Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westlife call for Irish 'positivity'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭figarofigaro

What a goon. He must be absolutely delusional if he thinks people value his opinion on something like this. Fucking climp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Quote from Graham Linehan: "Every time I see Westlife I feel sad thinking of all the cars they could have fixed.":D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

This thread could only be better if the op had replaced westilife with the pope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

So stop watching the x-factor and the other ****e that produces these clowns. Ye are only giving them an audience. Sick of people saying how much they cant stand this music and secretly watch it all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Nicky Byrne from Westlife economic cure: "Things are very bad," he says. "But when things are bad you need to dig deep and pull together. We're a good enough nation to do that."

taken from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11802271

So for families/people that are badly off, he reckons they should pool all of nothing that have. Then if other families/people pool all their nothingness together and then they all come together. Then we'll have a massive pooled resource of nothingness, fcuk,wow, I need to lie down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Cheers Nicky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Is Nicky Bertie's Goebbels??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,978 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

eamon234 wrote: »
    Quote from Graham Linehan: "Every time I see Westlife I feel sad thinking of all the cars they could have fixed burgers they could have sold.":D

I think Graham Linehan gave them far too much credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

So a band composed of Berties' son in law and the lads who didnt get into Boyzone have seen fit to give us advice.

Easy to do when you're minted as a result of selling cover versions of songs that were crap the first time round to nine year old girls.

I hope there's a Mark Chapman type out there for each of them.

Jesus Christ, that's a bit extreme. The amount of vitriolic hatred in AH is pretty astounding at times. He was asked a few questions, and he answered them. He gave his opinon. Is he not entitled to do so? And what on earth does his wife have to do with it? You think that she should be tarred because of Bertie's disastarous reign? That he shouldn't have fallen in love with her because of who her dad is?

Crosáidí wrote: »

From the reaction here you'd swear he was Bertie's Dr Mengele.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Why would i hate westlife?

I dont know them personally, and none of them have done anything to me.

"Hate"

Some of ye need to cop the fcuk on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

They are a pack of ##### fill in the rest yourself I'd wish they would fall in to a black hole and disappear and let decent bands who would not get the recognition

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Jealousy and bitterness isn't a reason to "hate" anyone. He was asked for an opinion and he gave one. The same as anyone on boards would give their opinion.

gcgirl wrote: »
    They are a pack of ##### fill in the rest yourself I'd wish they would fall in to a black hole and disappear and let decent bands who would not get the recognition

Westlife aren't respnsible for the fact that people don't happen to buy the albums of those bands you might consider more deserving of recognition. Blame the fans for that, not the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,978 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Jealousy and bitterness isn't a reason to "hate" anyone. He was asked for an opinion and he gave one. The same as anyone on boards would give their opinion.

The difference being that we know everything about everything - fact!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 uwala

Einhard wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, that's a bit extreme. The amount of vitriolic hatred in AH is pretty astounding at times. He was asked a few questions, and he answered them. He gave his opinon. Is he not entitled to do so? And what on earth does his wife have to do with it? You think that she should be tarred because of Bertie's disastarous reign? That he shouldn't have fallen in love with her because of who her dad is?

Why are you defending those knobjockeys? You should be ashamed of yourself. Sell-out boy-band vain little delusional gimps deserve no respect from anyone except 9 year old girls.

Love? lol. Yeah right. And how could anyone marry someone that resembles Bertie? *shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Crosáidí wrote: »

No thats Ryan Tubridy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Westlife and Fianna Fail are the same thing anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

uwala wrote: »
    Why are you defending those knobjockeys? You should be ashamed of yourself. Sell-out boy-band vain little delusional gimps deserve no respect from anyone except 9 year old girls.

Love? lol. Yeah right. And how could anyone marry someone that resembles Bertie? *shudder*
    So many things wrong with that post.

Allow me a

............................................________
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,
    .........................,/...............................................”:,
    .....................,?......................................................\,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:”........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

His opinion to me is worthless, as is his so-called music, and also the worthless family of gombeens he married into as a convenient nest egg for when the fans stop buying his CD's because they've hit puberty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

He has basically joined a political mafia. That mafia - the leader of which has been proven to have received funny money that he can't explain - has played a large part in the ruin of this country. And now this twit comes out toeing the party line and telling us to cheer up?

How do you think that a member of the band telling everyone to be positive would have gone down on the deck of the Titanic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Because those posters reckon it's cool not to care.

Well i agree with ya. They're embarrassing us on a huge scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

His opinion to me is worthless, as is his so-called music, and also the worthless family of gombeens he married into as a convenient nest egg for when the fans stop buying his CD's because they've hit puberty.

You really think they need the money?? They have been selling records in huge numbers for the last 10/12 years.
    I'm not sure how long your puberty lasted but it seems to have been significantly longer than most other people's by the sound of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

I'd LOVE to see Westlife..........

..... in a mineshaft explosion, a cable car accident, a toxic chemical spill... the list goes on.....

srfc19 wrote: »
    You really think they need the money?? They have been selling records in huge numbers for the last 10/12 years.
    I'm not sure how long your puberty lasted but it seems to have been significantly longer than most other people's by the sound of it.

All these c*nts want is more money. And forgive me if I wasn't aware they'd been on the go that long. I usually don't chronicle the life & times of Louis Walsh's gimp monkey servants, unless one of them comes out with some hypocritical nonsense he was probably told to say by "de fadder in law".

Sometimes a post comes along that plumbs new depths of idiocy. The above is one of them. I'm actually shaking my head in disbelief here.

So you're saying that he met, courted and married his current wife to provide him with financial support? When he himself is a millionaire many times over? That's just ridiculous. It isn't even cynical, just stupid.

I really don;t understand why people get so worked up and angry over celebrities, and their utterances.

So you're saying that he met, courted and married his current wife to provide him with financial support?

Well considering she'll inherit her father's multiple chins and five o' clock shadow after she hits the 30 mark. . .yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

All these c*nts want is more money. And forgive me if I wasn't aware they'd been on the go that long. I usually don't chronicle the life & times of Louis Walsh's gimp monkey servants, unless one of them comes out with some hypocritical nonsense he was probably told to say by "de fadder in law".

If Louis Walsh told me he could make me millions, I could become rich and famous and travel the world just for singing a few songs I think I might take the opportunity.
    The jealousy and begrudgery in your posts is ridiculous.

• Advertisement

srfc19 wrote: »
    If Louis Walsh told me he could make me millions, I could become rich and famous and travel the world just for singing a few songs I think I might take the opportunity.
    The jealousy and begrudgery in your posts is ridiculous.
    I'm hardly jealous of these gimps - its just that I see this as nothing more than an extension of "tighten your belts". The same line over again. Its utterly ludicrous.

Advertisement