going to scratch my head about this here now like.

Oh! Hardy Bucks do be a look-see to country folk!

that made me chuckle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ear To The Ground: The Dublin Special was sh1t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

To be honest a very large percentage of the population live in the Dublin area. It is also the capital city so it is understandable that there is quite a large amount of attention given.

We are much too small a country to have regional television stations but there are plenty of good local radio stations (and some crap ones as well) for wherever you are in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Dublin = Engerland

DISAGREE!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Nobody likes to hear about culchies. Not even other culchies. If they did they'd be on the news.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement