Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leslie Neilsen of Naked Gun fame RIP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

This should be pinned for a week. The man is a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Ironically I watched Airplane last night! :eek:

Me too. Was that you outside my window with the night vision goggles?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

i felt genuinely sad to here this r.i.p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

RIP Leslie.

The best closing credits to any program ever.

Love the endings! I really like the one where the criminal takes the opportunity to escape while the end credits roll, and the one where someone's pouring a cup of coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

apologies if this has been posted already, but its an all time classic line....

RIP Leslie;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

I grew up on the Naked Gun movies and Airplane, I remember passing him by on North Earl St when I was a kid and he was in town to do Kenny Live or something. A wonderful comedy actor who I could enjoy even in some of the poorer films he was in (and he was in some very poor ones!). He'll be very much missed but never forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

Someone said it earlier, it is like losing a link to my childhood. An absolute hero of a comic, pretty much everything he did was hilarious.

Loved this scene:

Frank: That's the red-light district. I wonder why Savage is hanging around down there.

Ed: Sex, Frank?

Frank: Uh, no, not right now, Ed. We've got work to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

One of my favourite comic actors. Absolutely love the Naked Gun movies & Airplane. He was so good at one liners, I can only imagine how many re-takes were needed making those movies with people just cracking up while Leslie kept a straight face. Airplane! has actually just started on Sky modern for anyone who wants to watch it!

RIP Leslie

The truth hurts doesn't it, Hapsburg? Oh, sure maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts!

RIP :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Another light in the entertainment industry extinguished. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Police Squad was miles ahead of its time

His films are comedy gold

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

Absolute tragedy RIP

Brilliant comedy actor loved everything he did from Airplane! to Spy Hard!!

'This women needs to be brought to a hospital'

'Hospital?what is it?'

'Its a building where patients are but thats not important right now'

Genuis!!RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

RIP Leslie.

Basically grew up on this guy, I must all the Naked Gun films again.

Love that line "Nice Beaver!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

"Thanks... I just had it stuffed."

Loved him. Police Squad never fails to crack me up. The way he stayed in uber serious Shakespearean mode even after making the foray into comedy was a stroke of genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Only heard about this on the nine o'clock news.
    Can't believe it! He was one of the few comic actors I never get bored of watching.

R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭LimerickDan

He must have ate the fish.

Funny but a little soon. The man isn't buried yet. Still I liked it.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Probably not worth an AH thread but I just found out Irvin Kirchner (director of The Empire Strikes Back) also died a couple of days ago.

RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

:(

a true legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Ah Leslie Nielsen, so good he even made some of the Scary Movie scenes funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The guy had incredible comic timing, and like Dudess mentioned it was his oh so serious way of saying the most ludicrous things that made them even funnier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I thought all of his stuff was great. Anyone see Dracula: Dead and Loving It? I pissed myself years ago watching it. Such a pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

RIP :(

One of my favourite quotes of his that me and my brothers use a lot

"i've been swimming in raw sewage. I love it" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

I'm still waiting for the "a thousand lesser known comic actors died today and i don't see anyone making a thread about them" post.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I'm still waiting for the "a thousand lesser known comic actors died today and i don't see anyone making a thread about them" post.

Theyre not as funny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Usually never post in these RIP threads either but RIP Leslie Nielsen, you were one of the greats.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

He always took a little fart noise maker with him
    when he did interviews:)
    I remember him doing it to Ryan Tubridy a few years back, he was very unimpressed-humourless little freak.
    RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

He always took a little fart noise maker with him
    when he did interviews:)
    I remember him doing it to Ryan Tubridy a few years back, he was very unimpressed-humourless little freak.
    RIP.

He was brutal for it, even when producers would tell him to stop it he'd still pop one out :pac:

He was always known to be a chronic prankster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Watched Naked Gun last night. Hadn't seen it in ages. One scene sent me into hysterics.

Can't find it on YouTube but it's when he's at the dock trying to find out information.

EDIT: Found it.

Advertisement