Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm - Error 61 - Battery

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

KoolKid wrote: »
    Did you remove any of the links on the panel when you were replacing the battery?
    0001 is the factory link at the left hand side 0002 is the battery link on the right.

Just checked that link and its ok.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If its still showing 0001 then remove the link and tighten it slightly with a pliers. Also power down the system and power back up to eliminate a software issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Hi,

Sorry to hijack this thread! Is there any way to get the engineer code? I understand there is a default code but if that was changed, can I find out the new one? I'm pretty sure I'm going to need it, I took off the front panel and bamb, alarm went off!

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Hi,

Sorry to hijack this thread! Is there any way to get the engineer code? I understand there is a default code but if that was changed, can I find out the new one? I'm pretty sure I'm going to need it, I took off the front panel and bamb, alarm went off!

Cheers.

Factory code is 1174. If that doesn't work then the installer changed it. I would chance your arm and get them a call and ask for it. You could always restore it to factory settings and reprogramme it.

Factory code is 1174. If that doesn't work then the installer changed it. I would chance your arm and get them a call and ask for it. You could always restore it to factory settings and reprogramme it.

Thanks, ill try that. I'm getting "Fault 61, Call Engineer, Battery". No chance ill be able to get someone out, funds are non existent so ill have to try myself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Replacing the battery will clear the fault.
    This is the battery you need.
    98-138-thickbox.jpg

Thanks Koolkid.

Like you, I had the same message as you with "Batt" flashing.

I replaced the battery in my Astec 63DV alarm last night but I was talked through it by "Altor" from this forum and with his help, it was pretty straight forward to do.

First off, turn off the power to the alarm box - you'll know its off as the orange light will go out.

Turn the two plastic screws in the top panel horizontal and take off the top plastic cover. Unscrew the two screws in the bottom plastic cover. There is another screw in the top left of this cover under a label with "Warranty void if removed". Unscrew this screw as well and remove the bottom cover.

You will now see the circuit board. Remove the two plastic fobs on top, one on the right for "battery" and one on the left for "set up" (I think). There are two screws in the circuit board, one in the middle and one to the right. Unscrew these and the circuit board can be moved out of the way to access the battery. Take out the battery and pull off the leads. Put in the new battery and reverse the procedure as above.

You'll need the engineer code to do this which is 4711 (unless its been changed).

Like I said, it was easy enough to do but I was talked through it by a guy who knew what he was doing so perhaps give Altor a call (check Altor.ie) or pm him on Boards. Very helpful and friendly guy.

Hi guys,

Please forgive me, this may be a silly question, but at what point do you need to input the engineer code? I'm going to attempt this procedure tomorrow.

Cheers.

You enter the engineer code before doing anything.
    You do not need the engineer code when changing the battery like this.
    The external bell will still activate when the mains power is removed anyway.

Just wanna thank you guys, worked like a charm. I appriceate the help. Got battery in Radionics and installed it as per your advice.

• Advertisement

Glad you got sorted. Everything work out OK?

Glad you got sorted. Everything work out OK?

Yep error message went the second the mains went back on. I dident need the engineer code. All seems fine now! Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

I had and engineer out to get my system back up after several months of the power disconnected by former tennant.

He replaced the battery yesterday but i now have an error 61 and battery flashing.
    Does it take time to charge or should it work straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

preddy wrote: »
    I had and engineer out to get my system back up after several months of the power disconnected by former tennant.

He replaced the battery yesterday but i now have an error 61 and battery flashing.
    Does it take time to charge or should it work straight away?

It should work straight away. Did he put the battery link back on?

altor wrote: »
    It should work straight away. Did he put the battery link back on?

I would hope so, can i clear the alert on the panel?

Get him back. He should not have left with that on the screen.:eek::confused: Its not an alert that has to be cleared, the panel is more than likely not seeing the battery connected. Turn off the mains power & see what happens.

The battery warning appears to be gone just 61 fault on the screen call engineer

The battery warning appears to be gone just 61 fault on the screen call engineer

Call engineer 61 relates to the battery.

The battery connection may have come loose, the battery may be faulty or else he may not have connected the battery link.
    Either way i would request he come back to have a look at it for you.

216415.PNG

After you get him to sort this I would recommend you get yourself a more experienced and reliable engineer to look after your alarm. How he could just walk out with your money knowing the fault is still there is just beyond belief.

I have him sending out a different guy today.
    Is there a diagram of the battery link?

• Advertisement

I'll send you the manual later . It's the small black link to the far right of the board.

Tis grand other guy knew what he was doing and connected the link, then error 22 came up but he resolved that.
    All good now i hope
    Thanks guys!

Tis grand other guy knew what he was doing and connected the link, then error 22 came up but he resolved that.
    All good now i hope
    Thanks guys!

The funny thing is he still would of had the battery fault if he did not connect the link. Good to see you got it sorted in the end..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

hey guys just wondering can anyone tell me where i can get a astec battery or who i can ring to get this fixed..few problems with alarm at mo..also box in main hall is making a ticking sound all night:( thanks live in clane :)

redarmy wrote: »
    hey guys just wondering can anyone tell me where i can get a astec battery or who i can ring to get this fixed..few problems with alarm at mo..also box in main hall is making a ticking sound all night:( thanks live in clane :)

Any of the suppliers here should have one. It is a 12V 2.1ah battery you need.
    What type of ticking is it?

The ticking is probably the internal . It's caused by the low battery. Replacing it should solve all your problems.

I got my battery in Radionics in Rialto.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Alrite Chief

Hi guys. What does error 22 relate to? Cannot get mine to reset having changed the battery. Cheers in advance.

It's the internal or external bell disconnected. What displays on the keypad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Alrite Chief

It's the internal or external bell disconnected. What displays on the keypad.
    It just displayed 22 call engineer. I would go to it with my code and it came the number on large on the left of the screen then on the right 5 Ab fault. I just pressed clear then and put in 1174 the engineers code and 0001 was displayed.

Iv now disconnected everything and reconnected it and the internal sounder went off but could not stop it when i entered my code. I needed to refer to the manual to get the factory code 4711 to make it stop.

Help???

Advertisement