Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite luxury item?

Options
  • 19-11-2010 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

If you had 200euro to spend on yourself on a luxury, what would you spend it on?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Spa treatments!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Id have to go for a really long relaxing massage and then lots of good wine and chocolate!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Shoes & Jewellery or manicure and a visit to the hairdresser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Really good coffee, and perfume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

A grande dame Veuve Clicquot and some Créme de la Mer. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, I'd have to go with spa treatments. New Look is my favourite shop in the world, and it's pretty cheap, so I wouldn't bother with clothes. I just bought loads of make up. So a massage, a facial, all that jazz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

jewellery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah I absolutely adore New Look too - gorgeous stuff, can't believe the prices.

Ickle, have you stolen my brain? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Good handbag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭D e e

Shoes!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

dresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Hmmmm, €200....

A trip to the hair dressers - you always feel fab straight out of the hair dressers.
    Nice lunch and a butlers white hot chocolate/ shakes milk shake for dessert! :rolleyes:
    Then off to the sales for a root with my full belly and fab hair to find a nice discounted piece for my already overflowing wardrobe! :D:D (I know it's not luxury, but man I love me a good sale!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I believe €200 could get me a cheap flight to maybe London, and a sort of nice hotel room and a nice dinner out and a good walk around the city.

Even if its just one night, I'd love to get away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

If someone handed me 200 right now (it is my birthday on Monday in case you're still stuck. Take up a collection amongst yourselves I know there's a recession on!) I'd do the following:

Hair cut & colour: 70
    CND Shellac Manicure: 20

and then I'd either try and get a chemical peel (although I doubt 110 is enough for that) or just go to MAC and buy a few things.... mmm MAC....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

So many options...:rolleyes:

1. I would try book a cheap holiday somewhere nice maybe just to England with my boyfriend to see his family.

2. Shopping spree! :D Some clothes, new make up, accessories the works.

3. Go for a nice meal with my boyfriend, see a movie go for a drink afterwards :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Just thought of more.

I love shopping for books, and a real treat is a selection of hardcover bestsellers.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Swedish massage, a turkish bath and a babysitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

200 quid for a massage? pffft I charge 70 for a full body, keep the rest and get something nice :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Rush tickets (when they go on sale this week) and a new pair of Docs. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Petrol. :o

Who am I kidding, it'd go towards my car repairs.

Though if I really had a few hundred euro, Alan Ardiff would be a serious runner if I could genuinely just spend it on myself for fun, lovely things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I'd buy my favourite perfume - Coco Mademoiselle Chanel - which is stupidly expensive and then spend the leftovers on anime DVDs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Allover massage, pedicure, manicure, nice lunch out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I'd get a subscription to Sky Sports. Actually €200 wouldn't get me a year. It probably wouldn't get me 6 months! But I'd have the luxury of watching the Heineken Cup matches from the comfort of my own home, and get the Ashes in too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

My Eve Lom cleanser.....ooooh and I absolutely love Molton Brown Naran Ji handsoap...smells yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

A trip to the hairdressers and finally take the plunge to dye my hair and buy lots of nice dresses :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ohYeh

New phone i may look like a woman but i'm wired like a boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

film for my cameras, a trip to my local cheese shop and save half for makeup, I'm a complete makeup junkie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

A really nice meal in restaurant for myself, boyfriend, and another couple who are our best friends. I might possibly need to add another 50 euro though, not sure. Get all dressed up etc., and make a whole great night of it.

I enjoy eating out faaar too much!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

A neckmassage and anything by Weleda...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I do something i have never done before.

I'd probably add to the €200 myself and take a hot air balloon ride. Have always wanted to go up in one. Get lost in the air for a couple of hours.

Advertisement