Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mugged with KOL tickets

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭miss-bored

00112984 wrote: »
    Hey OP, delighted you got sorted and I hope you enjoy the concert. Just wanted to say that I was a bit surprised at how much you carry in your handbag. I live in Dublin City Centre and always have a handbag with me but they're so easy to snatch you really should try and reduce the amount of stuff you have on you. A decent bag of make-up and good sunglasses alone could cost a couple of hundred to replace let alone jewellery and I bet you lost loads of photos with the camera :( I'd also suggest getting your apartment lock changed even if there's only the slimmest of chances that anything in your bag contained your name or address.

Anyway, glad you got the tickets reissued.

Suppose they got me on a good day! It was Friday and I was heading down home after work.

- I had developed and enlarged a few pictures from my camera that day (Xmas Presents) so I had my camera in my bag, I was also giving my sister the KOL tickets that evening for her 30th.

I'm almost 100% sure I didn’t have my address in my bag but with my cards and ID’s, I was scared they might track it down. I wanted to be 100% sure they couldn’t get it so I changed locks of apartment yesterday.

I have a handbag with me today for the 1st time since Friday and I am carrying very little in it. He really did catch me on a good day.

The more I think about Ticketmaster the more annoyed I get. I informed them that my tickets were stolen, I told them I could give them a police report, I emailed them on the proof of purchase – surely that was enough for them to cancel these serial numbers. But they refused. I emailed O2, MCD and loads of others and It seems like O2 or MCD had to contact Ticketmaster to ask them to do re-issue the tickets.

The person who buys these will lose out but he/she will never buy from a tout again. This is what we should be trying to achieve. If they would cancel and re-issue all lost or stolen tickets people wouldn’t buy from these people. Or even less people would buy from them making the tout business less profitable and less easy. Ticketmaster should be doing this without such hassle. I don’t understand why they can be so unhelpful after all the money we spend buying tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

miss-bored wrote: »
    If they would cancel and re-issue all lost or stolen tickets people wouldn’t buy from these people.

Unfortunately most touted tickets aren't stolen but are bought legitimately through ticketmaster. Surprisingly enough no matter how quick a gig sells out the touts always get their regular supply.

Obviously somebody somewhere makes a bit of cash on the side making sure that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

miss-bored wrote: »
    Thanks to all for the help, Ticketmaster phoned me saying the venue contacted them about my case and 4 tickets will be waiting for me in the box office on the night of gig, they say when my old ones are scanned they will be useless! Serial numbers have been cancelled, very happy but don't understand why they told me it wasn't possible in the beginning!
    Thanks to all at least that's sorted!

SOBs something similar happened to me about 3 years back. I hounded them and they never re-issued for me. I'll know if anything ever happens again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Sorry to hear about your bag being snatched OP , it's not lost on the scummers that people are carrying more cash and cards around in handbags this time of year to ,glad to hear it's all being sorted with the tickets .

Be on your guard with your bags and wallets folks ...

I had tickets stolen for Santana a while back. Phoned up ticketmaster and arranged that my Dad (who the tickets were for) could pick them up at the box office as long as he produced the original credit card they were bought with. It took a couple of days to sort this with ticketmaster but it can be done.

These were tickets I printed off though, they weren't sent out to me so maybe it differs that way somehow

• Advertisement
Advertisement