Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Look at the state of the gold finish on this Zelda cart. Looks like it's been dug out of the ground

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zelda-2-II-Adventure-Link-Nintendo-NES-Game-/150777932931?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item231b10ac83

I kinda like it in a really odd way.

Edit - on the subject of Zelda, what the hell is with all these ugly ass console mods I keep seeing lately?! ack, such a waste of a NES!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-NES-Custom-Gold-Zelda-console-2-custom-gold-controllers-/270867276413?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item3f10f2a27d

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

o1s1n wrote: »
    Look at the state of the gold finish on this Zelda cart. Looks like it's been dug out of the ground

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zelda-2-II-Adventure-Link-Nintendo-NES-Game-/150777932931?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item231b10ac83

Edit - on the subject of Zelda, what the hell is with all these ugly ass console mods I keep seeing lately?! ack, such a waste of a NES!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-NES-Custom-Gold-Zelda-console-2-custom-gold-controllers-/270867276413?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item3f10f2a27d

Holy smokes! That NES is frackin' horrendous.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Ok that proves EnterNow's comment the other day correct, people really are storing carts in flower pots/beds. Wtf.

£32 warranty for UK customers. Haven't come across that before, another way to get more money off you. Bit like Argos and their "would you like 1 year cover with that..." crap. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Egret 2
    unfortunately shipping is $800usd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Although I do like my painted consoles, I only do it to disfigured ones. I dont understand themeing consoles for games though. Although some of them can be cool, like this mega man one, which is only because of the colours that I like it really. Be better withough MM on it imo

In fact that guy does a great job painting consoles and they look amazing in terms of workmanship. He gets paid a nice bita scratch for it but some of the ones just looks horrible afterwards so I couldnt bring myself to do it. A punisher skull and lightning on a NES WTF!

I kind of do want to paint a PS1 like a ZX spectrum though

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

The blue finish on that looks well, but I wouldn't be mad on the stickers. They're just those decals I bought from someone on ebay a while ago. They're nice and all, but they don't really add anything to that NES I think.

Check out how much this Ecco Jr. ended for. I picked it up a few years ago for about €30 delivered from AUS. It's missing the booklet, but still...that's some leap in price!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290680370835?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Yeah I was watching it....really is nuts.

Makes me happy to know I have a nice few of the rarer games. They have gone for stupid money recently

Still have that second Alien Soldier, cant bring myself to put it on the bay

Master of the Universe

Lad in the Uk selling an empty sega Nomad shell for £15. I was in contact with him and he'll post for £10.

Might be a good starting point for a Snes handheld project or something.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150778876090?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Lad in the Uk selling an empty sega Nomad shell for £15. I was in contact with him and he'll post for £10.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150778876090?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I could fit a Raspberry Pi board in there :rolleyes:
    And a screen and plenty of USB storage. But I did say I wouldn't buy anything until the end of the month.
    Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Steve SI wrote: »
    I could fit a Raspberry Pi board in there :rolleyes:
    And a screen and plenty of USB storage. But I did say I wouldn't buy anything until the end of the month.
    Hmmm

I say that all the time usually just before I buy something.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Wonder how he ended up with that or what happened to the innards. D-pad and buttons are great on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Wonder how he ended up with that or what happened to the innards. D-pad and buttons are great on them.

My thoughts exactly, how the hell do you end up with an empty Nomad?? Unless he had a screen modded one which developed a fault & he needed repair parts. The new screens are hot glued in so not the easiest yoke to get out if you need to

If I got that case it would nearly cost the same as a Raspberry Pi board itself.
    So, I'll give it a miss this time me thinks.

Might also be handy to do a case swap if you have a not so clean and scratch free Nomad.

Master of the Universe

I was trying to figure out how it ended up like that myself. It's really odd.

He either -

Tried to fix a broken Nomad but was unable to - and is too lazy to put it back together.
    Or
    Tried to mod it and broke the thing.
    Or
    Took the innards out for another project (absolute sacrilege if so, as cheap Megadrive clone handhelds are all over the place)
    Or
    Has taken the whole concept of selling his collection a bit far and decided to break down everything into parts :confused:

Well I just got some money into my paypal account, Now to blow it on games

I really want to get a complete SNES game, anyone have a good suggestions where to start with this limited collection I want to make of them???

Master of the Universe

A link to the past fully cib would be a sight to behold :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

A link to the past fully cib would be a sight to behold :)

It only counts if it comes with the small black book of hints too.

Found one, but wont know about shipping until I get a reply.

I'm my panic I've ordered 2 new pairs of slacks...slim cut not skinny.....Sorry johnny ultimate, coldnt bring myself to go to the dark side

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm my panic I've ordered 2 new pairs of slacks...slim cut not skinny.....Sorry johnny ultimate, coldnt bring myself to go to the dark side

Just paint your legs. You might as well, as the tightness of some jeans is horrific!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Ah well, that's the iPad 1 sold. O2 Recycle offered €131.

Just sold mine in Gamestop for €220. Offer is limited so if anyone is thinking of selling their iPad 1, this is the best price online or offline.

Now for an iPad 3. :D

• Advertisement

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Ah well, that's the iPad 1 sold. O2 Recycle offered €131.

Just sold mine in Gamestop for €220. Offer is limited so if anyone is thinking of selling their iPad 1, this is the best price online or offline.

Now for an iPad 3. :D

Sold my iPad 1 for 370 a few weeks ago. I did include a few extras with it though. Think I'll donate the iPad 2 to the girlfriend when I get the new one.

Now, hopefully they get a bit of stock in ireland. Or I might just order it online and wait the 1 or 2 weeks it'll take.

Mine was bare bones 16gb WiFi. Happy at the price as I bought it refurbished from Apple when the iPad 2 launched. :)

Mine was bare bones 16gb WiFi. Happy at the price as I bought it refurbished from Apple when the iPad 2 launched. :)

Yeah that was a good price for it.

Sure might as well just get an iPad 2 now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Although I do like my painted consoles, I only do it to disfigured ones. I dont understand themeing consoles for games though. Although some of them can be cool, like this mega man one, which is only because of the colours that I like it really. Be better withough MM on it imo

In fact that guy does a great job painting consoles and they look amazing in terms of workmanship. He gets paid a nice bita scratch for it but some of the ones just looks horrible afterwards so I couldnt bring myself to do it. A punisher skull and lightning on a NES WTF!

I kind of do want to paint a PS1 like a ZX spectrum though

How would you cover and paint the tiny font decal on the NES cart flap?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

How would you cover and paint the tiny font decal on the NES cart flap?

I'd say he made a stencil of it, painted over the old one and stenciled on the new one.

I actually talked to that fella before. He uses a laser cut stencil and paints it on that way.

Yeah that was a good price for it.

Sure might as well just get an iPad 2 now :p

Haha stop trying to do an o1s1n on me! Is the iPad 3 available to pre order anywhere?

I might be away on business in Jersey, London and Dubai for a bit of April so pondering a tax free one. If not, I have a 15% off code for the Apple store I could use...

Haha stop trying to do an o1s1n on me! Is the iPad 3 available to pre order anywhere?

I might be away on business in Jersey, London and Dubai for a bit of April so pondering a tax free one. If not, I have a 15% off code for the Apple store I could use...

Not in Ireland. But people have started to receive them in the US and the reviews and tear downs are out now. No surprise that its the same as the iPad 2, as in mostly battery.

Doesn't the UK get them tomorrow morning?

Not in Ireland. But people have started to receive them in the US and the reviews and tear downs are out now. No surprise that its the same as the iPad 2, as in mostly battery.

Doesn't the UK get them tomorrow morning?

Dunno. I thought the UK release was the same as Eire? What's the story with Apple Store pre-ordering? Will they announce the time or something to go online and order? I'm not used to this Apple fanaticism lark (mainly because I don't really give a hoot, I just need an iPad 3 to travel).

• Advertisement

Dunno. I thought the UK release was the same as Eire? What's the story with Apple Store pre-ordering? Will they announce the time or something to go online and order? I'm not used to this Apple fanaticism lark (mainly because I don't really give a hoot, I just need an iPad 3 to travel).

You can buy it tomorrow in stores in the UK or grab it online now.

Not sure about pre-orders for Ireland but its available from the 23rd of this month in shops(if you manage to grab one of the 5 iPad's they get in stock).
    Nothing about pre-orders on the Irish apple site just yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement