Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People cycling around (in the snow)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭futonic

i cycled today and yesterday down along the canal. Probably won't tomorrow though. Cycling home today was really tough. Like cycling through deep sand on the beach

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Agreed, today was slippier than yesterday and I ruined a pair of nice shoes in this shít snow. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Saila wrote: »
    MTB, snow tyres, mountains = bliss :cool:

MPV, winter tyres, mountains, heating on = pure bliss.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

MPV, winter tyres, mountains, heating on = pure bliss.

:D

Getting home safely in my FWD* 1.2L = phew

*thats front wheel drive, not 4 wheel drive

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

irish-stew wrote: »
    Getting home safely in my FWD* 1.2L = phew

*thats front wheel drive, not 4 wheel drive
    My car was surprisingly good in the snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

OisinT wrote: »
    My car was surprisingly good in the snow.

Mines been fine so far, although havn't encountered a huge amount yet. It was parked up for the worst of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I've had zero problems driving around in the snow - I fitted winter tyres on Sunday.

They make a huge difference, especially on icy patches... you'd barely even notice the conditions.

Plus the main roads have been more or less clear today. People still driving at ridiculously slow speeds, though I'm not complaining as it makes it so much easier to overtake them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I got the bike out, got on, slipped on ice, decided to walk instead.

More alarmingly, the sandycove bathers haven't missed a swim at all. I watched people walk barefoot through the snow to go swimming at the 40foot yesterday.

Advertisement