Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ayjayirl's Back Garden Invitational Online Tournament.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Placebo wrote: »
    i guess it wont matter as i plan on beating rest of my group to go through but we shall see

I'm sure chopper and meducation will gave something to say about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Looking like next Friday so AJ?

Im preparing my lag switches as we speak

3:10 onwards is great

Looking like next Friday so AJ?

Im preparing my lag switches as we speak

3:10 onwards is great

Any lag splitter mother f**kers will be evicted from the tourney :) Just putting that out there. I doubt any of the honourable players on this forum would resort to such tactics but it has to be said.

Farz

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

lads, i've been competitively interested and participating in street fighter when you kids were playing your fifas and call of duty's . Granted i'm not up to scratch with my skills but thats purely due to the lack of time and not the lack of dedication. With that said i would never resort to such low tactics such as spamming online and/or using lag switches.

Oh and on a more serious note, cant play now Ajay, too tired. Dont wanna give you the mental edge in the tournament by winning me in a few tired out casuals ;):rolleyes::)

lads, i've been competitively interested and participating in street fighter when you kids were playing your fifas and call of duty's ;):rolleyes::)

Pfffttt..Farz, when you were suckin on your mothers nipple I had pubes and was pulling Dragon punchs down the local arcade before befriending young fools with SNES's just so I milk them for all their street fighter goodness.

I was the the modern peter pan/pied piper of my day

• Advertisement

Pfffttt..Farz, when you were suckin on your mothers nipple I had pubes and was pulling Dragon punchs down the local arcade before befriending young fools with SNES's just so I milk them for all their street fighter goodness.

I was the the modern peter pan/pied piper of my day

Well dont let me dashing young looks and witty charm fool you. I'm 26 and i grew up in the rough streets of Karachi playing at the slum arcades and building up my loyalty and love for hadoukens. And finally purchasing SF2 for the snes when i had enough. In its nice cardboard box.
    Perhaps we will meet after groups [that is if you get through yours]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Hey, isn't it Monday Night tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Sairus wrote: »
    Hey, isn't it Monday Night tonight?

...and you know what that means.

lads we've been through this

chun-li-wins-257x300.jpg
    ken02-468x.jpg

Well dont let me dashing young looks and witty charm fool you. I'm 26 and i grew up in the rough streets of Karachi playing at the slum arcades and building up my loyalty and love for hadoukens. And finally purchasing SF2 for the snes when i had enough. In its nice cardboard box.
    Perhaps we will meet after groups [that is if you get through yours]

Slum dog street fighter Farz.You're an inspiration to us all.
    Just believe and follow your dreams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Slum dog street fighter Farz.You're an inspiration to us all.
    Just believe and follow your dreams

I smell an Oscar winner.

Right guys, the weekend is fast approaching. I see that 13 people have voted that they are going ahead this weekend.

Has everyone organised when their matches are to be played? Plus can those 3 that havent yet indicated that they are able to play to weigh in cause if I need to organise another player I need a little time to do that.

Also, Doyler - I still have no character selection for you - can you let me know which character you will be playing?

Best of luck to all.

Aj

@ Sairus, Rob2D,and Doyler

I'm around Friday about 7 onwards for a fight with any of ye.

Bring it on...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Are there any rules on switching Ultras?

Are there any rules on switching Ultras?

No rules on switching Ultras. This is completely open. Only character selection is fixed for the whole tourney.

Good question! Forgot to mention that. :rolleyes:

So for the purpose of not giving me a headache please nominate one person from each group to record the group match results and then to PM me by Monday evening. I will post them up when I receive all of them.

In the event someone cannot play at all over the weekend then they will forfeit. This is not the case if say someone can't play on Friday when others are playing but can on Sat. Please ensure that you are all flexible enough with each other to get the games played. Success in this will mean more tourneys into the future.

To re-iterate. Its 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw (an unlikely event but have to account for it) and everyone plays everyone once (First to 3 with best of 3 rounds per game). The top two from each group will go through to be drawn once again in a blind non-seeded draw. I'll prob post pics of it happening or maybe even Doom cam it up (Was gonna do this for the initial draw but someone had it up north - the cheek!)

Enjoy and may the best players win lose - so my route to final is easy ;)

GET HYPE!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Foamy - Ibuki
    Scavanger VIII - guile
    Future Guy - Deejay
    A-Trak - Honda

Guys,
    I'll be around most of the weekend. Let me know when is good. Free wins for all.

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Round 1
    First round happens over a 3 night period (Fri-Sunday) on a date yet to be announced.

In the first round everyone plays each other in a first to 3.
    ayjayirl wrote: »

To re-iterate. Its 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw (an unlikely event but have to account for it) and everyone plays everyone once (Best of 3 of best of 3).

Err, first to three and best of three are not the same thing. Which are we doing?

I'll nominate myself to send you on the results from my group, due to my amazing powers of paying attention.

Err, first to three and best of three are not the same thing. Which are we doing?

I'll nominate myself to send you on the results from my group, due to my amazing powers of paying attention.

Sorry, my bad. I'll edit that post. Its first to 3 as per the original post.

im seriously pumped
    sexy_cosplay_baby_chun_03.jpg

ajay is gonna be some what of a problem but i expect chopper to make things hard for me too. Meducation, im not sure of but hes sounds mighty tough too.

Its gonna be pretty competitive out there but i think i have what it takes to come out on top.

• Advertisement

Just to be clear I'm allowing this text to take the same magic mushroom the Alice took :p.

The format is First to 3 with each game consisting of best of 3 rounds.

Everyone clear?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

im seriously pumped

ajay is gonna be some what of a problem but i expect chopper to make things hard for me too. Meducation, im not sure of but hes sounds mighty tough too.

Its gonna be pretty competitive out there but i think i have what it takes to come out on top.
    Early bird catches the worm, Farz.

And default costumes, people.

im seriously pumped

Thats what I like to see Farz. :cool:

1290236-hype_mfp_energy_drink_ii_super.jpg

what does first to 3 mean? if u get to two consecutively, is it over? or do we still play 3rd?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

im seriously pumped

Was that Halloween Farz?? you really pulled it off well.

Good luck with the tourny guys hope a Dubliner wins :p

what does first to 3 mean?

First to three wins.

What you did with Unky was first to ten.

It's like that, but 7 less.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Ill be available during the night time for the first round due to work.
    Ill find out my hours tomorrow and re-post em and see if the hours are ok wit everyone else.

First to three wins.

What you did with Unky was first to ten.

It's like that, but 7 less.

so theres a possibility of 5 matches?
    thats grand, il download ajay after 2 matches :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

@ Sairus, Rob2D,and Doyler

I'm around Friday about 7 onwards for a fight with any of ye.

Bring it on...:)

It's a date. I'll bring the cheap wine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

so theres a possibility of 5 matches?
    thats grand, il download ajay after 2 matches :cool:

Yeh it's Best of 5 basically.

Advertisement