Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a doctors note

Options
  • 27-11-2010 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

How do you get it?

Im not actually sick, but dont wanna go in on Monday. If I go to the doctors, will he give me one regardless of the fact that Im in good health? ..will I be paying some extravagant price for it also? or will it be covered by my VHI?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

117416_76837_Unsuccessful.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Alright but em, Im serious. Iv gotten enough marks over the course of the module to get a merit and really dislike the idea of doing a presentation. Iv missed two days already and as Ill be missing my third day, Ill need a doctors note.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Depends on your doctor-i had one doctor who wouldn't give you a note even when you were sick, our family doctor growing up would nearly give you a note without you having to even ask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

get yer mammy to write you a note or brave the weather and go to bleedin work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Tell him you're got Wanker's Elbow.

• Advertisement

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Depends on your doctor-i had one doctor who wouldn't give you a note even when you were sick, our family doctor growing up would nearly give you a note without you having to even ask!

Sound :)
    get yer mammy to write you a note or brave the weather and go to bleedin work

College ;)
    Confab wrote: »
    Tell him you're got Wanker's Elbow.

Brilliant :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

Got a note the other day, had to take 2 days off work. I didn't even hardly have to ask for the cert, she seemed very flaithula with them! I was genuinely sick, had stomach cramps, no energy, headache, diarrhea and when I burped it tasted of eggs. I can go intp more detail if necessary.
    Plus she ticked me off for the third day and all in case I wanted it :) Let me know if your in the D15 area I'll send you her digits, nice lookin bird too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

How do you get it?

Im not actually sick, but dont wanna go in on Monday. If I go to the doctors, will he give me one regardless of the fact that Im in good health? ..will I be paying some extravagant price for it also? or will it be covered by my VHI?

Cheers

One reason why this country is where it is with people like you feigning illness to skip a day off work!!Just go to work its what your paid for!!How many people would love to go going to work on monday????:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Christ, read the thread will ya?

Module

Marks

Merit

COLLEGE!

If I had a bleedin job Id be at it every day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

you need a sicknote for college?
    what are you studyin to be? a nazi?

Just dont bother goin

• Advertisement

Just read your in college....still go to college...:p

talla10 wrote: »
    One reason why this country is where it is with people like you feigning illness to skip a day off work!!Just go to work its what your paid for!!How many people would love to go going to work on monday????:mad::mad::mad::mad:

He's already said twice he's in college.
    Calm down ffs

i did see my 2nd post :rolleyes:

you need a sicknote for college?
    what are you studyin to be? a nazi?

Just dont bother goin

Im in an adult education scheme type thingy, if I miss too many days without a reasonable excuse, I run the risk of being kicked off it and losing my dole. All €100 of it.
    He's already said twice he's in college.
    Calm down ffs

Sound

i did see my 2nd post :rolleyes:

Youre in no position to be bring out aul rolley eyes, youre guilty of not reading the thread properly before posting as he is guilty of not refreshing the page before posting, a lesser crime in my eyes :cool:

Youre in no position to be bring out aul rolley eyes, youre guilty of not reading the thread properly before posting as he is guilty of not refreshing the page before posting, a lesser crime in my eyes :cool:

Both of our posts were posted at the exact same time.
    And i'm a she.

Splitting hairs IMO but i should have read post fully before reacting i admit!!

Both of our posts were posted at the exact same time.
    And i'm a she.

Dont be silly, thats impossible.

Dont be silly, thats impossible.

Oh yeah sorry-forgot there were no wimmen on the internet!
    [deep voice] i'm a man[/deep voice]

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭LevelSpirit

I know 2 people who I work with who just photoshop them.
    In my last job I also knew a guy who ordered headed doctors notes off the internet.
    Then he just signed them himself with a scribble.
    It goes on a lot as far as I can see.
    HR here started to ring doctors too to check on peoples notes. Doctors secretaries just told them to get lost. They couldnt give out any info whatsoever about a patient, even the fact that they gave the patient a note.
    The note is between the patient and the doctor and its up to the patient what they want to do with it. The doctor can never conform nor deny writing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Most Docs will give you a sick note. Best to go with diarrhoea or something unprovable and vague. Weakness, gastric symtoms. You dont want to say anything that will make them take your temprature. So no fever-like symptoms.

Don't say kidney infection or they'll want a sample.

I doubt the VHI will cover a GP visit unless you're on the Rolls Royce plan!!! fnar :p

lol @ people lecturing about taking sick days off work/college, Doctors are €55-€60 a pop, a day off work doesn't come for free in this kip of a country. so STFU. You pay, you get your day.

Chin grin, thats so dodgy. I was actually googling around trying to find one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Your abject laziness and desire to schnake out of giving a presentation is symptomatic of the type of spinelessnes that has this country in the state its in, regardless of whether you're working or in college tbh.

Haven't you a barstool to warm, or tv to shout at? G'way. I'v done what's needed and jumped all the hurdles, the 10% Ill throw away on Monday is just over-kill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

Stay off the Tangy Zizzle OP!

lol @ people lecturing about taking sick days off work/college, Doctors are €55-€60 a pop, a day off work doesn't come for free in this kip of a country. so STFU. You pay, you get your day.

I guarantee if the OP worked in public sector ya wouldnt have that opinion!!

flahavaj wrote: »
    Your abject laziness and desire to schnake out of giving a presentation is symptomatic of the type of spinelessnes that has this country in the state its in, regardless of whether you're working or in college tbh.

Wahhh wahhh call me a waahhhmbulance!!!

I'm not sure OP's failure to turn into college for a day will have seismic repercussions for the Nation.

I guarantee if the OP worked in public sector ya wouldnt have that opinion!!

Well he doesn't so what's your point Roger Irrelevant?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Wahhh wahhh call me a waahhhmbulance!!!

I'm not sure OP's failure to turn into college for a day will have seismic repercussions for the Nation.

:D

HAHAHAHAHAHA "wahmbulance". Gotta remember that one!

Advertisement