Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh, wait....

Maybe Luigis Mansion Mansion goes for more than Luigis Mansion?
    I mean, that's twice as much mansion!
    Twice the ghosts!
    Awesome-Sauce!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah Luigis Mansion doesn't go for as high as 20, just been checking complited listings. Still though...I've done it and I have to live with myself now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Yeah Luigis Mansion doesn't go for as high as 20, just been checking complited listings. Still though...I've done it and I have to live with myself now

in fairness to you thats a pretty sweet GC collection, not a dud in it and would cost you more than that to put it together.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a nice collection, Twin Snakes always goes for stupid money as well. It's unfortunately a bit ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Steve SI wrote: »
    And that makes 3 :D

Joking of course

I was actually going to suggest it wasn't you. You only buy things in two's! :D

Whoever scored it for €700 though got themselves a bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I was actually going to suggest it wasn't you. You only buy things in two's! :D

Whoever scored it for €700 though got themselves a bargain.

Yeah, no extras with it either so its just the game and case. Which is still cool of course.
    But you can get them with original letter and packaging that they were posted out in(most were posted out to people). Those ones are extra extra rare and worth the full amount, or more than the full amount depending on your want factor at the time.

I've only ever seen that original packaging for sale once, and it wasnt in Japan either.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CIB VGA graded Earthbound. Already on $2000 with a week to go. I can see this one ending big -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EarthBound-Super-Nintendo-VGA-Qualified-85-CIB-Extremely-Rare-No-Reserve-/250973640957

o1s1n wrote: »
    CIB VGA graded Earthbound. Already on $2000 with a week to go. I can see this one ending big -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EarthBound-Super-Nintendo-VGA-Qualified-85-CIB-Extremely-Rare-No-Reserve-/250973640957

Honestly, I just don't understand that. Whoever buys it will never play it. What a waste of a great game. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I really hate those VGA scam artists.

Master of the Universe

Actually, here's an interesting one, anyone know if those VGA boxes have ventilation?

As sealing up something like that is going to have a lot of gasses floating around inside of it. In the end it may lead to discolouration/the object itself being destroyed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Actually, here's an interesting one, anyone know if those VGA boxes have ventilation?

As sealing up something like that is going to have a lot of gasses floating around inside of it. In the end it may lead to discolouration/the object itself being destroyed.

Yet on the flip side isn't Oxygen corrosive by nature? Maybe they are sealed in a vacuum.

Master of the Universe

Ah, didn't think of that. I would imagine they are vacuum stored in those cases.

Well they'd bloody better want to be with the money people are charging!

Its complete sh1te this VGA stuff, take it out, play with it, give it some air

When the Zombie's come is anyone really going to give a **** who has a sealed earthbound. Be a lot better if you could meet another survivor and they say "hey you ever hear tell of that snes game...earthbounder, they reckon she was one of the greats of the snes RPG's" and you can say "Stranger, I've played her.... and I beat her, one mighty fine game some would say...any I would agree. Now you best be one your way before I set my fuzzy pickles on your hide!"

Master of the Universe

Hah, I didn't know Sony made these. 14 inch portable Trinitron. It has that Trinitron flat screen look -

http://www.adverts.ie/tv/sony-14-inch-portable-tv-for-sale/1231058

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

This one looks even tastier. Hmmm, looks vaguely familiar too. ;)

http://www.adverts.ie/1198290

I still have my old 14" Sony Tririturojgihdflighsdfhdrkfjhtron back in lock-up in the UK. It's probably trashed by damp and mice now. :(

I still have my old 14" Sony Tririturojgihdflighsdfhdrkfjhtron back in lock-up in the UK. It's probably trashed by damp and mice now. :(

You have a secondary man cave in the UK? I assume nuclear fallout proof? With all 797 copies of darius alpha we done know about lining the walls?

You have a secondary man cave in the UK? I assume nuclear fallout proof? With all 797 copies of darius alpha we done know about lining the walls?

Nope, just lock up from my old gaf before I went to live in 'misc countries that may or may not pay tax' in the Caribbean region and 'some gafs' across Canada. :)

I'll go and haul it over to Ireland some day. I miss my Korean R3's. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Does that mean my copy is worth over a thousand if I put in a sandwiche bag inside an old xtravision video tape case and get ye guys to say its in good nick and that it's a rare game and not many of these come up on the Internet nowadays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hah, I didn't know Sony made these. 14 inch portable Trinitron. It has that Trinitron flat screen look -

http://www.adverts.ie/tv/sony-14-inch-portable-tv-for-sale/1231058

I got a 14" Trinitron for my first ever tv. I still have it, a testament to build quality of old.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That VGA crap is incredible and a testament to the gullibility of people.
    It's buying tulips all over again, ramping up the cost of an item because some self-appointed arbiters of perfection say so.
    Unbelievable.
    Anyone dumb enough to spend that sort of money on a game should be dragged out the back and have some sense beaten into them, in a caring way of course....

Hmm, I can see a ball of dog sh1te in the garden there, I'm sure if I get a VGA rated case for it I can get 2,500 from some dumb ass online for it!!!

Why, it's like spending 700 plus on a sweater!! ;)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Anyone dumb enough to spend that sort of money on a game should be dragged out the back and have some sense beaten into them, in a caring way of course...

I saw this happen at Balbriggan market once when a lad spent €1 on Dick Tracy for the C64.

Why, it's like spending 700 plus on a sweater!! ;)

Or having a pantry! :D

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    This one looks even tastier. Hmmm, looks vaguely familiar too. ;)

http://www.adverts.ie/1198290

Nice!!!! Feckin lovely CRTs are always made that more tempting by the silly low prices people put on them.
    EnterNow wrote: »
    I got a 14" Trinitron for my first ever tv. I still have it, a testament to build quality of old.

Quality stuff. Mine was a 'Telefunken'. Can't say I've ever heard of that brand since. Lasted me years though. In fact, in the long run I'd love to try to pick one up. Just for childhood authenticity :D
    Or having a pantry! :D

Now now Mr.Sultan of Brunei, a grotty back room off my kitchen and your ostentatious clothing are not comparable :P

Now now Mr. Sultan of Brunei, a grotty back room off my kitchen and your ostentatious clothing are not comparable :P

It's still a pantry. :p

Master of the Universe

You know when you say/hear a word so much it ceases to have any meaning and just becomes a sound?

PantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantry
    PantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantryPantry

Oh, that French supergun arrived in the post yesterday. Hopefully I'll get a chance to test it out this weekend :)

You know when you say/hear a word so much it ceases to have any meaning and just becomes a sound?

Oh, that French supergun arrived in the post yesterday. Hopefully I'll get a chance to test it out this weekend :)

Untitled-1232-2.jpg

Master of the Universe

Do you keep that on your desktop or something? :P

Master of the Universe

Do you keep that on your desktop or something? :P

Right click Burtons original, copy image location, paste into new post upon mention of pantry

• Advertisement

The fact there's eight bids on it make it even sadder

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement