Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 12 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

and manning will still be right there in the end for the MVP VOTE....SOMEHOW

No he probably won't unless he ups his game. Rivers for me at the moment with Brady snapping on his heels.

He still on coarse though for over 30tds with 16 Ints and close to 5000 yards passing with over a 90 passer rating going by his performances thus far. I know a lot of QBs where such an 'poor' year would be a career one. Might mean they miss the playoffs though seeing as the rest of the team has been dysfunctional all year..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

As a colts fan, I'm just worried about making the playoffs.

This isn't down to Manning, he's carried the team for so long, and the absence of Clarke, a decent 2nd receiver, and an ever worsening O-line has been the last straw, IMO. It's interesting to note Peter king mentioned he hasn't looked comfortable in the pocket lately. There's rumours that he hasn't fully gotten over the pinched nerve he suffered in his neck. I'm not making excuses -- Manning has been mediocre at best. Poor recently.

What is apparent is that failing to establish a running game has come back to bite us in the hole. This is absolutely criminal by the colts. You need a good running game to have any kind of an offense, and Manning has been papering over the cracks for too long. When a team knows all you can do is throw, they have you by the balls. No QB can deal with that. Look at the Giants game -- Addai was on fire, and because of that, Manning had maybe his best game of the year. The Giants simply couldn't defend them.

My disgust lies firmly with Polian and Caldwell. The blindly refused to draft linemen early, the last few years, and it's payback time. No running game, and a shaky pocket, and even an all-time great struggles.

Take Manning out of that team right now, and we're the worst in the league, or close enough.

:(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭gnolan

Archimedes wrote: »
    Last I saw, the Chargers were at +4.0, which if I was betting, I'd be all over. I'd probably lean towards the Chargers at +2 aswell.

Great call on that last night Arch, made a few quid off it so thanks.

Might watch the game tonight. Can't see past the 49ers at -2.0.

EDIT: Hmmm. Maybe not. 49ers road record is 0-4, 0-3 ATS as an away favourite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

gnolan wrote: »
    Great call on that last night Arch, made a few quid off it so thanks.

Might watch the game tonight. Can't see past the 49ers at -2.0.

EDIT: Hmmm. Maybe not. 49ers road record is 0-4, 0-3 ATS as an away favourite

Did I mention I charge a commission? 50% of your winnings will do thanks :pac:

A great way to make money betting on this league is bet on the likes of Brady, Manning, Brees and Rivers as underdogs in big games (rivalries, SNF, MNF etc.) I might do some research during the week and see how often the underdog covers the spread, but I imagine it's quite favourable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Hard to get a word in edge ways here with the pre-game excitement! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Its a very hard game to predict. If the Cards can get to Troy Smith early and often then this will be a low scoring affair. With Derek Anderson you just never know whats going to happen but if he has close to a competent outing then with Fitzgerald and the other receivers they have namely Breaston and Doucet they have a real chance of winning this one. I think its likely that it comes down to Anderson and his arm against Frank Gore tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

This is very unappealing. Think I'll be flicking over to the NHL a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭49ers fan

Gore is a beast, Troy Smith looking good

That kicker is going to kill us......:mad: Shocking looking pre-game warmup

Gore to locker room:eek:.....49ers turnover, TD Crabtree........:D

• Advertisement

Fookin super TD.

Frank who?!

D #

Gore looks banged up.......not looking comfortable, Westbrook doing well though, Cards Def. line is a joke at the moment

Whooooh.............:)

This could be a blowout. Cards are a shambles.

I dont want to count the chickens just yet, my nerves are shot this year with this team....

TD 49ers............:D:D
    OK, this is looking like a scrimmage at the minute....Cards dont even look like they want to be there, and their at home, mmmmmm, loving Coach Grudens comments:)

Xavi6 wrote: »
    This could be a blowout. Cards are a shambles.
    If its not I'm gonna lose a lot of money. Just put down a huge bet on them at -16.

Tasty bet.....ooooh that was close, incomplete:eek:

HT 21-6, 49ers, Cards booooooed off pitch:D

• Advertisement

Nate Clements is storming the D

Wow I just seen Ted Ginn catch a ball and try to make more yards. Thats two very weird things on one play!

Super block

Jeeebus.....:mad: As I said that Kicker is terrible, come back Joe Nedney, please

Hopefully not a costly block Eagle Eye....:rolleyes:

He got one...???

Oh man, thank god thats over. I've never been as nervous watching a 4th quarter in my life. And all because of ridiculous playcalling. But I'm too relieved and happy to rant right now.

Anderson is the worst starting QB in the NFL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

I don't know... that Peyton Manning fellow looked pretty crap the other night.

• Advertisement

Advertisement