Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm Engineer Locked.

Options
  • 24-11-2010 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, can I also get the manual for the Astec 63DV Engineer manual please?
    I had a battery low error because the mains had been turned off for a few months in the house. The battery low error is now gone but it still says "Call Engineer" and the fault LED is on. I think the code before "Call Engineer" is 77 but I'm not sure, will have to call to the house again tomorrow. I had an engineer out today to check it out for me and he said that I needed to replace the alarm for 587 Euro because there was a "Tamper Fault" which he couldn't clear! I got a friend to come over this evening for a 2nd opinion and he was able to fix the tamper fault and said that the alarm is fine but it might need a new battery if it doesn't re-charge from the mains. The re-charging seems to have worked but the error remains and I7m looking for a way to clear this.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi, can I also get the manual for the Astec 63DV Engineer manual please?
    I had a battery low error because the mains had been turned off for a few months in the house. The battery low error is now gone but it still says "Call Engineer" and the fault LED is on. I think the code before "Call Engineer" is 77 but I'm not sure, will have to call to the house again tomorrow. I had an engineer out today to check it out for me and he said that I needed to replace the alarm for 587 Euro because there was a "Tamper Fault" which he couldn't clear! I got a friend to come over this evening for a 2nd opinion and he was able to fix the tamper fault and said that the alarm is fine but it might need a new battery if it doesn't re-charge from the mains. The re-charging seems to have worked but the error remains and I7m looking for a way to clear this.
    Thanks in advance.

77 call engineer is a service time set up by the installer. What this does is lets the customer know the system needs to be serviced. It will have no effect on the workings of the panel but will keep coming up until engineer mode is entered and exited on the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Meistereile

Thanks Koolkid, got the manuals.
    Thanks Altor, I will enter engineer mode tonight and hopefully clear the error.

I tried the engineer code as per the manual last night but it didn't work so the installation engineer must have changed it. It was installed in 2000 by Capital Alarms, can anybody hazard a guess as to what the code may have been changed to?
    If I can't get that code I'm going to do a factory reset and re-program the zones as described in the manual, is there any reason why I should not do this?
    Thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Astec is very quick and easy to programme. No reason not to default it if you can.

• Advertisement

Tried to reset to the factory settings but it didn't work. According to the manual there is a parameter that will prevent the engineer's code from being changed using the factory setting jumper, this must have been turned on by the original engineer and he changed the code to his personal code.
    Is there a general code of practise among engineers to choose from a list of codes or would each engineer/company have their own personal ones? It was installed by Capital Alarms 10 years ago, if anybody can guide me as to what the code might be I'd really appreciate it. I don't fancy trying all the possibilities!
    If I was to phone the installation company is there any chance they might give me the code or would I have to be a licensed alarm engineer to get it from them?

The panel is engineer locked, you could ring the company and see if they will give you the code. Otherwise your looking at getting an engineer to call out and unlock it for you.

Hi again, this is getting very frustrating now. There are 3 phone numbers for Capital Alarms on the panel and I can't get in touch with anybody. They are supposed to be in Stamullen, Co. Meath at (01) 8416105 (keeps ringing with no answer), (01) 2865922 (rings once and then makes some strange noise, maybe a fax?) and <snip> which is an invalid number.
    Does anybody know if the company still exists?
    Are there any former Capital Alarms engineers on here that might know the code?

Nothing under Capital Alarms in the PSA register .
    It is unlikely you will find the code. Even less unlikey that you could try them all 100,000 combinations & a lot of code tampers;)
    Any company can call out & unlock this for you. Where are you located?

I'm in Swords and have already had a couple of people out but they don't know the code and the factory settings reset won't work. It's stated clearly in the manual that if a certain parameter is set in the panel the engineer code will never return to factory settings.

• Advertisement

A good engineer would be able to unlock it.;)
    Splitting this thread away from manual requests

I'm in Swords and have already had a couple of people out but they don't know the code and the factory settings reset won't work. It's stated clearly in the manual that if a certain parameter is set in the panel the engineer code will never return to factory settings.

If you want me to do it for you send me a P.M.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Nixer95

Hi, Would anyone have a copy of the Astec 63DV Engineer manual. Having a problem with the alarm and need to get it fixed.

Nicola.

sent you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Try 1122

1122 is Aritech default user code.
    This is an Astec system.
    4711 is the default user code.
    1174 is the default engineer code.
    although why would someone leave the default code and then engineer lock the panel??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 assettt

any chance you have an engineers manual for astec ,,,,have a problem with back door alarm ,,,its a patio door with a sensor on the fixed side and contact on the moving side ,,wire from sensor to contact and wire leaving the contact to other area ,,so there is 3 four core cables at contact 2black 2red 2blue 2yellow there is a 3 pin block connector in contact does red go in left an right an 2 black in middle an just join yellow to yellow an blue to blue thanx

I sent you the manual in reply to the PM you sent me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Germario

Hi

My astec 63 DV alarm is now showing a "76 call engineer" message after I touched off one of the window sensors.
    Is there any way I can remove this message without the alarm company charging me a fortune to send an engineer out.
    The alarm will not set while this message is displayed

Cheers

Germario wrote: »
    Hi

My astec 63 DV alarm is now showing a "76 call engineer" message after I touched off one of the window sensors.
    Is there any way I can remove this message without the alarm company charging me a fortune to send an engineer out.
    The alarm will not set while this message is displayed

Cheers

The installer put an engineer reset on the system. This means you will need the engineer code entered to clear the fault. I would also say he engineer locked the panel. You could try defaulting the alarm just in case he did not and reprogram it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Germario

Cheers

Not sure if I want to try to default it and cause more problems as I am not too familiar with the system.
    System was probably installed 7 years ago and had the installation company out a few months ago when I moved in to fit a battery and service the alarm. Maybe they will give me the code and save having to get them out but unlikely!!

Germario wrote: »
    Cheers

Not sure if I want to try to default it and cause more problems as I am not too familiar with the system.
    System was probably installed 7 years ago and had the installation company out a few months ago when I moved in to fit a battery and service the alarm. Maybe they will give me the code and save having to get them out but unlikely!!

More than happy to talk you through reprogramming the alarm if it does default. I would not think they will release the code. If you do decide to get them out ask them about removing the engineer reset from the system plus get them to reprogram the engineer code to something you know for future work you may need done. If they refuse get another company to do it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭whitefoot

Hi KoolKid, Please could I also have a copy of the Astec 63DV Engineer manual. Thank you

Sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theburi

Can you send me eng instructions please. My alarm company went out on business and I need to rest it after changing battery.

Thank to

Shouldn't need to after changing a battery.
    What error are you getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Couls be set to engineer reset on tamper

theburi wrote: »
    Can you send me eng instructions please. My alarm company went out on business and I need to rest it after changing battery.

Thank to

If you just replaced the battery and you still have a low battery warning it might just need a few hours to get a charge into the battery. If you have a lid tamper make sure the cap on the spring inside the control panel lines up with its hole, when the lid closes there is a piece of it the pushes against it to close the tamper.
    If you need a manual just let us know, more than happy to send you on user and engineer manual for your system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Betty_Blue

Hello,
    By any chance is there still a copy of the Astec 63DV Engineer manual floating around, I am having terrible trouble with mine at the moment and cannot get anyone to look at it for me, as soon as they hear Astec the dont want to touch it.
    Thanks in advance :)

• Advertisement

Betty_Blue wrote: »
    Hello,
    By any chance is there still a copy of the Astec 63DV Engineer manual floating around, I am having terrible trouble with mine at the moment and cannot get anyone to look at it for me, as soon as they hear Astec the dont want to touch it.
    Thanks in advance :)

Sent you a P.M

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement