Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahern, A dó, A flee

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭High energy

Good riddance.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

A loathsome right-wing little bully, and apparently homophobic too.

If any of this arthritis stuff is true, i can't say i feel in the least bit sorry for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Just when you think FF were getting worse, this toe rag legs it.

Painful medical condition? Did his fat wallet give him a bad back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Gerry.L

A page or two ago someone said all he really did was the blasphemy bill. Dont forget the hassle he put us all through over our gun licenses :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

And wasnt it him who banned those samurai swords...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Duggy747 wrote: »
    He should have his pension shoved up his arse.

And would that still be considered legal tender? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/1201/1224284485935.html

Ching! Ching! Ching!

Last night on the news he said he didn't enter politics for the money.

Though he never denied leaving politics for the money. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Just when you think FF were getting worse, this toe rag legs it.

No I always think they can get worse. It's the only aspect of faith I have in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I can't see any of the current cabinet ministers staying around to rot away in opposition.

That is, if any of the f**kers manage to hold on to their seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Gerry.L wrote: »
    And wasnt it him who banned those samurai swords...

In fairness that was probably a good thing. The only people I've ever met in this country with samurai swords are the kind of people who shouldn't have samurai swords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

bonerm wrote: »
    In fairness that was probably a good thing. The only people I've ever met in this country with samurai swords are the kind of people who shouldn't have samurai swords.

i have samurai swords, but i have them nicely mounted on a wall. none of them ever get taken down. purely for decoration purposes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Best news I've heard in ages to learn of the end of that incompetent, homophobic gob****e. Hopefully his medical conditions means he won't become too much of a tax burnen on the rest of us.

Speaking of tax burden:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/1201/1224284485935.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

k_mac wrote: »
    I love the Irish mentality. People call for government resignations and then when they get them it suddenly becomes time to insult them for running away.

Perhaps paying €320k for a cantankerous culchie who did little or nothing of note during his tenure in government is reason enough to criticise. Whether he resigns or not isnt the important thing, surely it's the fact that he's going.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Agreed, very good. I might have gone for "dough" instead of "dó" considering Ahern is clearly taking the money and running.

Hah, that would have been good!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Good riddance.

He can shove his blasphemy law up his hole.

Actually, he can shove it up the pope's hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

Dermot Ahern wont be missed. Another useless pr**k out of the way. His huge pension and lump sum payment shows nothing has changed with this rotten government. I see no hope for this country as things stand. :(

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Right I can safely say if that tool gets a full pension I wish him nothing but a slow death!

edit: too harsh but im pissed off over this it is despotic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Zebra3 wrote: »
    I hope he enjoys his retirement with all those huge pensions he'll be getting while people are being kicked out of their homes and others are going without food so their kids can eat.

A great little nation.

I hope he gets thrown out of the house by his Mrs and has to apply for access to see his kids. Maybe then he won't be so quick to sh!t all over separated fathers' rights in this country.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

EnterNow wrote: »
    An Ahern leaving government? Uh oh....

Pension reason without a doubt.
    Can someone post up the figures

IIRC on his pensions he'll be getting something €128K a year and lump sum of 1.5 times his highest wage

IF he got re-elected he'd only get about €92K a year, and possibly new terms and conditions

There will probably be about 10% of all TD's not re-contesting , some are very old , but a good few will be retiring far earlier than the new retirement age that a lot of us will have to look forward to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

****ing cock.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

As with every FF TD to be within 5 feet of Haughey, I'm certainly glad to see him go however some of the abuse is a little silly. Sure he's leaving now to get a larger pension as a Minister rather than a TD in opposition however people seem to forget that it will be tied to the current public service pay so if that gets cut then his pension will be cut too.

The homophobic comments are odd too, I'm aware of his comments during the early 90s when homosexuality was decriminalised but didn't he also push through the Civil Partnership Bill?

All that aside, hopefully this issue will call into question why retiring Ministers get two state pensions, one for being a TD and one for being a Minister, surely they should only get the higher one? Not to mention, the fact that it applies irrespective of years of service but that's another issue. Hopefully this will be something the new FG/Labour government addresses but I'm not going to hold my breath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

This news makes me laugh hysterically, crying tears of despair.......

Ahern : gets a huge pay off and pension.

Average Joe : gets some cheese.

Its wrong , so very wrong :mad:

Advertisement