Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would happen if everyone signed on the doll Monday?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

gatecrash wrote: »
    if we were using pencils would the doll get lead poisoning??

The doll's health will not be affected, as most pencils these days are made with graphite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Pookah wrote: »
    The doll's health will not be affected, as most pencils these days are made with graphite.

Well once the doll isn't in any danger, count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Once it's not one of them dolls that goes for a piss!
    It'd wipe the signatures away.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Once it's not one of them dolls that goes for a piss!
    It'd wipe the signatures away.

MissyP!ssy :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Is this your monthly shíte talk entry?

No Sir ,indeed it is not.

However, despite the fact that there are a lot of totally genuine job-seekers out there, are you telling me Sir, that there isn't quite a rump of people who use the dole system long term, and do odd stuff on the side.

Do you seriously not think there is reasonably widespread misuse and abuse of the welfare system?

Those are the people I refer to, and cracking down on them frees up more resources for the genuine person who is seeking work.

I have no difficulty helping those people, but helping people who make a career out of welfare misuse and black economy,no way Sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,958 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

However, despite the fact that there are a lot of totally genuine job-seekers out there, are you telling me Sir, that there isn't quite a rump of people who use the dole system long term, and do odd stuff on the side.

Do you seriously not think there is reasonably widespread misuse and abuse of the welfare system?

Those are the people I refer to, and cracking down on them frees up more resources for the genuine person who is seeking work.

I have no difficulty helping those people, but helping people who make a career out of welfare misuse and black economy,no way Sir.

With all due respect, your OP certainly did not make any allowance for those genuinely caught in the social welfare trap. In fact your post seemed to hint at a very limited and simplistic solution.

To many people appear to have a very narrow minded view on what is actually going on in the real world.

Certainly everyone suddenly signing on the dole is not the answer and I do agree there are abuses, all i suggest is a little more objectivity. I more annoyed at this nonsensical approach suggesting one solution is to force dole recipients onto courses when it is clear FAS is not fit for purpose and the government seem incapable of offering a coherent and sensible approach to getting people back to work.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Doublin

Do you realise you will now have to help the top tier in this country & the EU get out of the mess they (largely) made and keep them in the lifestyle to which they are accustumed to. To do this you must suffer financial hardship. Does this not bother you?

People throughout history who have been robbed by their 'leaders' (e.g Communist Eastern Europe, USSR) have used the black market to provide for themselves and theirs, so they do not go hungry while the fat cats get fatter. If makes sense to use the resources you have in the best possible way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

4 words....

Yes.....!

Sign that....!

Next.... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Dempo1 wrote: »
    With all due respect, your OP certainly did not make any allowance for those genuinely caught in the social welfare trap. In fact your post seemed to hint at a very limited and simplistic solution.

To many people appear to have a very narrow minded view on what is actually going on in the real world.

Certainly everyone suddenly signing on the dole is not the answer and I do agree there are abuses, all i suggest is a little more objectivity. I more annoyed at this nonsensical approach suggesting one solution is to force dole recipients onto courses when it is clear FAS is not fit for purpose and the government seem incapable of offering a coherent and sensible approach to getting people back to work.

I'm afraid I cannot agree with you there.

What I referred to was those who misused the system.

If you inferred that by that, I encompassed everyone on the dole, well I did not.

I would put it out that there are a lot of people genuinely seeking work,and of course they should get every help,but,and it's a big 'but' there are quite a good number of people who are in no way looking for work or even more important, make no effort to help themselves, none at all.

These are the people who should be targeted to help them get back into the workforce and cut the number of career welfare recipients.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

Mark200 wrote: »
    Well if I was in Government at the moment and some union guys said that to me, the first thing I'd say would be "If you strike then we're no longer abiding by the Croke Park agreement".

Remind me not to vote for you so :)

And what then?
    Should we all crawl away?
    Most of us learned basic Irish history in school. Do you remember reading about the lock outs?
    Who won then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Alas none of us can afford the doll itself :(..Damm so close :P

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

Soby wrote: »
    Alas none of us can afford the doll itself :(..Damm so close :P

We could err emm get a loan,

I hear the banks are going to be flooded with cash,

celtic tiger the sequel??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

clived2 wrote: »
    We could err emm get a loan,

I hear the banks are going to be flooded with cash,

celtic tiger the sequel??

Celtic Leper

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

ya know,i wonder if anyone would auction for a book signed by everyone in ireland...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

What would happen if all the wasters and liggards who dole scrounge, whilst doing 'odd-jobs' on the side were forced to look for work and actually attend courses and interviews.?

there's one for ya:rolleyes:

Look for work? Where have you been the last 2 years?
    I've been looking for work for the past 5 months non stop and I can't even find anything part time.
    Courses? Yeah because we all know there are courses everywhere with plenty of vacancies. Tried searching for a few myself. 90% are full or require an obscene amount of fee's and the other 10% are foreign language courses (no thanks I don't need to learn Russian)

Maybe you can get off your high horse and realise that people have bills to pay and are actually trying to find work.

I hate the type of people who think everyone on the dole are just riding the system. Its a dumb stereotype that was invented by people who have their heads so far up their own arses they can't even smell their own bullsh!t anymore.

/Rant

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Look for work? Where have you been the last 2 years?
    I've been looking for work for the past 5 months non stop and I can't even find anything part time.
    Courses? Yeah because we all know there are courses everywhere with plenty of vacancies. Tried searching for a few myself. 90% are full or require an obscene amount of fee's and the other 10% are foreign language courses (no thanks I don't need to learn Russian)

Maybe you can get off your high horse and realise that people have bills to pay and are actually trying to find work.

I hate the type of people who think everyone on the dole are just riding the system. Its a dumb stereotype that was invented by people who have their heads so far up their own arses they can't even smell their own bullsh!t anymore.

/Rant

Well done, I have already offered my lecture! time these narrow minded people realised what is going on in the real world! Chin up, as i always say, it can't get any worse? can it? O ****, just remembered our wonder governments ansewer to all out problems! Hammer the worst off in society!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Well done, I have already offered my lecture! time these narrow minded people realised what is going on in the real world! Chin up, as i always say, it can't get any worse? can it? O ****, just remembered our wonder governments ansewer to all out problems! Hammer the worst off in society!

Sorry I know I was basically just repeating what he has already heard but I couldn't resist :D

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Sorry I know I was basically just repeating what he has already heard but I couldn't resist :D

Jeez no need to apologize, i am also sick of these arguments blaming people on the dole for the countries woes. I do accept there are abuses but people need to understand there are almost 300k newly unemployed since this economic crisis started, most of these had worked hard for many years, made commitments, had families and had hoped for a better future and the very least deserve a little respect and not to be categorized in such an offensive manner.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Did you hear the one about our smart, young, educated workforce?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭GSV

They freak me out. The way their eyes follow you around the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

krudler wrote: »
    would need to be a pretty big doll..

It's just too easy Krudler. :D
    What is it with these ridiculous thread titles lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

All a bit too much effort really. Could you make a facebook page for the doll perhaps? Then I'll 'like' it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

chem wrote: »
    I can tell you as a fact, that the government has bought tear gas as it expects that the Gardai will have to use it.:(

Pity that the state isn't as foresighted with regard to snowfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Are you his bítch or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

"What do we want?"
    "General strike"
    That was the call from the crowd when David Begg was on stage

I wonder if the unions have enough money set aside for strike pay though

More than likely not. They were buried to the nuts in Anglo and such like too. Unions in Ireland are merely overpaid rabble pacifiers operating at the beck and call of fianna fail.

If people pulled out of the unions en masse you'd make more of a difference. The unions are equally culpable in this mess. Only too happy to cosy up to Bertie et al in good times.

Advertisement