Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's true, if a fugitive from the law makes it over the line from the A&R forum into the console modding forum I can't touch him.
    The two just stand there, Enternow and the lawbreaker, making faces at me across the border.....
    I'll get them though.... oh yes!
    Just one modded 360 to slip onto the A&R trading forum and SNAP! caught in my trap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I got a Saturn a while back off a lad over there, I shall protect his identity but he delivered it in this:pac:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKuHMinD2HoPaO7LbNTDMh2dyMyUFfFKglfPbyOIuVhDHEFjhpOg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,828 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I was going to stick my Nuon and Tempest 3000 on ebay but the idea of parceling that thing up and shipping it.

I'd buy it if I had a job :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just one modded 360 to slip onto the A&R trading forum and SNAP! caught in my trap!

Speaking of which, there was a jtag Jasper 360 going there for €100...I wonder if anyone picked it up

• Registered Users Posts: 34,483 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Speaking of which, there was a jtag Jasper 360 going there for €100...I wonder if anyone picked it up

I contacted the guy straight after you posted it, but he never responded :(

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    I contacted the guy straight after you posted it, but he never responded :(

Weird, I wonder if he sold it beforehand. I posted it up not long after it was posted I think

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

I dunno if this really is a bargain or all that rare. Discuss, I guess.

Treamcast (not a typo) £100 GBP on UK Gumtree.

221071.png

Master of the Universe

From what I remember, that's a very good price for that.

Well worth that money, very sought after. If it was over here I would pick it up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Skullmonkeys for the PS here.
    €20 but a stunning looking little game with a brilliant soundtrack.
    The gameplay isn't so hot but, like, this is art man!
    I used to love skullmonkeys, but finding out that its creator is a looney right wing nut kind of soured it for me.Its a pity because the music ( especially the bonus round music) is great , and its a nice platformer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Dr Bob wrote: »
    I used to love skullmonkeys, but finding out that its creator is a looney right wing nut kind of soured it for me.Its a pity because the music ( especially the bonus round music) is great , and its a nice platformer.

I know what you mean. I can't even look at the type on old Penguin Paperbacks without feeling loathing.

If there is a hell, Eric Gill is on a spit there. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I just stuck 3 GBA SP AGS-001 up on adverts for 10 Euro each plus some crappy free game.
    No charger but I've charged them up with my one and they work fine.

http://www.adverts.ie/2101535

dsc2794.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Great value there Steve, but I'm trying my best to stay away from collecting any handhelds !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Steve SI wrote: »
    I just stuck 3 GBA SP AGS-001 up on adverts for 10 Euro each plus some crappy free game.
    No charger but I've charged them up with my one and they work fine.

http://www.adverts.ie/2101535

dsc2794.jpg
    Hmm, could come in handy for ngp front light conversion

Hmm, could come in handy for ngp front light conversion

Yeah, I'm hanging on to another spare one for just such a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

ah go on sure €10 to light up my NGP

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd buy it if I had a job :(

And if you had the money I'd sell it to you brother retr0

Dr Bob wrote: »

Yeah, I was looking around at getting the soundtrack about 5 years ago, after I bought the game and loved the tunes.
    I sent the money via credit card, but not paypal :(
    Next thing you know.... nothing, and it continues to be nothing to the present day.
    I sent them emails galore, they responded to the first few, promising to attend to it, but since then no replies.

So, I said frak up muvver fuppers and downloaded it instead!

The whole music site is a bit odd though, the musicians are some strange americana thing, folky and.... something else, not sure... they'll probably be voting Romney to be sure!

Description:

Barbie in the 12 dancing princesses

it will be good for your little sisters birthday and its in mid condition no fighting and excellent graphics
    Short link: http://www.adverts.ie/2105710

:confused: Their other ads also seem a little :confused:

• Advertisement

Master of the Universe

A CD32 is one thing I'd never buy untested - they're well known for having leaky caps like the A1200. I'd say it's more than likely deceased.

A CD32 is one thing I'd never buy untested - they're well known for having leaky caps like the A1200. I'd say it's more than likely deceased.

If they leak they can be replaced. Cd drive is the same as the sega cd so readily available. I'd risk it for £17.

Master of the Universe

One bid already with over 6 days to go - it won't end that cheap ;)

Can't leaky caps destroy traces? Every time I think 'leaky caps' I just think back to those photos of my Gamegear's sound board. Looked like it had rabies! Was so bad it literally crumbled in Enternow's hands apparently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,828 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

One bid already with over 6 days to go - it won't end that cheap ;)

Can't leaky caps destroy traces? Every time I think 'leaky caps' I just think back to those photos of my Gamegear's sound board. Looked like it had rabies! Was so bad it literally crumbled in Enternow's hands apparently.

It can if it's really bad but most likely it won't. It's risky but might be worth the risk. Sometimes you can get away with washing the acid off the board if it has leaked badly.

If they leak they can be replaced. Cd drive is the same as the sega cd so readily available. I'd risk it for £17.

Traces etc can be destroyed, the the trail of acidic corrosion can follow on up the ladder to the legs of IC's etc. It's a nasty nasty affliction.

As for the lens, are Sega CD lenses readily available? Any links, wouldn't mind having a few in reserve

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Traces etc can be destroyed, the the trail of acidic corrosion can follow on up the ladder to the legs of IC's etc. It's a nasty nasty affliction.

As for the lens, are Sega CD lenses readily available? Any links, wouldn't mind having a few in reserve

Some models of the drive are but apparently the very first drives to go in to the Model 2 systems are very hard to track down, as are the drives for the Model 1 afaik.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78301879&postcount=375

Ebay & donberg.ie have them.

Looking to clear out the last of the Saturn games I have up for sale on eBay.
    So, if anyone wants them I'll do 50 percent off the asking price for A&R members (just use "buy it now" and don't pay right away, send on your boards username and I'll invoice you).
    I'll do the same on the sealed Lynx games as well. The prices are already pretty low so I think its a steal :)
    I cant do much on the postage but if someone wants to collect them that's fine with me.

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/gadunky/m.html?

Here's what's left:
    Click for full size.
    currentauctions.jpg

• Advertisement

All Saturn games now gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement