Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Few Flakes now in Clondalkin:D:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

nothing yet in dun laoghaire
    there's a whole heap of snow forecast for tuesday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mollzer

Heavy shower here in North Cavan!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Saysha

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

Slide the bar to Tuesday at 12 o' clock midday. Is it possible we will really see that much snow??? If indeed that precipitation is snow and not rain...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Cork Airport is expecting snow showers between now and 4am according to their short-term forecast. Whether this band extends as far north as the city is still up for discussion, but I fancy it'll hang back a bit south of the city itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

I'm waiting for my grandson to be born! Son and wife in delivery ward in Holles Street as I write. Born during the big freeze of 2010!!!! Name suggestions??:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

mothel wrote: »
    I'm waiting for my grandson to be born! Son and wife in delivery ward in Holles Street as I write. Born during the big freeze of 2010!!!! Name suggestions??:D

Mr Freeze

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

Philip(s) make great freezers and nice name too - congrats - hope it all goes well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Jack (Frost)! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

ah cloud broke up before it hit navan as usual it was under 15min away!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭linguist

Stopping now here in Donabate but that was definitely better than expected. Here's hoping there's a lot more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭dublinbusdude

Samuel?

And Dublin 98fm has said its -8c

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Snowing in Swords now, light enough but steady...:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

Saysha wrote: »

Slide the bar to Tuesday at 12 o' clock midday. Is it possible we will really see that much snow??? If indeed that precipitation is snow and not rain...

i was looking at that today and if it turns out to be snow it will be brilliant for the east and south east coast but with things changing it might not become much

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Still nothing in Waterford, temp guage in car is reading -8c but yet very little frost on windscreen of the car in drive.

Are you serious?
    Waterford is covered , the amount of abandoned cars around is crazy...

We can't get out of the estate at the moment the roads are so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

never mind that, it's looking like cork will get some action monday night

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

First few flakes in North Co Dublin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Light snow here in Dublin 2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    never mind that, it's looking like cork will get some action monday night

I need it tonight.Anyone,will it snow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Flakes in d15 now. Very very light.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rsom

And bloody hell, look at the temps in the Dublin/Wicklow area for 6am Friday:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

i might as well join in.... fe flakes dropping in Glasnevin/Phibsboro now, maybe the start of something!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Sneachta:D

Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

Samuel?

And Dublin 98fm has said its -8c

Samuel? nice name but what's the connection to big freeze??

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭TheMutations

titan18 wrote: »

Looks likely. The radar already has it as far as Carrigtohill. Could be up to 4 hours of the stuff. Fingers crossed.

titan18 wrote: »

well i would love it tonight as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

empirix wrote: »
    i might as well join in.... fe flakes dropping in Glasnevin/Phibsboro now, maybe the start of something!!!!!

Argh... I'm just up the road, on border of Cabra and Finglas and nary a flake of fresh snow to be seen! *jealous*

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

when I looked out about 10 mins ago there was a nice quantity of snow falling here in Swords. Too cold to get back out of bed to look again.

• Advertisement

Looks likely. The radar already has it as far as Carrigtohill. Could be up to 4 hours of the stuff. Fingers crossed.

gah:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement