Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-Union and Government protest. 8/1/11 Dáil.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

No.
    Terry wrote: »
    Will you be there?

I propose a march from O'Connell street in Dublin to Leinster House on Saturday the 8th of January 2011.
    This will be a march against the Unions who are blocking the proposed bailout and the government who will have approved the bailout by the 8th.

This will be a march to ask for complete honesty from all unions and political parties, and to ensure that the majority of people in this country are told the entire truth by all special interest groups.

Are you with me?

throw rte into the mix and you have a deal

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The bailout is going to happen.
    I'm suggesting a march against those who caused the collapse.

I propose a march for every single person in Ireland who does not belong to a special interest group. For the students, for the Private sector and public sector workers who are threatened with unemployment.
    For everyone who who normally goes about their daily business, but is aware that the government and the unions are screwing everyone over.

Cue the piss taking. I'll then quote this thread in two years time and tell you all to GTFO when you want to protest against the next fúck up.

This is a protest march for the everyman which should happen before the next election.

Will there be molotov cocktails?
    I think anything less is pointless at this late stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

My detector isn't powerful enough to tell when you're being sarcastic :o

Others have been makign the same mistake - I'm beginning to think that problem might be me!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,978 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

WHAT DO WE WANT?

Dunno

WHEN DO WE WANT IT?

NOW!

ejmaztec wrote: »
    WHAT DO WE WANT?

<silence>

WHEN DO WE WANT IT?

<cue tumbleweed...>

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

No.
    Yes, let's march, there's also 1 on budget day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

No.
    Will you be there?

I propose a march from O'Connell street in Dublin to Leinster House on Saturday the 8th of January 2011.
    This will be a march against the Unions who are blocking the proposed bailout and the government who will have approved the bailout by the 8th.

This will be a march to ask for complete honesty from all unions and political parties, and to ensure that the majority of people in this country are told the entire truth by all special interest groups.

Are you with me?

Ya know what would be a good idea Terry? Start up our own union, for people in the private sector, a proper union with decent people in it and shame these f*ckers into being more efficient and less selfish. Turn up in the partnership talks and SHAME these people into improving their workplaces and returning MEASURABLE efficiencies...

What is needed is a new input into partnership to balance the whole thing out, the majority of people in this country have no say whatsoever into this social process called partnership, then we are all surprised when the thing turns into a gravy train and the wheels come off the thing?!?

Me BOLL*X, we should be in there keeping it real, that's what I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'd go but I think i'd just be giving you a platform to get naked in public again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭themadhair

Well are you good at advertising? I mean I really doubt that a bunch of internet keyboard warriors are actually going to get off their behind and march.
    Two words - project chanology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

I don't care.
    What do you mean march against the unions, what are they standing in the way of right now?

Their members have taken avg paycuts of 15% and they are going along with staff reductions (which means increase of work load) and recruitment embargos. They will also be subject to the same tax, prsi, vat, property tax, water charges as everyone else.

It sounds to me you just don't know what to march against!! you will be able to vote against the government in a few weeks anyway.

Thats just what the ruling classes will be glad to see.... the ordinary people running about like headless chickens not knowing who to blame and turning on each other. Poor suggestion imo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I don't care.
    What would be the point of marching on the 8th? By then the deal with the IMF will be done and dusted and the budget will be out (that's due the 7th isn't it?). It will be too late to do anything :confused:.

Unless your sole aim is to have a whinge I don't really see what the point of this proposed protest is?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Unless your sole aim is to have a whinge I don't really see what the point of this proposed protest is?

That's pretty much what all protesting boils down to.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I don't care.
    Well, no. Most protests are organised to protest against something specific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Walking from Dublin to Leinster is way too much.

Derp.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,978 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

sollar wrote: »
    What do you mean march against the unions, what are they standing in the way of right now?

Their members have taken avg paycuts of 15% and they are going along with staff reductions (which means increase of work load) and recruitment embargos. They will also be subject to the same tax, prsi, vat, property tax, water charges as everyone else.

It sounds to me you just don't know what to march against!! you will be able to vote against the government in a few weeks anyway.

Thats just what the ruling classes will be glad to see.... the ordinary people running about like headless chickens not knowing who to blame and turning on each other. Poor suggestion imo.

Would you be referring to the clueless overpaid suited boggers, who were voted in by some other clueless boggers?

That's pretty much what all protesting boils down to.

So I assume, once again, that you are perfectly happy with the situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭themadhair

Well, no. Most protests are organised to protest against something specific.
    John Stewart might take issue with you on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

No.
    I will not be attending, but I say down with the Unions. They have proven to be just as corrupt as those who are currently in power.

They sit members in interest groups and put them in positions of power simply to assert their influence in areas that they have no business being in.

Advertisement