Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A mobile phone licence ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

If you tax air and tax farts....then if somebody in your presence farts you are surely eligible for a partial rebate on your air tax? Would that be at the standard rate or the high rate of tax? would you get a rebate on levys as well? Would you get any additional tax relief in the event of a follow-through?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

We all know the goverment need to come up with extra taxes so what about a mobile phone licence ? Like the tv licence everybody who owns a mobile phone would have to buy an annual licence for it. maybe €25 per year? I think it would be a good idea and pretty painless.

woman, know your limits!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

yeah lets tax everything

INSTEAD

we are already paying twice the EU average for mobile phones, so instead lets cap the call charges as they are and force the phone companies to had over the excess profits compared to what they make in other countries

Same for car insurance and all the other stuff we pay through the nose for

Don't increase the cost to the customer , just take divert the the overcharging to the public coffers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Yeah, I think we should also have a being alive tax

AKA carbon tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭cml387

Wait wait

I've got a BRILLIANT idea,

Tax text messages,but tax on the basis of all the letters that are left out at 1 cent.

E.G.

LOL CU NXT WK

Laugh out you see you next week.

That's a lot of cents (work out yourself).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pmcl1969

We all know the goverment need to come up with extra taxes so what about a mobile phone licence ? Like the tv licence everybody who owns a mobile phone would have to buy an annual licence for it. maybe €25 per year? I think it would be a good idea and pretty painless.

We're already being overcharged for our mobiles, and you want a licence to use one too? Cop on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Fuck off. Just fuck off with your shitty idea and shove it up your hole. I think that would be a good idea and pretty goddamn painful.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

donmeister wrote: »
    Fuck off. Just fuck off with your shitty idea and shove it up your hole. I think that would be a good idea and pretty goddamn painful.
    Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Which Fianna Fail politician are you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Which Fianna Fail politician are you?
    All of them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Saila wrote: »
    Air tax, cant believe no one has thought of this one :confused:

Yeah and a water charge too . . .,
    oh wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

How about a fcukin eejit tax aimed directly at you for having such a ridiculous idea?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I'd contribute towards a get the boat tax if you're on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Big Steve wrote: »
    How about a fcukin eejit tax aimed directly at you for having such a ridiculous idea?:mad:

Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

super-rush wrote: »
    We'd all end up using CB radios.

"hello is that domino's....over"

"I'd like to place an order for delivery.....over"

"Do you read me....over"

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

Saila wrote: »
    Air tax, cant believe no one has thought of this one :confused:

There already is one. All radio spectrum is regulated/licensed in Ireland.

Some for free and open use. Most is charged.

Some of this covers 'mobile phone spectrum'. So there is already a mobile phone license paid by the mobile operators and therefore paid by the end user.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭smodgley

instead of another tax just cap the TD'S wages at lets say 30,000 and cut their expences altogether, no free cars let the shaggers live in the real world

smodgley wrote: »
    instead of another tax just cap the TD'S wages at lets say 30,000 and cut their expences altogether, no free cars let the shaggers live in the real world

Would you take a 30K salary to do what they do?

30000 yes i would, and id do it without making a complete mess of things

30000 yes i would, and id do it without making a complete mess of things

What, exactly, is stopping you then?

Excepting punctuation and grammar of course.

• Advertisement

ohgoodlordthegrammerpoliceareout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

colm1234 wrote: »
    I think we have enough tax as it is sure ya get taxed on your wage then on everything you buy how about a tax every time you fart or tax on air

I have no intention of paying a tax on air if some b*****d is after farting in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

Thats what they used to get paid, then it was realised that there was rampant backhanders because of the low level of wages they were paid so to stamp it out they upped the slary. It stopped the backhanders, not so sure about it stopping the corruption though...........................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I would like to propose a €10 tax on mobile phone sales.
    Also a €0.01 cent tax on every 10 text messages sent.

Should bring in a nice sum without anyone realising.
    I don't see the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

SV wrote: »

I don't see the problem.

Lol, you've obviously never dealt with someone regarding complaining about a mobile phone bill then, I've seen people ring in because of being overcharged 5c on a call.
    we're already paying more than we should be for mobiles and tariffs, why do you think its a good idea to pay even more for no reason?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭WildBoots

I hope you never find yourself in a position where the slightest hint of intellect is needed.

krudler wrote: »
    Lol, you've obviously never dealt with someone regarding complaining about a mobile phone bill then, I've seen people ring in because of being overcharged 5c on a call.
    we're already paying more than we should be for mobiles and tariffs, why do you think its a good idea to pay even more for no reason?

To raise revenue.
    That's why I think it's a good idea.

The tax would be included in the 'plan' if on bill pay and if on pay as you go, well they don't get a bill so probably wouldn't notice it.
    However they would be well informed about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭WildBoots

I don't see the problem.

One born every day.

Reason for comment

(1) Because you are a **** stain

(2) Because you have your head in the clouds

(3) Because you are a **** stain.

Mod note: user was banned for this post

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

To raise revenue.
    That's why I think it's a good idea.

The tax would be included in the 'plan' if on bill pay and if on pay as you go, well they don't get a bill so probably wouldn't notice it.
    However they would be well informed about it.

Its prepay customer that give out the most about losing credit, believe me,they'd notice.

• Advertisement

WildBoots wrote: »
    One born every day.

If you're going to attempt to be condescending you should have an argument to back it up.
    Otherwise you just look a bit silly.
    krudler wrote: »
    Its prepay customer that give out the most about losing credit, believe me,they'd notice.

In which case they'd be well informed, it's the government tax. End of really.

Advertisement