Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop Lucky Bag

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I think people are mental paying €7 for a bluray that could literally be ANYTHING! At least with the games there's a much better chance of getting something worth a good bit more than €7 as games in general are more expensive. Most blurays that arn't brand new can be gotten for around the €11 mark anyway. Paying 7 for something that you *might* buy at 11 seems like a gamble thats really not worth it. I forsee a lot of disapointed customers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 43,816 ✭✭✭✭Basq

grimm2005 wrote: »
    I think people are mental paying €7 for a bluray that could literally be ANYTHING! At least with the games there's a much better chance of getting something worth a good bit more than €7 as games in general are more expensive. Most blurays that arn't brand new can be gotten for around the €11 mark anyway. Paying 7 for something that you *might* buy at 11 seems like a gamble thats really not worth it. I forsee a lot of disapointed customers :p
    That's the fun of it.. it's the gamble!

And to be honest, there's some absolute woeful games being throw out there. Some of them I wouldn't even play. But I'd always throw on a Blu-ray.. even to only watch it once.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

If I got a game with trophies then I am a happy man... Even if its ''Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs'' lol..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Damn it , why did I have to see this thread ordered one for xbox .... shame on me :(

After the last time you'd think I'd have learned but no even if they were saying Calex you can have this gold coin or risk it all for the contents of this box...... I'd be screaming the box .... the box !!!!!!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'm a sucker :(

Did it for PS3, PSP and Blu-ray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

calex71 wrote: »
    Damn it , why did I have to see this thread ordered one for xbox .... shame on me :(

After the last time you'd think I'd have learned but no even if they were saying Calex you can have this gold coin or risk it all for the contents of this box...... I'd be screaming the box .... the box !!!!!!!!! :pac:
    No moaning out of you this time now, ya hear?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Just ordered a game off gamestop. Had the lucky bag in my basket too, but then decided I'd rather save my fiver and deleted it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭spiderjazz

Ordered one earlier for the PS3, curiosity got the better of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭ciaburkie

spiderjazz wrote: »
    Ordered one earlier for the PS3, curiosity got the better of me!

Same but i ordered for Xbox

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Nice just bought Mass Effect 2 and Fifa 10 for a tenner delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

jayteecork wrote: »
    Nice just bought Mass Effect 2 and Fifa 10 for a tenner delivered.
    Curses for this thread. I've only gone and ordered one of these Lucky bags ... I mean they even promise "No XBox Live bundles this time" on the site :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭blarney_army

Just received Pes 08 in my xbox lucky bag

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Just got NFS: Shift in my lucky bag, happy with that, never played it, always meant to.

No complaints here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Got Stranglehold on 360, UFC 2010 on ps3 and Resident Evil apocalypse on blu ray. Not bad I spose! Not really into fighting games but il give ufc a go anyway.

Got a Kinect in my lucky bag..

.. oh wait, nope.. that's definitely anthrax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Got Alpha Protocol for 360 which I've never heard of and certainly would never have played otherwise so it should be an interesting experience. As above the blu-ray was Resident Evil Apocalypse which again I wouldn't have had otherwise so that's cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

got a used copy of COD4 MW, trade in value is 13 if i recall so not bad!

Onto a more serious note, I got Ultraviolet on Blu-ray (never seen it.. probably muck) and the game is UFC Undisputed 2010 (never played it.. probably muck).

Ah well, thems the breaks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Curses for this thread. I've only gone and ordered one of these Lucky bags ... I mean they even promise "No XBox Live bundles this time" on the site :)

Really? Fantastic Four, Rise of the Silver Surfer is worth more than a fiver?? :confused:
    Mental note to self: never again, unless they can guarantee a minimum Metacritic rating.

(Technically, under the EU Distance selling directive I can probably return this for a refund, but it'd cost so much in combined postage as not to be worth it to get my fiver back).

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Got UFC:2010 for PS3, PES 2008 on xbox and ultraviolet on blu ray.

Happy enough with UFC, not mad on ultraviolet but can hopefully trade it in or something.......feel a bit let down by PES 2008 though, cant imagine thats really worth even €5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Iron Hide wrote: »
    got a used copy of COD4 MW, trade in value is 13 if i recall so not bad!

€16.80 @ gamesnash http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056155045

Edit: Actually just reading the thread again, it might just be store credit, but still a pretty decent amount

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Got F.E.A.R Files.....meh. Thems the breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

I got Bullet Witch, has a 4/10 rating on IGN, and it looks a bit poor. Still, for the price I'm sure I'll have fun playing it. I think those who got PES08 got gypped, nobody would pay €5 for that in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

AHHHH I'm so ANGRY, they gave me a Kinect and no Kinect games, what a joke, what use is that!!!!!111Gamestop should be ashamed and I know my rights I want my 5er back!!!!!!!!!11111 rolleyes.gifpacman.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Now, back to serious posting: Didn't expect them to arrive this fast!

Got Strangehold on the 360, old but seems to have decent reviews so how bad!
    Worth about €6.
    Got Resident Evil: Apocolypse on blu ray, which seems to cost around €13 on the net, so not bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Ordered a 360 one today. Wouldn't mind getting alpha protocol or similar. Mainly taking a punt to try a game I wouldn't have looked at otherwise!

Runs to check for post ..................... awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :(

Edit: It was fantastic four had high hopes based on what some of the rest of you got........ never again!!!!!!!! well until the next time :D

It's odd to have recieved a Blu-ray and Game crammed into the one package..

.. am used to TheHutGroup and Play.com shipping in seperate envelopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

calex71 wrote: »

Edit: It was fantastic four :D

Oooohhh burn!!!!

• Advertisement

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Oooohhh burn!!!!

I know , just checking the achievements and most of them bar story based ones are a grind fest

Advertisement