Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Ancient Astronaut Rock Carving found in China

Options
  • 30-11-2010 4:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭

P201011261115001366595961.jpg

The carving looks like an alien with a helmet and an antennae on it, doesn't it?

http://www.archaeologydaily.com/news/201011265633/Rare-prehistoric-rock-painting-found-in-Guangdong.html
    There is a person, a horse, constellations and symbols seemingly representing words in the painting. The most impressive part is the person, who appears to be wearing a "helmet" with two long "plumes" inserted in both sides and an antenna-like object in the middle.
    An expert said that the person looks like the aliens wearing helmets in movies and TV shows, or may simply be a chief of the ancient Baiyue tribes. Another expert believes that the rock painting was used by ancient people for telling the time and direction

Anyone know of any other artifacts like this that are purported to be or look like Aliens?

The idea of ancient aliens is not one that is given a lot of credence by scientists, although Carl Sagan did explore the idea.
    wiki wrote:
    In their 1966 book Intelligent Life in the Universe astrophysicists I.S. Shklovski and Carl Sagan devote a chapter to arguments that scientists and historians should seriously consider the possibility that extraterrestrial contact occurred during recorded history. However, Shklovski and Sagan stressed that these ideas were speculative and unproven.

Shklovski and Sagan argued that sub-lightspeed interstellar travel by extraterrestrial life was a certainty when considering technologies that were established or feasible in the late '60s; that repeated instances of extraterrestrial visitation to Earth were plausible; and that pre-scientific narratives can offer a potentially reliable means of describing contact with outsiders.

Additionally, Shklovski and Sagan cited tales of Oannes, a fishlike being attributed with teaching agriculture, mathematics, and the arts to early Sumerians, as deserving closer scrutiny as a possible instance of paleocontact due to its consistency and detail.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Here's a few of the more famous examples:
    sumerian_seal_depicting_Annunaki.jpg
    Sumerian Tablet

ancientastronauts.jpg
    Cave Art from Italy

ancient_astronaut_sego_canyon_utah_circa5500bc.jpg
    From a Utah Cave circa 5,500BC, its not unlike the chinese one that was discovered last week.

alienspetroglyph.jpg
    Another one similar to the 3 antennae dude in the one in the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Could be someone with some kind of ritual headdress or dreadlocks. The ancient astronaut theory is interesting, and it is of course possible, but I personally don't think there's a lot of evidence for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Undergod wrote: »
    Could be someone with some kind of ritual headdress or dreadlocks. The ancient astronaut theory is interesting, and it is of course possible, but I personally don't think there's a lot of evidence for it.

I agree that all of the carvings are fairly ambiguous

However the first one I posted in the OP, looks uncannily like an alien in a spacesuit. So much so that I would say it has to be a hoax. Although I haven't seen any reason to think so yet.

P201011261115001366595961paint.jpg

Looks a bit like earthworm jim with a helmet on

Earthworm-Jim-xbox.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭GarlicBread

"In a shock statement, head of the Cairo University Archeology Department, Dr Ala Shaheen has told an audience that there might be truth to the theory that aliens helped the ancient Egyptians build the oldest of pyramids, the Pyramids of Giza.
    On being further question by Marek Novak, a delegate from Poland as to whether the pyramids might still contain alien technology or even a UFO with its structure, Dr Shaheen, was vague and replied "I can not confirm or deny this, but there is something inside the pyramid that is "not of this world".
    http://beforeitsnews.com/story/284/132/Egyptian_archaeologist_admits_pyramids_contain_UFO_technology.html

I dont know if this is true, or if the guy even exists, but it has gone viral.

If it is true, it would explain why there are pyrimids on mars. The ones that nasa claim are natural formations and tricks of light.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

The exact same quote was also made in 2001. And I still can't find any evidence that the guy exists. It seems like just another hoax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

I've often wondered, "if" ancient astronauts helped to build the pyramids, then why would they do it? Why bother do such a thing for a young society, reliant on hierarchy and slavery, empires, religion and war... And with more to come. Just a rambling thought. Anyway, as you were :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

History Channel aired a documenetary style series about this subject (titled: Ancient Aliens, The Series) recently. I just watched the first episode last night.. it's entertaining and makes you think, but the people giving input are a bit too enthusiastic about the idea, and may be taking a flawed scientific approach to how they carry out their research.

I'd still recomend it to anyone interested in the Ancient Astronaut theory, though

It's available online.. not sure if it's ok to post links so if anyone wants them they can PM me, or just search yizzer selves =p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

ill24.html

More images of people with strange antennae like protuberances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 johnnyvega86

Why must you immediately assume that an alien came light years to Earth to carve a very bad drawing on a rock?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Sure look at our own "janus man" looks like a grey to me....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Why must you immediately assume that an alien came light years to Earth to carve a very bad drawing on a rock?:rolleyes:

why would you assume aliens drew them :rolleyes:

why would you assume aliens drew them :rolleyes:

That's what I asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

If it is true, it would explain why there are pyrimids on mars. The ones that nasa claim are natural formations and tricks of light.

Recent high resolution photo's showed that the ''pyramids'' and the ''face'' we're actually tricks of light. Nothing more than a shadow hiding most of the features.

Then again, it could be a mock by the government to debunk the theory...

That's what I asked.

As far as I can see; you're the only one making the assumption that ancient aliens travelled to earth in order to carve pictures in a rock. How about the possibility that the depictions are man-made? The same way man depicted beasts and other things throughout history.. The question is what are they depictions of?

As far as I can see; you're the only one making the assumption that ancient aliens travelled to earth in order to carve pictures in a rock. How about the possibility that the depictions are man-made? The same way man depicted beasts and other things throughout history.. The question is what are they depictions of?

This is what I posted:
    Originally Posted by johnnyvega86
    Why must you immediately assume that an alien came light years to Earth to carve a very bad drawing on a rock?

I was sarcastically questioning why the posters on this thread would believe that aliens would come so far just to draw such a bad picture.

Now you appear to claiming whoever drew this picture was drawing an alien?:rolleyes:

Do you really think (I'm being sarcastic just so you don't make the same mistake you did the last time) an alien would come all this way just so a human being would make a poor drawing of him?

The picture just looks like a scrawl on a stone.

There is no reason whatsoever to assume it is a drawing of an alien or indeed anything else except a scrawl on a stone.;)

yekahs wrote: »
    Looks a bit like earthworm jim with a helmet on

Earthworm Jim is not an alien, he's an earthworm with special powers, the clue is in the name... The Chinese photo looked more like an insect until someone painted eyes onto it.

This is what I posted:

I was sarcastically questioning why the posters on this thread would believe that aliens would come so far just to draw such a bad picture.

Now you appear to claiming whoever drew this picture was drawing an alien?:rolleyes:

Do you really think (I'm being sarcastic just so you don't make the same mistake you did the last time) an alien would come all this way just so a human being would make a poor drawing of him?

The picture just looks like a scrawl on a stone.

There is no reason whatsoever to assume it is a drawing of an alien or indeed anything else except a scrawl on a stone.;)

I did detect your sarcasm :)

I honestly don't think that anyone on this thread believes or suggested that aliens came here either to just carve a stone or to get some humans to do it for them. There may be a bigger picture which you're missing.. All over the world, megalithic construction occurred on massive scales, despite the apparent lack of technology that the people used to achieve them.

At Pumapunku in Bolivia for example, stone-masonry like the example below are widespread, even though such craftsmanship would be extremely difficult to do today using modern hand-tools.. and this was done at a time when metal tools were apparently non existent.. the people of the day had not even reached the point of discovering the wheel!

Puma-Punku-Stone-Carving_photo_medium.jpg

There are loads of example of similar ancient artifacts which could be seen as evidence for advanced knowledge, at least far more advanced than the people of the day are given credit for.

Maps of Antartica exist which date back to centuries before the technological advancement to draw such maps was first documented. http://www.nymapsociety.org/FEATURES/TRAGER.HTM

If you allow your mind to be open to possibilities which you otherwise find to be far fetched then it's easy to find things which would seem to back alternative theories. It doesn't mean you need to accept anything, but it's no harm to look at what's there from a different viewpoint.

So what about the carvings in the first post? Perhaps they are depictions of beings which shared technology etc with native people, who in turn built societies on what they had learned. I don't believe it myself, because there is no accepted evidence.. but nor would I dismiss the idea completely.

Why would people with the technology to travel light years across space stop at teaching primitive earth types to build pyramids and then simply fcuk off again? Surely they would show them how to build something else? A wheel for instance? Traveling all that way to show someone how to cut stone is a bit much don't you think?

Isn't it more possible that the technology developed here and then was lost?

Why would they allow themselves to be discovered at all in the first place for that matter?

I did detect your sarcasm :)

I honestly don't think that anyone on this thread believes or suggested that aliens came here either to just carve a stone or to get some humans to do it for them. There may be a bigger picture which you're missing.. All over the world, megalithic construction occurred on massive scales, despite the apparent lack of technology that the people used to achieve them.

At Pumapunku in Bolivia for example, stone-masonry like the example below are widespread, even though such craftsmanship would be extremely difficult to do today using modern hand-tools.. and this was done at a time when metal tools were apparently non existent.. the people of the day had not even reached the point of discovering the wheel!

Puma-Punku-Stone-Carving_photo_medium.jpg

There are loads of example of similar ancient artifacts which could be seen as evidence for advanced knowledge, at least far more advanced than the people of the day are given credit for.

Maps of Antartica exist which date back to centuries before the technological advancement to draw such maps was first documented. http://www.nymapsociety.org/FEATURES/TRAGER.HTM

If you allow your mind to be open to possibilities which you otherwise find to be far fetched then it's easy to find things which would seem to back alternative theories. It doesn't mean you need to accept anything, but it's no harm to look at what's there from a different viewpoint.

So what about the carvings in the first post? Perhaps they are depictions of beings which shared technology etc with native people, who in turn built societies on what they had learned. I don't believe it myself, because there is no accepted evidence.. but nor would I dismiss the idea completely.

So all these people only learned how to use stone?

Did the aliens make their spaceships out of stone too?:)

You don't think people got the idea of adding and subtracting, long division, using angles and mathematics and engineering because they actually started using their noggins, experimenting and discovering how to do things?

You know people have this great thing called a brain which resides inside their cranium which helps them work complicated things out.

Between 1903 when the first airplane flew and 1969 when man landed on the moon at lot of very smart people worked out a lot of very very complicated stuff without any help from aliens.

So why couldn't people long ago have worked out how to build temples and pyramids by working it out for themselves?

Don't you think that if aliens showed them how to do that they could have shown them a cure for plague, tooth decay, about hygiene, fighting germs, toilets, sewers, water purification, internal combustion engines and powered flight?

But they didn't did they, because there weren't any aliens. That's why.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,230 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Every time this ancient aliens stuff comes up there's always the claim that X is impossible for ancient man therefore it must be aliens.

Here's a guy with not much book learnin a bit of lumber and a pebble and he is moving huge concrete slabs by himself, in his spare time.
    No advanced technology and no aliens.

So which megalithic structures are impossible?

• Advertisement

Don't you think that if aliens showed them how to do that they could have shown them a cure for plague, tooth decay, about hygiene, fighting germs, toilets, sewers, water purification, internal combustion engines and powered flight?

Toilets & sewers - http://www.sewerhistory.org/grfx/wh_region/indus1.htm (2600-1900 BC)

Water treatment - http://www.lenntech.com/history-water-treatment.htm (c. 2000 BC)

Engines - http://www.google.com/search?q=mana+machine&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a#q=manna+machine&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=1cu&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&prmd=ivns&tbs=tl:1&tbo=u&ei=UsgkTdO4KMeShAe6-MmVAg&sa=X&oi=timeline_result&ct=more-results&resnum=18&ved=0CIIBEOgCMBE&fp=bdddfab3d4d782f2 (600 BC)

Flight - http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_7.htm (200 BC)
    So why couldn't people long ago have worked out how to build temples and pyramids by working it out for themselves?

Who said that they couldn't?

Toilets & sewers - http://www.sewerhistory.org/grfx/wh_region/indus1.htm (2600-1900 BC)

The overwhelming majority of people who lived between ancient times and the industrial revolution lived and died much as their ancestors before them had done.

The advances in technology in ancient times were by human beings through their own ingenuity.

There is NO evidence that aliens helped them.

You are clearly implying that aliens showed them.

You are clearly implying that aliens showed them.

No I'm not.. you're clearly showing a narrow-mindedness when it comes to differentiating what is being claimed as fact vs what is being put forward as an alternative theory. I could ask you for proof to back up that they did in fact do it all themselves, but I'm sure I'd be told that that's not how the world works.

I'm not telling anyone what to believe.. all I'm doing is providing reasons for people to look at things in an alternative way.

And which parts of these required the intervention of aliens exactly?
    This isn't exactly proof that engines existed in 600BC. It's a crank theory about the ark of the convenent.
    Again more crank theories based on absolute nonsense.
    You did.
    All over the world, megalithic construction occurred on massive scales, despite the apparent lack of technology that the people used to achieve them.

So what constructions are you referring to and what missing techonolgy is required for the to be built?

King Mob wrote: »
    This isn't exactly proof that engines existed in 600BC. It's a crank theory about the ark of the convenent.

I never said that it was proof.. if it was accepted as evidence however, I doubt the discussion would be taking place here.
    You did.

Bullshit.. show me where I said that!

I never said that it was proof.. if it was accepted as evidence however, I doubt the discussion would be taking place here.
    I wouldn't even call it evidence. People believe and claim a lot on nonsense that isn't true.

Bullshit.. show me where I said that!
    I did show you where you'd said that:
    All over the world, megalithic construction occurred on massive scales, despite the apparent lack of technology that the people used to achieve them.

I wouldn't even call it evidence. People believe and claim a lot on nonsense that isn't true.

I did show you where you'd said that:

Alright yeah.. that totally insinuates that I believe that aliens done it all. /s

Is there an archaeological evidence that ancient civilisations had the know how and capability to shift and lift stones which weighed over 120 tonnes, over large distances, other than the fact that they managed to do it?

Don't try to twist what I have said. My first post regrding any point which I had raised included this line -
    I don't believe it myself, because there is no accepted evidence.. but nor would I dismiss the idea completely

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Every time this ancient aliens stuff comes up there's always the claim that X is impossible for ancient man therefore it must be aliens.

Here's a guy with not much book learnin a bit of lumber and a pebble and he is moving huge concrete slabs by himself, in his spare time.

Fantastic technic no doubt about that. But how in the hell is he or did the lads back in the day get the blocks on top?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I can't like this enough. Not because it's useful in any argument about aliens or stonehenge or anything, just because it's awesome. That guy is a freaking king.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Mr Plough

Figure of a God with a helmet, located at the Anthropological Museum of Mexico City, photo taken by Tatjana Ingold.
    a707d455030e.jpg

Whilst living in Cuenca Ecuador, a man known as Father Carlo Crespi received many gifts from the locals. There are remarkable similarities between these figurines and a modern day space suit. The locals claimed they came from subterranean cave systems in the jungles.
    ab28405d1888.jpg

These clay figures found in Equador also have a remarkable resemblance to space suites. For comparison a real astronaut is seen next to the figure.
    207deeb8124e.jpg
    3c8fbf6ace4e.jpg
    5bbfeeaff0b6.jpg

This highly odd figure which seems to be wearing a suit was found in Kiev and is apparently dated at around 4,000 BC.
    64e8282a4452.jpg
    Located in Iraq, these sculptures seem to have reptilian type heads. Dated from around 5ooo-4000 B.C.
    ba7bb33bd28b.jpg

The "lizard man" engravings.
    01d6994015a3.jpg

Credits to Chaos @ ATS.
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread618259/pg1

Advertisement