Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your TY Trips

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Our School went on the following trips last year

Ghana for culture learning and volunteering
    Gaeltacht
    Activity Weeks (Football, Film Making, Drama, and Music)

Thats it from the top of my head if I can remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Barcelona. It wad a good couple of days. I look back on it with fondness. It's nice but also the dodgiest place I've ever been to. Everywhere you look there's a con artist or person with a fake limb or pickpocket. Saying that, it's a nice city for a couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Went back to school and got a big list of all the trips we're going on ^^

The big trip is to barcalona near the end of the year :D
    And we're going on a 'team building' weekend, tours of the dail and four courts, a trip to tv3, we go on a watersports weekend where we do basically everything waterbased you can think of :pac:, we go ice skating :o, we stay for a week doing god knows what in galway, cork, clare and limerick, we go to london for a weekend, we go to carlingford, alton towers, and we go to a bunch of museums and exhibitions, and we do tours of DCU, Maynooth college, UCD, Trinity and a few other places XD I i think we go on a tour of mountjoy prison, and we go camping too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Woo Carlingford :pac:

We're suppose to be going to Barcelona too, but it might be the 2nd and 3rd years going instead and we might be going NY because it's the school's 150th :P

I can't wait to go in tomorrow and find out what all were doing :pac:

Woo Carlingford :pac:

We're suppose to be going to Barcelona too, but it might be the 2nd and 3rd years going instead and we might be going NY because it's the school's 150th :P

I can't wait to go in tomorrow and find out what all were doing :pac:

Haha I went to carlingford with the school in 2nd year too :L Good craic tbf :pac:

Ahh I want to go to NY :O That would be amazing XD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

There was a trip to Washington last year for 3rd, TY, 5th and 6th years but it was too expensive and I was already going to London :/

I've never been to the Adventure Centre even though Carlingford is like 10 minutes away from me :P

There was a trip to Washington last year for 3rd, TY, 5th and 6th years but it was too expensive and I was already going to London :/

I've never been to the Adventure Centre even though Carlingford is like 10 minutes away from me :P

Ahh your school does awesome trips :O hahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 PadraicEgan

We went to Killary Adventure Centre, Derrinumera Landfill site, Ballinrobe for the YSI regionals and Dublin for the finals, and Paris in April! Paris was THE best craic I'v ever had! 4 days of ice skating, boat cruising (where we nearly got stabbed by Dutch lads :P ), sight seeing, shopping and Disneyland, all with me best mates...I'll never forget it for as long as I live. :) Go TY 08/09!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

Indiego wrote: »
    Went back to school and got a big list of all the trips we're going on ^^

The big trip is to barcalona near the end of the year :D
    And we're going on a 'team building' weekend, tours of the dail and four courts, a trip to tv3, we go on a watersports weekend where we do basically everything waterbased you can think of :pac:, we go ice skating :o, we stay for a week doing god knows what in galway, cork, clare and limerick, we go to london for a weekend, we go to carlingford, alton towers, and we go to a bunch of museums and exhibitions, and we do tours of DCU, Maynooth college, UCD, Trinity and a few other places XD I i think we go on a tour of mountjoy prison, and we go camping too :D
    being from clare id imagine ye are going to the burren activity centre and staying there overnight they have some sort of hostel there, gud craic is all i can say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Karl96

not overly sure where we're going yet!!
    going to gartan adventure centre like a few days after jc results! lol
    going to galway, going on a retreat, mini company trips away, geography trips, all that stuff! :L then the TY tour at the end of the year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 fabulousdiva

I am going to PARIS IN FRANCE in feb. :) and going to disneyland :D just spent a weekend at kilary adventure centre! TY is a blast so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Think we're going for Birr for one overnight stay and then to the Uisce Ghealteacht college in Co.Mayo for a few nights - should be good craic :) Majority of schools are going out foreign but our school can't afford it/ won't bring us.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭P H A 7V T O M

I am going to PARIS IN FRANCE in feb. :) and going to disneyland :D just spent a weekend at kilary adventure centre! TY is a blast so far
    Hrmm, do you go to my school by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 edelkav

Our TY co ordinator said that, 'trips abroad are usually the price of a family holiday', so our school doesn't organisee one for us. However, if we can organise one ourselves, we can go on one. Does anyone have any suggestions, on where to go at a low-ish price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭P H A 7V T O M

edelkav wrote: »
    Our TY co ordinator said that, 'trips abroad are usually the price of a family holiday', so our school doesn't organisee one for us. However, if we can organise one ourselves, we can go on one. Does anyone have any suggestions, on where to go at a low-ish price?

You can't go wrong with a nice weekend in Sierra Leone: lovely people, great tourist attractions, brillo weather and all at a very affordable price.

Advertisement