Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new challenger appears!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Kiki, if your the original poster, and it's in anyway Japanese, it's guaranteed to be in some way linked to tentacle rape based anime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Orim wrote: »
    Just to cut away from what is obviously a riveting anime discussion, the second character from the bottom that Sairus posted (Androgynous character that has silent attack on it) has a move listed that is clearly jump forward.

Might be a wall-jump of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Yreval wrote: »
    Might be a wall-jump of some sort.

Yep, was translated as such in the original link IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭erinsoup

Another quick vid, showcasing the game's combo potential.

Theres also a complete system mechanics page on the official site now (in japanese)

http://pastebin.com/YD0kLAun translated rundown of the different types of tags.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

erinsoup wrote: »

Another quick vid, showcasing the game's combo potential.

Theres also a complete system mechanics page on the official site now (in japanese)

http://pastebin.com/YD0kLAun translated rundown of the different types of tags.

Ooooh. That looks crappy. Near ToD comboing.

• Advertisement

If you watch the 4th gameplay video closely you'll see that the game uses three-stage life bars - there's a blue layer, a yellow layer and finally a red layer. So what initially appears to be a 90% damage combo actually does just 30%.

Ooooh. That looks crappy. Near ToD comboing.

What Yreval said basically, plus its a single round system. When you consider that was a pretty specific setup and the fact that she's burning most of her resources it doesn't seem all that bad. Plus there was a dizzy involved..I'm not quite sure how those work exactly yet but the damage will scale after.

Damage on the whole so far seems pretty low actually, which is fine by me. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Yeah that seems a lot better then. ToD's are annoying in modern fighting games :)

Fresh from the youtube oven:

Seems they're already having to convince people that Virgilia's projectile isn't broken.

Some more system details: http://shoryuken.com/f2/ougon-musou-kyoku-umineko-no-naku-koro-ni-doujin-fighter-no-airdashes-257415/index11.html#post9862717
    General stuff
    -Game uses 3 attack buttons, one Touch button, and an Appeal button (seems to be a taunt).
    -Doing an Appeal slightly recovers HP.
    -There are 3 lifebars and no second round, so if you get KO'd that's it.
    -Press all attack buttons to activate the metaworld.
    -You can high jump, dash cancel, tech throws, and tech your falls.

Touch
    -Switches characters and reduces your Break Gauge and stun.
    -There are 5 kinds of Touching.
    -Normal Touch: The active character taunts and switches with his/her partner. Activates the ability of the character that tagged out and costs no SP.
    -Attack Touch: Touch during an attack, and your partner comes in with an attack to continue attacking. No SP needed.
    -Guard Touch: Touch while guarding to switch characters while blocking. Uses 1 SP.
    -Damage Touch: Touch while getting hit to break the combo, send the opponent flying back to the other side of the screen and switch characters. Uses 2 SP.
    -Assault Touch: Qcf+Touch to do an invincible "tackle" that switches characters and knocks down the opponent. Uses 2 SP.

Meta World (if any of the names sound weird blame Google)
    -As said before, it's activated by pressing all attack buttons.
    -Activates both of your characters' abilities and allows you to use your meta special for no cost while it's active.
    -Meta Declaration: Uses 1 SP and requires the Meta Gauge to glow red.
    -Meta Return: Used after a declaration, uses 2 SP and depletes the opponents Meta Gauge.
    -Meta Redeploy: Used after a return to activate the meta world again, uses 2 SP and reduces your Meta Gauge by 25% of what it originally was.
    -Meta Surrebutal: Used after a redeploy, uses 3 SP to deplete the Meta Gauge again.
    -Meta Forcing: Used after a surrebutal, uses 2 SP to activate the meta world again and reduces your Meta Gauge by 50% of what it originally was.

Character Abilities
    -Activated with a Normal Touch or with the Meta World.
    -Ushiromiya Battler: "Resurrection", slightly recovers HP over time.
    -Beatrice: "Infinity SP", it's pretty much what it sounds like.
    -Ushiromiya Ange: "Stun Boost", increases the stun of your attacks.
    -Lucifer: "Attack Touch" use Attack Touches without consuming your Touch Gauge.
    -Shannon: "Auto Guard", exactly what it says.
    -Kanon: "Silent Attack", reduces the SP your opponent gets from your attacks.
    -Virgilia: "Brimful", increases the SP of both of your characters.
    -Ronove: "Counter Boost", increases the damage of counter hits.
    -Eva Beatrice: "Berserk", increases your attack power.
    -Siesta/Chiester 410: "Break Boost", increases guard break damage.

• Advertisement

Touch
    -Switches characters and reduces your Break Gauge and stun.
    -There are 5 kinds of Touching.

Well, that's myself and Chopper playing, singing "you've got the poooooowwwaaah... Yeah!" if we manage to beast someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Seems they're already having to convince people that Virgilia's projectile isn't broken.

Some more system details: http://shoryuken.com/f2/ougon-musou-kyoku-umineko-no-naku-koro-ni-doujin-fighter-no-airdashes-257415/index11.html#post9862717
    319ef9f12c87a28c7846bd2b49171968.png

WaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitWAIT.

Broken projectile, eh?

should be out in a few more hours. Expect some more details to start surfacing soon!

Turns out it's really easy to replace any video or bgm in this game. Mint.

Had a chance to play this today, this game needs some polishing..
    Loooooooooads of polish. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

can't polish a turd :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    can't polish a turd :pac:
    While I'd normally defend any less popular game, coming from all the hate BB gets...I'm with Dreddy on this. Game looks like ass, and I'd rather give Tekken another shot than try it.
    But that might be just me:p

http://umineko.mizuumi.net/wiki/Changelog

1.01 is out. Looks like they're addressesing a few the major issues already that people were having.

So, this is coming to the Xbox 360 as Ougon Musoukyoku X. Aside from the extra X, this version also features three new characters; George Ushiromiya, Jessica Ushiromiya and Rosa Ushiromiya (that makes five Ushiromiyas now, I believe).

Jjaaf.jpg

Of the three, I think I like George the most - how could you not, with those tea-tray-droppingly sweet breakdancing moves?

(more screenshots here: http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2011/04/28/ougon_musoukyoku_x_screenshots/)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Doujin games?
    On consoles?

Wow. Only took them a few decades.

Advertisement