Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good bye Fianna Fail

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

bonerm wrote: »
    Waste of resources. Just line them up in one tight column and shoot to the head. You can take 2 and 3 out with one bullet , SS style.

InBiffoTheLock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

bonerm wrote: »
    Waste of resources. Just line them up in one tight column and shoot to the head. You can take 2 and 3 out with one bullet , SS style.

Probably more.....there's no brain matter in there to slow down the bullet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

thebaz wrote: »
    An Irish institution, a symbol of the our new Republic, created by de Valera

guarded by Lemass, Lynch and Reynolds

wounded by Haughey

but destroyed by aherne and cowen

R.I.P.

I wouldnt write them off just yet.

It's not as if they haven't done this type of thing before.

You know, like selling passports, running DIRT tax scams, rezoning land for political and financial gain, ending up in court on gun running charges, Jim McDaid getting a conviction for drink driving, corruption, libellous newspaper article by Limerick TD' and I think we can see the pattern emerging.

The truth is that the FF party have a colourful history of this type of thing and to say that they will be killed off over bankrupting the nation and damaging the euro may be jumping the gun a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

optogirl wrote: »
    I get what you're saying but the economy and our government are not just of interest to people who like politics anymore - it pervades every area of our lives.

Why not set up a subforum in AH for this talk so?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ascanbe wrote: »
    Of course they never said that, and that comment doesn't even begin to make sense, in any way.
    It's advisable for people to have a bit of a clue about what they're commenting on, before posting.
    Just my opinion.
    If they think that they can do without any help from the EU, I'd like to wish them well. As it stands, it would benefit FG greatly if FF got the money, got kicked out of government, and when FG came in, they'd have money in the kitty, with the excuse that FF brought in the IMF, but we'll spend the money.

Which I'd find ironic, considering FG made the base for the celtic tiger house, and when FF came in, they built a damn fine shed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭blogga

wounded by Haughey

R.I.P.

Bullsh!t. FF were anti democratic in their roots, did not establish an Irish republic and were always the haven of the cute hoor. They have brought their supporters and the rest of us to this sorry mess through incompetence, arrogance and cronyism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭blogga

Guill wrote: »
    Should this not be in the Politics forum????
    I'm sick of After hours being ruined by this doom and gloom political bull.
    I come to after hours for the craic not for this sh1t.

Thanks. You made me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

If FG were in power I guarantee they'd be subject of this thread.

IF my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

The relationship between Fianna Fail and the Irish people is like that of a neglected and physically abused wife and an insulting, selfish brute husband. Brute husband kicks the **** out of wife one night, but wife knows its for her own good. Wife goes around town with sunglasses and pretends it's alright, puts on a brave face. Then after a serious beating some night, meek wife makes a break for it but ultimately comes back because she loves him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

AAAAAAAHHH wrote: »

Yeh, or something.

These discussions don't seem to belong in AH OR Politics forums????

AH'ers are bamboozled and ignored in Politics forum but irritating and boring/bringing down the craic in AH ........:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Do not be so confident that Fianna Fail are on the brink of oblivion. If Irish people love anything, it's an underdog. And it's this that makes me think that a great many people will give these people a vote despite all disaster they've landed us all in. Hubris is not a good thing. Wait until they are actually out of power before being sure of their downfall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

wounded by Haughey

R.I.P.

Never write off FF.

They will, unfortunately, be back. Thanks to the electorate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Unfortunately, politics in this country follows no logic.

It's tribal.

My Grandad fought in the Civil War & I have to vote FF/FG etc.

It's like you're betraying your family to vote for anybody else.

Mad innit.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Fianna Fail just like Catholicism, is a mental illness that has been ingrained into the Irish mindset. I'm sad to say that it'll never fully dissapear. They might soon be a long time in the wilderness like the Tories were in the UK, but I guarantee you they'll be back in ten years when people have forgotten and/or the journos have bombarded them with ars3licking revisionism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Fianna Fail just like Catholicism, is a mental illness.

Sooner the better we can get rid of both their grasps on this country!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Fianna Fail just like Catholicism, is a mental illness.

Exactly! 18% of voters (at the last polls)would still vote for this crowd.

It says a lot for us as a people really.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭thomasj

We could follow anglo irish have a good ah forum and a bad ah forum throw all of the politics misery stuff into the bad ah forum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭thomasj

Probably parish pump politicians!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

People are still going to vote Fianna Fail in the next election.

Traitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Fred Cohen

Dymo wrote: »
    I can still see people voting for Fianna Fail again in the next election, when you talk to people about it all I hear is "Sure the other crowd would be no better", so it's Ok to reward Fianna Fail with an other term for fcuking up the country in the last 10 years. People have very short memories.

Here's an idea. Why not have second republic.

Agree to hand over the running of the country for 4-5 years to the EU while we try to pay back what we owe and while we devise a new BUNREACHT NA hÉIREANN[(I've no problem with the current one except it assumes honesty/honoribility on the part of our elected rep's/public servants and that they will act in the best interests of the people).

At the end of this term anyone who has been an elected rep of a recognised political party is excluded from standing again on the grounds of incompetence

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I heard that Lowry and Healy Rae are blocking things.

anybody know about this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Guill wrote: »
    Should this not be in the Politics forum????
    I'm sick of After hours being ruined by this doom and gloom political bull.
    I come to after hours for the craic not for this sh1t.
    I agree. Wasn't there talk a while ago of banning these kinds of threads?

I have an idea.......If you dont like political threads....dont click on a thread with the title " Good bye Fianna Fail "

Most threads in AH could be in Politics,humour,Personal issues........etc that is why we have After Hours, for a bit of fun on ALL topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

thomasj wrote: »
    We could follow anglo irish have a good ah forum and a bad ah forum throw all of the politics misery stuff into the bad ah forum

or we could do the Fianna Fail thing , and create a strategic group , to write a white paper on the issue , the problem is it takes about 10 years to get this cosy group to produce meaningful results , and by then they are dated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

I have a feeling talking about the demise of FF is a bit premature. They are badly damaged for sure but they will be back.
    I mean even as bad as things are, the main opposition party is not seeing the benefits. By right FG should win an overall majority in the next election, and keep FF out for at least a decade but they wont even come close to a majority !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Irish trade unionists are threatening a campaign of civil disobedience if the state's beleaguered government fails to call a general election.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20101120/tuk-unions-threaten-civil-disobedience-e1cd776.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Good riddance more like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

wounded by Haughey

R.I.P.

FF aren't going anywhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Fianna Fail meltdown fears over IMF arrival
    SHELL-SHOCKED Fianna Fail ministers and TDs last night admitted they feared the arrival of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has put the future of the party in jeopardy and pushed as many as 40 deputies past the point of rescue in the next General Election.

Continues: http://www.independent.ie/national-news/fianna-fail-meltdown-fears-over-imf-arrival-2428676.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

This country always needs a scapegoat. If FG were in power I guarantee they'd be subject of this thread. Greed brought this country to it's knees. Politicians, bankers and builders. (the three "Fs"). That's all politicians.

Everyone who borrowed beyond their means, ran up their credit cards, took out 100% mortgages, had a part to play in the madness.

When the smoking ban came in everyone was up in arms about a 'nanny state'. Now we're all....'oooh the financial regulator never said I couldn't borrow half a million euros for a one bed apartment even though I'm in contract employment, so I thought it was okay'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Only thing that will kill off FF is to disenfranchise large swathes of the nations culchies.

Advertisement