Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petmania Galway

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

velvet68 wrote: »
    Well I have been shopping with them for years as im a keen pet ownwer, I willalways speck up for something I believe in.

Don't see you speaking up for anything you believe in on Boards.ie, other than one specific commercial interest:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

From what I've seen prices are pretty much the same. Staff in petmania however seem friendlier and better trained. Staff in Petworld know nothing bar a few and this is from someone who did work experience there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 breaker2011

ToniTuddles if you are referring to me I was searching Boards.ie for something else and came across this conversation. As I said I've been to both store and Petworld is just easier for me and I've never had a problem there. Petmania is just annoying to get to. They have the same deals in Royal Canin which I buy so I'm happy with that. And ToniTuddles I don't know why I did join cause by the look of all these conversations most people do nothing but complain. This country is so negative about EVERYTHING :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

ToniTuddles if you are referring to me I was searching Boards.ie for something else and came across this conversation. As I said I've been to both store and Petworld is just easier for me and I've never had a problem there. Petmania is just annoying to get to. They have the same deals in Royal Canin which I buy so I'm happy with that. And ToniTuddles I don't know why I did join cause by the look of all these conversations most people do nothing but complain. This country is so negative about EVERYTHING :mad:
    ah no, it's not negativity. It's more cautious curiosity!
    when you're on a while, you'll notice a lot of posters signing up just to promote their own interests.
    Not always the case though. Everyone's had a first post, have to start somewhere!:)
    Bewarned though breaker2011, boards can quickly become addictive!
    Looking forward to future posts from you...do you have any pets yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

ToniTuddles if you are referring to me

Was referring to a few folks who were new....maybe it was just coincidence! Sorry if I offended ya :( Boards is an awesome place and ye will indeed become addicted.

We be friends? *offers cookies* :D

Magentas nails it on the head here that's all!
    magentas wrote: »
    ah no, it's not negativity. It's more cautious curiosity!
    when you're on a while, you'll notice a lot of posters signing up just to promote their own interests.
    Not always the case though. Everyone's had a first post, have to start somewhere!:)
    Bewarned though breaker2011, boards can quickly become addictive!
    Looking forward to future posts from you...do you have any pets yourself?

• Advertisement

:) Awe ye are so cute... Its like text messages ya can read somethings 2 ways... Yep I have 2 dogs, 2 cats and a rabbit. Would like another dog but the cost of Foods,,, I could change but I like the way they look on it. I do want another dog any suggestions anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

Well if all the PetMania's are similiar, then I hate them! The amount of neglected and abandoned small pets has risen considerably since these Pet Mania's have started popping up everywhere. Rabbits and guinea pigs are housed together. Rabbits that don't get along and fight kept housed together with obvious injuries. Animals being sold pregnant, without even telling the customer. Way too bright lights in the rodent tanks. Extremely over priced. The list goes on....

Some rabbits just don't get on with anything else but I've found housing them at a young age they usually get on well together. They are only babys in the shops so they don't mind sharing. I do agree that rodents don't like light and thats why they come out at night their vision is so good. Pet Shops shouldn't have rat unless its special order, they don't have time to handle them and they can be agressive by the time they are bought... So if you want a Rat only get one the Staff don't mind handeling it... Its the same with any animals if the staff won't handle them how could you trust the animal?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 30 velvet68

Don't see you speaking up for anything you believe in on Boards.ie, other than one specific commercial interest:rolleyes:

Im only new to this and its been the only thing of interest to me so far, but ill keep looking when i have the time never know i may find something else yet :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 marine fish lover

i always used petmania but found them to be very expensive and not very knowelagble about their fish. i recently found a new store open in galway not far from petmania called tranquil water gardens in the riverside commercial estate and was really delighted with their knowledge of marine fish and their prices. their prices are way cheaper than petmania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

i always used petmania but found them to be very expensive and not very knowelagble about their fish. i recently found a new store open in galway not far from petmania called tranquil water gardens in the riverside commercial estate and was really delighted with their knowledge of marine fish and their prices. their prices are way cheaper than petmania.

Welcome to boards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I finally popped into the Petmania in Galway and there were no rabbits housed with guinea pigs or anything like that. Looked well kept and nice! One of those live locust type things ya feed to snakes had escaped from somewhere though and gave me a fright when I saw it by my foot :pac::o

Fair enough it's probably cheaper to buy a load of stuff on zooplus or something but least it aint too far from me if I'm ever stuck for things :D
    Must figure out the price of the food too, there's sooo much to choose from!

It does have this very handy all in one wooden thing for a cat. Has a circle door leading into the bed, scratching post sitting on top and to the side it has a holder for two dishes to have your water and food with a place for the cat to stand on when eating! Has a good lot of books too that I must investigate and see which are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 agniux

What angers me the most about PetWorld is the constant nagging they get and neglect they show!!!
    Three years they have had ferrets, three years me and some Galway followers of IrishFerrets have been telling them how shavings are bad for ferrets, how they need a shelter to hide in, how a different brand of food is much much better for their health...
    Now this year they got another 4 kits (hugely inbred I might add :( ) and after another tons of visits and talks they finally left them in the hay! :( My goodness....
    The worst part is, two stuff members told to my friend that "yes, we know shavings are bad"... How can you be so ignorant???

Now, both of the shops would be fine and dandy if only didn't sell pets and gave the reasonable amount of info the stuff should know!

Of course, these two places are nothing compared to the pet shop near Monrose... (There is another old Irish pub much closer to it but can't remember it's name now!) It is dirty, it smell, they keep their rabbits on the window sills locked inside!!! They sell food that is good for "rabbits and ferrets alike"!!!
    I actually need to check up where can I report such a disgusting business! :( Tried walking in and talking to the man in charge but nobody would listen! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 agniux

What angers me the most about PetWorld is the constant nagging they get and neglect they show!!!
    Three years they have had ferrets, three years me and some Galway followers of IrishFerrets have been telling them how shavings are bad for ferrets, how they need a shelter to hide in, how a different brand of food is much much better for their health...
    Now this year they got another 4 kits (hugely inbred I might add :( ) and after another tons of visits and talks they finally left them in the hay! :( My goodness....
    The worst part is, two stuff members told to my friend that "yes, we know shavings are bad"... How can you be so ignorant???

Now, both of the shops would be fine and dandy if only didn't sell pets and gave the reasonable amount of info the stuff should know!

Of course, these two places are nothing compared to the pet shop near Monrose... (There is another old Irish pub much closer to it but can't remember it's name now!) It is dirty, it smell, they keep their rabbits on the window sills locked inside!!! They sell food that is good for "rabbits and ferrets alike"!!!
    I actually need to check up where can I report such a disgusting business! :( Tried walking in and talking to the man in charge but nobody would listen! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Well I have just phoned them about a Flexi lead & they were extremely pleasant & helpful but the leads are twice the online price.

They appear to have financial problems as well:

http://www.sbpost.ie/news/ireland/petmania-seeks-examinership-55067.html

Advertisement