Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My glob!
    Have things gotten so bad in the EnterNow household that you have to sell the Veccy!!!
    Say it ain't so EnterNow, say it ain't so!

Ah it just isn't being used at all, & I'm outta space for new stuff that I want like a Famicom - which would be used!

So yeah, thinking of leaving the Vec-club :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I'd say €150 is pretty fair for a decent working Vectrex... reminds me I still need to get the finger out and fix O1s1n's old one.

I'd say €150 is pretty fair for a decent working Vectrex

Looking briefly on ebay.co.uk, €150 seems in or around the right money. I also have the Vecmulti for it too which would add to the price

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

EnterNow wrote: »
    Looking briefly on ebay.co.uk, €150 seems in or around the right money. I also have the Vecmulti for it too which would add to the price

Yeah seems about right, even with a game I'd say. But the Vecmulti would be an extra €80 or more imo.

/Edit: Nvm about that Paypal question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I tend to factor any potential paypal fees into the asking price, on the assumption that I'll have to pay them, and if someone pays by paypal gift it's a bonus.
    you can't force someone to pay by ppg after agreeing a deal, and putting it in the ad puts people off.
    that said about 80-90% of people I've sold to have paid ppg, and anytime they didnt and I got charged the fees it was only on a cheap item, so not worth moaning about, especially when ebay would charge a 10% FVF & possibly listing fees as well.

• Advertisement

Shipping will be the biggest hassle, a local sale would be ideal. Surely someone on here needs a Vectrex ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Shipping will be the biggest hassle, a local sale would be ideal. Surely someone on here needs a Vectrex ?

I do, but I also need a job more.

I tend to factor any potential paypal fees into the asking price, on the assumption that I'll have to pay them, and if someone pays by paypal gift it's a bonus.
    you can't force someone to pay by ppg after agreeing a deal, and putting it in the ad puts people off.
    that said about 80-90% of people I've sold to have paid ppg, and anytime they didnt and I got charged the fees it was only on a cheap item, so not worth moaning about, especially when ebay would charge a 10% FVF & possibly listing fees as well.

Oh I'd always insist on the buyer paying the fees, if they have a problem with that they're welcome to either pay in cash or retract from the deal :) Its a convenience for the buyer, not me as a seller because you have to wait three days or so to even get the money.

Not even going to offer postage as an option on this one, they're heavy & fragile so its not worth the risk. Worth driving to collect though ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd really like a Vecmulti...
    My Vecflash is very awkward to update.
    I wonder if I have something you'd trade for....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Oh I'd always insist on the buyer paying the fees, if they have a problem with that they're welcome to either pay in cash or retract from the deal :) Its a convenience for the buyer, not me as a seller because you have to wait three days or so to even get the money.

ok, I must just be too much of a nice guy (despite my username)

Not even going to offer postage as an option on this one, they're heavy & fragile so its not worth the risk. Worth driving to collect though ;)

it's alot to expect someone to drive all the way to Yemen :D

I assume you're in Dublin though, I might make you an offer on it if you still have it next month.

• Advertisement

ok, I must just be too much of a nice guy (despite my username)

Niceness doesn't come into it, I'd just prefer cash. If someone chooses paypal, I'm not gonna loose out for their convenience :)
    it's alot to expect someone to drive all the way to Yemen :D

I assume you're in Dublin though, I might make you an offer on it if you still have it next month.

Lol, yeah, Yemen & Dublin do share some similarities :D Based in Dublin though yeah

Ok, I threw it up on adverts. I'm taking into account the cost of the vecmulti & the fact theres two other carts with it so see what happens

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/mb-vectrex-fully-working-mint-condition/2210584?notification=b3dacc9a16282ead52d84fd2776b5ac3-1350484561

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'd really like a Vecmulti...
    My Vecflash is very awkward to update.
    I wonder if I have something you'd trade for....

These multicarts are a lot cheaper than the multivec. I got the lite version a while ago.

But they're preprogrammed though so you can't change the (72) games on it, although I'm not sure he's missing any good ones though.

These multicarts are a lot cheaper than the multivec. I got the lite version a while ago.

But they're preprogrammed though so you can't change the (72) games on it, although I'm not sure he's missing any good ones though.

The lite version isn't boxed though. The boxed version is £50 (not sure if that includes postage), the VecMulti shipped anywhere in the world is $85, approx €65. Pretty much the same price range but you're getting a better product in the VecMulti imo.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    you're getting a better product in the VecMulti imo.

More versatile product alright but unfortunately always appears to be sold out. At least the other one is actually on sale.

More versatile product alright but unfortunately always appears to be sold out. At least the other one is actually on sale.

Yah true, I got my Vecmulti from o1s1n because more often than not they're sold out

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Actually, I got an email from Richard a couple of weeks ago, he has some in stock again.
    All you have to do is ask him to email you when he has made a new batch.
    Also, most of the fun of the Vectrex is the steady, though slow, stream of homebrew, with a fixed multicart you can kiss that goodbye.

Just means you can add "L00K OMG RARE!!!11One" in the Vecmulti description when selling it. :p

Just means you can add "L00K OMG RARE!!!11One" in the Vecmulti description when selling it. :p

L@@K 0M3 R@R3!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon Andrew, get the punctuation right :D

Hah I knew "L00K" didn't look right.

Will be watching your add with interest. ;)

• Advertisement

Will be watching your add with interest. ;)

Do I denote a desire to leave the Vec-club yourself?? :eek:

Do I denote a desire to leave the Vec-club yourself?? :eek:

My CIB MD collection will be going first. Then N64, Snes, not sure about the Vec. Like yourself, it gets zero use but I'm very fond of it. Curious to see if or for how much yours sells. I have the same setup except I have a second controller with a perfect button 4 and some overlays. :)

My CIB MD collection will be going first. Then N64, Snes, not sure about the Vec. Like yourself, it gets zero use but I'm very fond of it. Curious to see if or for how much yours sells. I have the same setup except I have a second controller with a perfect button 4 and some overlays. :)

Make sure to pm me with what your selling before you let any items away to these vultures :):p

{Rumors of impending sale}

Vultures-circling.jpg

Make sure to pm me with what your selling before you let any items away to these vultures :):p

:pac:

Pretty sure it's all PAL except for CIB Actraiser, Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana on the Snes. Wily Wars will most likely be an ebay jobbie to get a decent whack of dosh. Need to make a definite decision and price stuff first anyway.

Pretty sure it's all PAL except for CIB Actraiser, Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana on the Snes. Wily Wars will most likely be an ebay jobbie to get a decent whack of dosh. Need to make a definite decision and price stuff first anyway.

PAL doesn't bother me on the Megadrive, & I would be interested in those Snes titles!

Wily Wars I'd love, but its outta reach for now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Is that Wily Wars complete?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Ok, I threw it up on adverts. I'm taking into account the cost of the vecmulti & the fact theres two other carts with it so see what happens

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/mb-vectrex-fully-working-mint-condition/2210584?notification=b3dacc9a16282ead52d84fd2776b5ac3-1350484561

Threw in an offer there. Not quite asking price but, see what you think.

Relikk wrote: »
    Threw in an offer there. Not quite asking price but, see what you think.

Thats how you do business, a fair asking price & a fair offer. Deal done :cool:

Your up next Andrew :pac:

• Advertisement

Steve SI wrote: »
    Is that Wily Wars complete?

Of course. :)
    Thats how you do business, a fair asking price & a fair offer. Deal done :cool:

Your up next Andrew :pac:

:D

Relikk is a quality buyer. No messing about. :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement