Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new challenger appears!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

That looks pretty sweet just from the style - wonder what it'll play like.

The post on Mizuumi has a screenshot which involves an army of goat-headed guys in suave suits stampeding across the screen. Now that is freakin' crazy awesome!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The screens look pretty. Prettier than BB, actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Is this by the guys that did melty blood? Art style reminds me of it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Is this by the guys that did melty blood? Art style reminds me of it
    Not AFAIK

The Higurashi/Umineko franchise is by 07th Expansion, while Melty Blood was by French Bread (and Tsukihime was originally made by Type-Moon)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Cool thanks. Looks really fun. Hopefully it comes out in america anyways so I can import it with an english main menu.

P.S though I do hate you now Kiki! I looked at this thread because I figured it was about whoever the new guy is in SSFAE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

This looks the business. Though I'll have to watch the series to get an idea of the characters!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

F you Kiki.

I thought this was going to be the new SSFIV character!

Still, it looks good though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Tag teams?

So. Many. Possibilities! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

It's looking very clean I have to say. Some tag action too! Definite purchase for me!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

It looks a bit sluggish, dunno if I'll go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I might play it every so often...but it looks really unappealing to me. Don't think I'll pick up a copy for myself.

I always find these doujin fighters can have some amazing animation to the special moves but then make a complete bollocks of the characters' walking animations.
    The rabbit girl and the guy with long hair and trenchcoat in particular look ****ing awful when walking in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭prenelf

Sairus wrote: »

The Guy at 1:09 looks like a Phoenix Wright poser. Objection! The game looks pretty good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭erinsoup

More gameplay footage.

It's not fully known who're the Devs behind this yet since they've been keeping hush about it. French Bread briefly mentioned it in their blog but didn't really give any indication that they had worked on it.

http://pastebin.com/YavbAAPW

Have some partially translated move lists too!

erinsoup wrote: »

Careful now, some unsavory ads floating around there if you happen to be at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

im in work i clicked it, its pretty outrageous to be honest

i propose a 1 week ban

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah label links like that NSFW erin. I could get in a lot of trouble if I clicked on stuff like that in work.

Bah, my adblocker caught that one. Didn't even realize it had any, let alone nsfw ones. Sorry :pac:

http://pastebin.com/YavbAAPW

Totally uncool text version here.

erinsoup wrote: »
    Bah, my adblocker caught that one. Didn't even realize it had any, let alone nsfw ones. Sorry :pac:
    I have Adblocker on here too. I was wondering what everyone was complaining about for a few seconds there.

Oh mighty Photobucket, come to our aid!

ange.jpg

battler.jpg

beatrice.jpg

kyoku.jpg

lucifer.jpg

Ronove.jpg

shannon.jpg

virgilia.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://shoryuken.com/media.php?do=details&mid=7515

From the comments:
    - The life bar is shared by both characters on the team, as it doesn't change with characters.
    - Break Limit gauge is your usual guard gauge, it fills when you block moves and you get a guard break when it's full.
    - The gauge that you fill while dealing damage, blocking moves etc. is your second character's SP gauge, so if you want to actually use the gauge that you filled, you must switch characters.
    - You may switch characters by spending one stock of your second character's SP gauge. After that, your Assist gauge drops to zero, and you must wait for it to fill to change characters again.
    - You may burst by spending two stocks of your second character's SP gauge.
    - The gauge below the timer is indeed the Meta-Field gauge, which is filled with time. You may enter the Meta-Field if your side of the gauge is full by spending 1 stock of your first character's SP gauge (there are probably some other conditions I can't see right now). The most obvious effect of entering Meta-Field is gaining abilities of both of your characters. The gauge is drained while in Meta-Field, and you exit it when it drops to zero.

The way you gain meter is interesting, since it sort of encourages a "point character, meter character" setup like KOF. Plus, the meter is the center of why you'd want to switch, since health is shared.
    Also, interestingly, burst uses your ally's meter, not your point character's. So if you switch and get hit before you can build any meter for the first character you brought out, no burst will be available even if you have meter for EX moves/supers!

When you enter the Meta World (of your own will, not the opponent's), you gain the benefits of both of your characters' Special Ability. Also, when you use a regular Touch (switch) as opposed to an Attack Touch (offensive switch) or Damage Touch (burst, defensive switch), the character you tag in gains the benefit of the Special Ability of the character you tagged out.

Some rather interesting things going on here.

4th gameplay vid
    720p!

2-3 more characters pretty much a given at this point. Also looks like you can nullify your opponents metafield at the cost of 2 bars..so uhh, Lots of screen shattering effects! Woo yea!

God that is some complicated bar usage.
    Charging up your teammates instead of yourself is pretty cool though.

Sounding really interesting, who's in touch with the importers? biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

As said already, the art on the individual frames of animation is very nice indeed, but the way they're actually animated seems kind of .... unnatural?

Looking at the cast of characters, what's the bet this is a fighter originally based on some sort of Hentai game/novel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

As said already, the art on the individual frames of animation is very nice indeed, but the way they're actually animated seems kind of .... unnatural?

Looking at the cast of characters, what's the bet this is a fighter originally based on some sort of Hentai game/novel?

It's based on the anime Umineko No Naku Koro Ni. Well, I'm pretty sure it is anyway, all the characters are the same :P

In turn the anime is indeed based on some sort of murder mystery game.

Fairly sure it isn't hentai but you never know with these things, they'll put random unnecessary sex scenes into just about anything. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Sure every anime has a hentai version :p

But yea, it wasn't originally hentai.

*sigh*
    Not all "visual novels" are eroge, or indeed dating sims.

07th Expansion seem to have realised that their strength/fanbase lies in creating murder mystery VNs, so that's what they do.
    My guess is they (quietly) teamed up with some other guys to learn the tech necessary for making this fighting game.

Though I'm starting to agree, the walk animations feel a little off -- just not dynamic enough.
    They're not bad enough for the Ministry of Silly Walks, but...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Just to cut away from what is obviously a riveting anime discussion, the second character from the bottom that Sairus posted (Androgynous character that has silent attack on it) has a move listed that is clearly jump forward.

Advertisement