Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recession? pffft. I got a job!

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Dudess wrote: »
    There may be software jobs, but in general there aren't enough jobs to go around, and you know it and are just going against the grain from your comfortable position of being employed because... maybe you want the attention. There are journalists who operate like that, why shouldn't there be online community members I suppose...

I take it you don't include yourself in the royal "we"...

Yes, you got me. I am an attention whore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Yup! Got offered a full time position today! Woo!

People are starving out there and you come on here gloating OP :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

congrats OP, ive an interview tuesday, fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Ive been in full time employment sine 2001.

Na, na, na, naaaa na

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭futonic

I rest my case.

Many HR departments will tell you it's a struggle to get quality, especially if the nationality is Irish. What a feeble people we are.

Hate to burst your bubble, but we've hired Irish, Indian, Polish, Russian all sorts of non-Irish. Doesn't make a difference as long as they can do the work... still hard to get... and I'm not in HR, just another developer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 corkfein

Thanks! Fookin delighted.

There'll be beer this weekend :-D

Beer and hookers,back to the good old times!

Advertisement