Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A mobile phone licence ?

Options
  • 28-11-2010 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

We all know the goverment need to come up with extra taxes so what about a mobile phone licence ? Like the tv licence everybody who owns a mobile phone would have to buy an annual licence for it. maybe €25 per year? I think it would be a good idea and pretty painless.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Em..no.
    Pay enough for calls and texts as it is thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

fúck off!

people are already pissed about taxes and you want more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Lets have a tax on Laptops too, there must be hundreds of thousands of them in Ireland now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Sssssh

Shut up, would ya?

Is that you Brian?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Yeah, I think we should also have a being alive tax

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Lets have a tax on Laptops too, there must be hundreds of thousands of them in Ireland now.

I think we should put a tax on x hamster.
    You'd get us out of debt within a year.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Air tax, cant believe no one has thought of this one :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

We all know the goverment need to come up with extra taxes so what about a mobile phone licence ? Like the tv licence everybody who owns a mobile phone would have to buy an annual licence for it. maybe €25 per year? I think it would be a good idea and pretty painless.

There are various scales to being wrong, this is at the top, bravo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

abortions for all, mobile phone taxes for all, small american flags for all

and there's one for everybody in the audience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

But everyone would just buy phones from the north and change the sims wouldn't they. What'd be the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

What about a rat licence there are millions of those. Albeit collecting the licence fee from them would be difficult...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

How about a licence to print more money ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

brummytom wrote: »
    But everyone would just buy phones from the north and change the sims wouldn't they. What'd be the point?

Have the licence for the sim card then.

<runs>

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

irish-stew wrote: »
    Have the licence for the sim card then.

<runs>
    Damn, fecker :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

tax on fresh air next of all :o what's left that isn't taxed in fairness

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

There's already VAT on the phones themselves and the credit/bill. I'm sure it would raise a good bit to have some kind of yearly standing charge but it would be unpoliceable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Breathing tax...........1c for every breath in, 1c for every breath out

Sure the IMFianna Fail are going to tax the shíte out of us so much we may as well just give them every cent we have and our first born kids as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭colm1234

I think we have enough tax as it is sure ya get taxed on your wage then on everything you buy how about a tax every time you fart or tax on air

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

We'd all end up using CB radios.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

STFU pal. TERRIBLE idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

there already is a mobile phone (operating) licence, but the companies (o2, 3 etc) pay it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

no just no...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

super-rush wrote: »
    We'd all end up using CB radios.

excellent, we'll all meet cheerleaders from LA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dermo88

How about stupidity tax, for people who vote Fianna Fail, and people from Mayo and Kerry, who voted for the likes of Flynn and O Donoghue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

I think I'm going to cry.....this is someone in government testing the waters isn't it?!!
    No. The answer is just NO. Stop taxing me, I have no more money! Take it, take my phone, I can't make calls on it anyway - I can't afford credit!!! I'm sitting in a hotel lobby stealing WIFI coz I can't afford a crappy pay as you go modem! This laptop isn't even mine! I borrowed it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

dermo88 wrote: »
    How about stupidity tax, for people who vote Fianna Fail, and people from Mayo and Kerry, who voted for the likes of Flynn and O Donoghue.

And dubs for voting bertie?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

colm1234 wrote: »
    I think we have enough tax as it is sure ya get taxed on your wage then on everything you buy how about a tax every time you fart or tax on air

Flutt will be looking for a bailout if that one comes to pass

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

What makes it a good idea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Nah - tax on shoes. Everyone has them.
    And watches.
    And keys too - that would be a good little earner.

Rediculous......

Advertisement