Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your TY Trips

Options
  • 24-11-2010 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Whether it be past or future trips could you post it? I'm just curious for ideas on trips for my TY.

David.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

When I was in TY we went on so many trips :)
    A few off the top of my head are a mini driving course thing in Mondello Park, visiting Patrick Kavanagh's grave, went to Birr Outdoor Education Centre for a weekend, and we got to go to a good few places with Mini-Company competitions we were involved in.
    Oh, also went to Croke Park, got a little tour.
    We went loads more places, I'll try post them when I think of them

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Ermm so far we've been:
    The National Ploughing Championships
    Local musicals/sketches
    An overnight stay in Skibbereen Adventure place..
    We went to see the Dunbrody and got lunch and shopping in Waterford
    The National Aid centre and Shopping on O'Connel street Dublin
    And trips we will be going on...
    We're going to the Christmas Ice Skating thing in the RDS in a few weeks
    And some thing in the local gaeltacht about media
    Think thats all.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

I think kilmainham gaol would be a really good trip! Been there and it was really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

When I was in TY our trip to Glendalough was by far the best :D

Plenty of banter walking for 8hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

our actual trip away was to moscow - incredible 5 days that was! first time i'd ever drank vodka too! Never looked back at beer since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 missymooo

We went to an adventure centre in Connemara for two nights also did gaisce At that place. We went to mountjoy prison, national museum and four courts. But the highlight of the year was our trip to Paris. We did all the usual tours there and we went to disneyland BUT on our second day the volcano erupted so it took us two ferries and four buses Yo get home. Absolutely brilliant. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

missymooo wrote: »
    We went to an adventure centre in Connemara for two nights also did gaisce At that place. We went to mountjoy prison, national museum and four courts. But the highlight of the year was our trip to Paris. We did all the usual tours there and we went to disneyland BUT on our second day the volcano erupted so it took us two ferries and four buses Yo get home. Absolutely brilliant. :D

Same here about the volcano actually! Damn volcanoe....Grr. Still have bad feelings about it especially when our Geography teacher mentions it this year.

We were meant to go to London during the volcanoe time but couldn't go on the plane obviously so we rebooked for a later time in May which cost about 50 euro extra but we got there!:D Was an amazing weeked, we shopped so much and went to see Wicked!xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Hannaah

Space camp in Belgium!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Hannaah: No idea what that is, but DO WANT.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

Hannaah wrote: »
    Space camp in Belgium!

think we're going there, goin to some space thing in belgium anyways (tomorrow!) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I really wish that we were going somewhere outside Ireland. The furthest away that we're going away is Cavan/Monaghan.:(

Anyone else going to the Tutankhamun exhibit in the RDS?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

I really wish that we were going somewhere outside Ireland. The furthest away that we're going away is Cavan/Monaghan.:(

Anyone else going to the Tutankhamun exhibit in the RDS?

I know I feel the same. Our TY co-ordinater is a gobshíte. Couldn't hit water if she fell out of a boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

get laid

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

hmm....i think we are going for Ghaeltacht but not 100% sure.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Leaving Cert 2013

our school went skiing in austria and america newyork

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

our school went skiing in austria and america newyork

New York!? How much did that set you back?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Leaving Cert 2013

€1500, but that includes everything and we have about a year to pay it out. We only spend 2 days in nyc but we spend the rest of the time with our host familys and attend an american high school in up state ny about 6 hours from nyc but the flights cost a lot we have to get two flights both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Schonie

We went to Delphi (loved it), cultural trip to Dublin(went literally everywhere incuding the Dublin castle, Kilmainham Gaol, the Dail, Gaiety to see Jack and the Beanstalk and the art gallery..also got shopping time) and also to Paris (greatest 4days of my life:] went to 3museums including de Louvre, Eiffel tower, Montmartre, boat trip on the Seine, Versailles and of course Disneyland) and we also did some other things like went to Upperchurch for our Gaisce walk and that kind of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Schonie

€1500, but that includes everything and we have about a year to pay it out. We only spend 2 days in nyc but we spend the rest of the time with our host familys and attend an american high school in up state ny about 6 hours from nyc but the flights cost a lot we have to get two flights both ways.

That's really cool:]

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MsJenjers

Killary Adventure Centre in Leenane in Galway for 4 days which was mad craic altogether! Hightlight of the year :p And then earlier in the year we spent 2 nights at the Gaeltacht in Rathcairn, that was good fun. Apart from that it was just a few small trips - Ice-skating, YSI (Croke Park + Galway), and then your usual religious retreats that bored the crap out of me.

• Advertisement

Came back from Tanagh in Monaghan yesterday. All of us had the most amazing times of our lives, really wish we could have stayed longer that 3 days it was so good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

We went a pile of places in ty
    ice skating
    Creggin country park
    Comedy plays (psycho spagetti was the best)
    Gartan outdoor adventure centre
    And a few random day trips

Also don't know if it counts but we starteda link with a school in kenya in ty and at the beginning of 5th year we went out to visit for a month. (we would have went out during ty, but there were procedures we had to follow so we had to wait a bit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

We usually go skiing in Austria... but we're not going this year because of money problems!

We're going to Galway or Mayo instead. Should still be good craic as were staying for a couple of nights.

Usual trip to Nantes with the football team, as well as numerous day-trips to paintballing and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

We go to Carlingford as an induction, not as exciting when it's twenty minutes away :/

We go Bog Diving, Schools across borders, there's a loooooad of other places that I can't remember.

We do a big trip away at the end of the country too, don't know where, I think we vote on it or something :pac:

We go to Carlingford as an induction, not as exciting when it's twenty minutes away :/

We go Bog Diving

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

It was around '98/'99 and they let us go to Trabolgan for a couple of days (with only one new teacher to supervise). . . .it was awesome

i'm not sure that'll ever be allowed to happen again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Desire. wrote: »
    :eek:

Yep, it's suppose to be the highlight of the year :pac:

Bog hoppin' ar we call it is actually aaaammazing once you get into it. Shure who doesn't love a good aul' wade through chest high bog water....

Is bog water not like all green, slimy, and disgusting?

• Advertisement

Desire. wrote: »
    Is bog water not like all green, slimy, and disgusting?
    No not really. Its more just a mixture of bits of bog, water and a whole load-a muck

Advertisement