Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Yeah, I picked that up and the mario 3D World CD after a few hours of scratching.
    Would have liked to have gotten the Link Between Worlds OST though.

I'm holding out for something like that myself!
    I've only 2200 points :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Came across this site, seems to stock a nice selection of stuff with actual photos of the items. Free shipping too which is good. Ordered a cheap $3 game just to see if it's all ok so will report back.

https://www.jjgames.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Came across this site, seems to stock a nice selection of stuff with actual photos of the items. Free shipping too which is good. Ordered a cheap $3 game just to see if it's all ok so will report back.

https://www.jjgames.com/

I've ordered off of them a few times. The wait can be a bit long but you can't complain since it's free. Good site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Keno wrote: »
    I've ordered off of them a few times. The wait can be a bit long but you can't complain since it's free. Good site.

Some good stuff there, always wanted a top loader NES

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Some good stuff there, always wanted a top loader NES

I don't have a toploader but a famicom with an adapter and it's the best thing ever not having to deal with that ****ty NES cartridge adapter set up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Posted about this guy couple of weeks back selling repro games, but he's really taking the piss with this auction....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Snes-games-job-lot-or-bundle-all-mixed-for-the-super-nintendo-vintage-retro-/271822609077?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f49e3dab5

Whirlo, Mega Man X2 ,X3 and Captain Commando all definite repros. I'm pretty sure Whizz is too. He tries to throw in Earthbound and Chrono Trigger PAL as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Corholio wrote: »
    Posted about this guy couple of weeks back selling repro games, but he's really taking the piss with this auction....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Snes-games-job-lot-or-bundle-all-mixed-for-the-super-nintendo-vintage-retro-/271822609077?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f49e3dab5

Whirlo, Mega Man X2 ,X3 and Captain Commando all definite repros. I'm pretty sure Whizz is too. He tries to throw in Earthbound and Chrono Trigger PAL as well.

There's a "PAL" Earthbound sitting right there so to quote Homer Simpson: "If you're dumb enough to eat it..."

bart.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

Just fancy that!

If you wanted a second chance to own the consoles given away a few days ago then in a bizarre coincidence, here is an bundle up on adverts.....

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/old-consoles-for-sale/7739998

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,461 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

LongZ wrote: »

Does that have game cartridge slots or is it just floppy disks?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Does that have game cartridge slots or is it just floppy disks?

According to Wiki it has two cart slots.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NMS-8250

Master of the Universe

Urge to bid, rising...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

the cart slots are on the side for this model. It sold for very little considering what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Something dodgy with that dude. I tried to get more info and pics out of him months ago(my comments have since been deleted). He's not interested in selling or doesn't really have it.

Calling out to see it in person is the only way to know I guess

I've bought things off of him before, seemed like a nice guy tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Something dodgy with that dude. I tried to get more info and pics out of him months ago(my comments have since been deleted). He's not interested in selling or doesn't really have it.

He did say it's in storage, though going to get more pics shouldn't be that big a deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Perhaps he's on the level. But he did originally use a pic he found online of the candy cab and said it was his own.
    Something just doesn't seem right with the whole thing. Maybe the missus told him to sell it and this is his attempt at making sure it doesn't :)

• Advertisement

Ive been up there and seen this, clean machine in fairness. Guy is a teenager and cab is upstairs, be a nightmare to get down id imagine but it is real :)
    Might take a spin up and check it out if he has indeed got it in storage.

Ive been up there and seen this, clean machine in fairness. Guy is a teenager and cab is upstairs, be a nightmare to get down id imagine but it is real :)
    Might take a spin up and check it out if he has indeed got it in storage.

Great stuff mozie.

Great stuff mozie.

Going up the weekend to have a look, will report back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

What do ye think about this space invaders cab?
    http://touch.adverts.ie/crazy-random-stuff/space-invaders/7594085

Was thinking about making offer. What do you need to watch out for in cabs this old like these? Never bought a cab before. Love space invaders but its just a dedicated cab which is a downside.

Not a lot of info but it looks good. I was never into that boxy cabinet .
    If it's 100% working then price wise I think he's ons the money. If it's an empty shell then I'd be at 200 max. And that's only if it was a good condition empty shell with all the art.

I think it looks lovely but don't think I love Space Invaders enough to buy it.
    As Brownfinger says, of its genuine is a good price, this is a classic game, one of the originals, and so may only increase in price, assuming it's functional and original.

Master of the Universe

Never liked that cab either. Its a classic and all but just far too ugly to be practical.

If I were to sort out a Space Invaders setup it'd be cocktail all the way.

Space invaders cab is cool and all as a second machine if you've space for it but as your only cabinet I wouldn't bother, correct me if I am wrong but isn't the CRT monochrome in them so you couldn't even stick a 60in1 with an adapter inside to play a couple of other games. unless of course its already been converted to a multigame in which case I wouldn't buy unless its a got a CRT of some sort in there.

Space invaders cab is cool and all as a second machine if you've space for it but as your only cabinet I wouldn't bother, correct me if I am wrong but isn't the CRT monochrome in them so you couldn't even stick a 60in1 with an adapter inside to play a couple of other games. unless of course its already been converted to a multigame in which case I wouldn't buy unless its a got a CRT of some sort in there.

werent the ships green?
    That might be asteroids/asteroids deluxe your thinking off.

• Advertisement

werent the ships green?
    That might be asteroids/asteroids deluxe your thinking off.
    Asteroids is a vector monitor but I thought Space invaders was B&W with a mirror for the background.

Yup: According to wikipedia
    wiki wrote:
    Space Invaders was first released in a cocktail-table format with black and white graphics, while the Western release by Midway was in an upright cabinet format. The upright cabinet uses strips of orange and green cellophane over the screen to simulate color graphics. The graphics are reflected onto a painted backdrop of a moon against a starry background.[11] Later Japanese releases used rainbow-colored cellophane,[11] such as T.T. Space Invaders in 1978,[21] followed by a version with a full color display.[11] The cabinet artwork features large, humanoid monsters not present in the game. Nishikado attributes this to the artist basing the designs on the original title, Space Monsters, rather than referring to the in-game graphics.[13]

I think the TT Space Invaders mentioned here with the colour CRT is the cocktail which turns up a lot over here
    space_invaders_TT_flyer_(later%20model).jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement