Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 12 Thread

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    So, Manning has eleven times more interceptions then Mike Vick. That doesn't sound right!

It isn't. He only has 5.3 times more interceptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

That reporter is a jerk. Yeah sure, Anderson is a pretty crap QB, but way to kick a guy when his team his down. He can't crack a smile on the sideline? Fúck that. It's a non story with some slimeball reporter fishing for a reaction which he got.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Archimedes wrote: »
    That reporter is a jerk. Yeah sure, Anderson is a pretty crap QB, but way to kick a guy when his team his down. He can't crack a smile on the sideline? Fúck that. It's a non story with some slimeball reporter fishing for a reaction which he got.
    In all fairness he was smiling on the sideline, even John Gruden commented on it. Gruden said something like, 'I don't know, I just think I wouldn't like to see any of my guys smiling when we're down 18 points, I'd want it to matter more to them.'

I don't think that reporter should be asking him what his conversation was about. Its ok to ask the question but he got his answer and should have left it at that.

I'd agree that the reporter should have shut up once he got his answer first time but I think he was right to ask the question. If I was a Cards fan I certainly would want the question asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Meltdown -

I like his passion

Still a terrible starting QB though

eagle eye wrote: »
    In all fairness he was smiling on the sideline, even John Gruden commented on it. Gruden said something like, 'I don't know, I just think I wouldn't like to see any of my guys smiling when we're down 18 points, I'd want it to matter more to them.'

I don't think that reporter should be asking him what his conversation was about. Its ok to ask the question but he got his answer and should have left it at that.

I'd agree that the reporter should have shut up once he got his answer first time but I think he was right to ask the question. If I was a Cards fan I certainly would want the question asked.

I dunno, I don't think any QB is gonna be happy that they're losing. Still doesn't mean they should sit on the bench looking miserable though. The only person Anderson has to answer to is Whisenhunt and the other coaching squad, not some arsehole reporter. That type of predatory journalism will make idiots thing "OMG Anderson smiled while we were losing, he loves it when the Cards lose!". And there's plenty of idiots who'll believe that too. It's a non story.

He got dog's abuse for saying it, but I find myself agreeing more and more with Tony Romo when he said "if the worst thing that happens to me is losing a football game, then I'll have lived a pretty good life."

• Advertisement

I dunno, I don't think any QB is gonna be happy that they're losing. Still doesn't mean they should sit on the bench looking miserable though. The only person Anderson has to answer to is Whisenhunt and the other coaching squad, not some arsehole reporter. That type of predatory journalism will make idiots thing "OMG Anderson smiled while we were losing, he loves it when the Cards lose!". And there's plenty of idiots who'll believe that too. It's a non story.

He got dog's abuse for saying it, but I find myself agreeing more and more with Tony Romo when he said "if the worst thing that happens to me is losing a football game, then I'll have lived a pretty good life."

Well if you looks at the best guys you see that they are never happy when they are losing.

Anytime the Patriots are losing Brady looks like he could kill somebody when he is sitting on the sidelines. Manning has these faces when its happening that show he is troubled. Brees always looks like somebody died.

When its caught on national tv there are going to be a whole lot of unhappy people. The fact that Gruden commented on it says a lot. He is a former head coach and a good one at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

The thing is about QB's or any playmaker in any sport that if they get more frustrated, angry and annoyed it'll just affect you even more and you'll end up making more mistakes. Being relaxed is more important. I know when I play that when I start getting pumped up for a game, I end up trying to do too much and maybe overcommit myself to a tackle etc. If you're angry and down all you do is bring everyone else down with you. What he's smiling about is anyones guess but I don't think it makes too much difference if the guy is off the field of play and smiles - you often see soccer players on the bench laughing and joking with each other even when their side isn't winning. That's my 2 cents.

I think it's a nothing story really apart from him being a useless QB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

He half-smiles for about 1 & a half seconds:

A bit ridiculous to say he doesnt give a sh1t based on 1 & a half seconds of his week of preparations for the game, based on 1 & a half seconds when cameras are on you non stop for 3 hours.

I dont know if he gives a sh1t or not, but i'm not going to base my opinions on a half-smile for about 1 & a half seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

your the very man posting a picture of Peyton Manning fuming on the sideline as one of the "sights and sounds" of the game. You know bloody well he wouldn't have cracked a smile. Nor would Brady, or Brees or any of the top players.

Anderson was caught out, and while I agree the reporter was a dog, the boy shouldn't have been able to smile even if he wanted.

What the hell has me posting a picture of Manning got to do with it?

I only just saw the video now as posted above, and it's even more of a disgrace that this is even making news. He literally smiles for what, 1 second? Jon Gruden making a big deal over absolutely nothing. He may have been a good head coach, and he'll probably get his shot again, but he's just saying something for the sake of having something to say in a blowout. An absolute nothing story, to say he is "caught out" is Daily Mail-esque tabloid shíte.

The boy shouldn't have been able to smile? What on earth makes you think Derek Anderson should have to answer to you, a scumbag journo or a sensational Gruden? Well fúcking in I say for Anderson telling him where to go.

• Advertisement

I only just saw the video now as posted above, and it's even more of a disgrace that this is even making news. He literally smiles for what, 1 second? Jon Gruden making a big deal over absolutely nothing. He may have been a good head coach, and he'll probably get his shot again, but he's just saying something for the sake of having something to say in a blowout. An absolute nothing story, to say he is "caught out" is Daily Mail-esque tabloid shíte.

The boy shouldn't have been able to smile? What on earth makes you think Derek Anderson should have to answer to you, a scumbag journo or a sensational Gruden? Well fúcking in I say for Anderson telling him where to go.
    Nobody is giving any credit to the reporter for continuing to press him after he answered the question. Thats not whats at issue here at all.

Fact is you would never catch Brady, Manning, Brees or any other top QB smiling on the sideline when behind.

Gruden made the comment and it wasn't just about him it was about the other guy sitting there too. He just didn't like to see it and I can fully understand that. These guys are getting paid big money to do what they do and they should not be kidding around even for one second when their season is going up in smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Jon Gruden making a big deal over absolutely nothing. He may have been a good head coach, and he'll probably get his shot again,

Nope! :pac:

eagle eye wrote: »
    Nobody is giving any credit to the reporter for continuing to press him after he answered the question. Thats not whats at issue here at all.

Fact is you would never catch Brady, Manning, Brees or any other top QB smiling on the sideline when behind.

Gruden made the comment and it wasn't just about him it was about the other guy sitting there too. He just didn't like to see it and I can fully understand that. These guys are getting paid big money to do what they do and they should not be kidding around even for one second when their season is going up in smoke.

Well I dont think Anderson is deluded enough to think he's a Brady, Manning or Brees, and yes, a QB at any level should have intense dedication but different QBs have different personalities. At the end of the day, he's playing a sport he obviously loves (I loved that heart and soul line out of him) and is with his buddies on the sideline. To say he can't even crack a smile when his team is losing is taking analysis to the absolute extreme imo. Derek Anderson's limited skill set is a problem for the Cardinals, sure, but him cracking a smile for literally one second while they're losing? Not a contributing factor to any of their or his problems imo.

Well, I find it strange you should take great pleasure out of a QB clearly furious at his performance, and defend a QB who can make time for a joke when his team is losing. Nothing against Anderson, but I know which attitude I'd prefer in my QB.

In fact, even though I know that picture of Manning came from a plac of pure pettyness, it actually cheers me up me to see it. It would bother me, were I a cards fan, to see anderson laughing though.

davyjose wrote: »
    Well, I find it strange you should take great pleasure out of a QB clearly furious at his performance.

I wasn't taking pleasure out of him being furious. I was taking pleasure out of him having thrown 7 interceptions in the space of a week.

I wasn't taking pleasure out of him being furious. I was taking pleasure out of him having thrown 7 interceptions in the space of a week.

Look man, to be honest, I don't think the spirit of that thread is to rub people's noses in it, but you chose to do that.

Even still, I'm happy enough my QB didn't behave like Anderson -- joking on the sideline then freaking out at the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

davyjose wrote: »
    joking on the sideline then freaking out at the media.

Joking for one for and an half seconds! I don't want to misquote you davyjose, you didn't state that.
    When this season ends and a review is done, this will be up there for most overblown story of the season.

Realy, if Derek Anderson was looking depressed on the sideline, I'd be reading another headline on why he wasn't motivating his offense and the team :rolleyes:

Advertisement