Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Uniforms

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

Most of them look horrible. The whole presentation they use reminds me of the Halo video games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The new jerseys won't change much, just add in the swoosh and some minor changes and that will be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

evil_seed wrote: »
    The NFL has a deal with Riddell. There are some players like Jackson from the Eagles that wear Schutt as they seem to be more advanced in their protection against concussion. He changed after he got laid out vs the Texans. However, he has to cover up the Schutt logo and anything with Schutt on it or face the wrath of the New Fines League

Riddell have new helmets designed for Concussion prevention now also. Revolution IQ and Speed range. In fact a lot of players are being asked to start using Riddell helmets by the NFL now due to the fact Riddell has released these new helmets.

But you are right there is a fair few players in the Pros using Schutt Ion 4d Helmets. Some still favour it over the Riddell helmets.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I liked most of them. I also have no doubt at all that Nike are behind the leaks to gage interest. Some won't change (Packers, Steelers). Others will if they think they'll earn a couple of extra dollars (the rest).

As for Bellichek. Considering he despises talking to the media about the games, he's hardly likely to wax lyrical about the uniforms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Dodge wrote: »
    I liked most of them. I also have no doubt at all that Nike are behind the leaks to gage interest. Some won't change (Packers, Steelers). Others will if they think they'll earn a couple of extra dollars (the rest).

As for Bellichek. Considering he despises talking to the media about the games, he's hardly likely to wax lyrical about the uniforms

Even though it has been confirmed by many sources that it was just some kid on an internet forum who threw them together?

The only thing confirmed about all of this is the fact that Nike have said they are looking into big changes and that they would like to see the pro combat style being used in the Pros.

http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/blog/2010/11/rest-easy-nfl-uniforms-not-nikes.html
    Ever since Nike Inc. was awarded a five-year contract last month to outfit NFL players, sports uniform purists have feared the worst.

Would the company that used college football as a test lab for uniform experiments do the same to storied NFL franchises?

After all, if you can mess with Ohio State and trot out a seemlingly infinite number of Oregon Ducks combinations, why not radicalize the Cleveland Browns or the Green Bay Packers?

Those fears appeared to come true Friday, when a series of NFL uniforms designed with Nike’s Pro Combat style in mind began drifting across NFL blogs and on Twitter.

A blogger for the Baltimore Ravens’ website posted a critique of the unusual concepts under the headline, “Nike Leaks Unofficial NFL Jersey Sketches?”

The images also made their way onto the websites of mainstream media outlets like the Baltimore Sun, the Boston Herald and the Cincinnati Enquirier.

A blog post on the Boston Globe’s website carried the headline, “Uniformly Awful,” and displayed a New England Patriots design that made creative use of the stars and stripes.

Fortunately for those purists, the images are not Nike leaks.

They’re not Nike products at all, according to Erin Dobson, a spokeswoman for the Washington County-based footwear and apparel giant.

That’s not to say Nike — which is often credited with ushering in a new era with its redesigned Denver Broncos uniforms in the mid-’90s — won’t apply its touch to the league when its contract kicks-in in 2012.

“We plan on changing the NFL jersey dramatically just like we’ve done with the college programs, using new thinking and the greatest technology available,” Charlie Denson, president of the Nike Brand, said in an interview last month with CNBC’s Darren Rovell. “The NFL program hasn’t had the same type of advancement in recent years.”

Some experts on the subject, however, believe Nike won’t have as heavy a hand in the pro game as they’ve had in college.

Paul Lukas, who writes about sports logos and uniforms for ESPN.com and his own site, Uniwatchblog.com, noted that the NFL teams aren’t prone to change uniform designs as often as college programs.

“They’re mega-corporations that look at the long haul, the big picture, not short-term trends or flavors of the month,” Lukas wrote Friday in a column posted on ESPN.com. “Does Uni Watch trust Nike? Not even a little bit. But Nike can’t do anything that a team doesn’t agree to let them do, so the responsibility for safeguarding a team’s aesthetic dignity ultimately lies with the team itself.”

I will say I agree with Paul Lukas bit at the end of the above. I can't see drastic change. NFL apparent makes them millions already right now. Why go down the road of tackyville and risk losing $. And can you see many of those teams agreeing to most of those jerseys. I can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Even though it has been confirmed by many sources that it was just some kid on an internet forum who threw them together?

Yep, I'm cynical like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

pats mock up is hilarious.

noone went for the eagles mock up; was my preferred oneby a mile. and if the jets bring out a black jersey ill be buying it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

These are updated (and official) strips for Oregon, Boise State and Florida for this year's BCS. Nike seem to be keeping the jerseys very conservative, I'd be surprised if there was any drastic changes to the current NFL kits. I think these look very nice.

OregonUnis2_medium.jpg
    BSUuni_medium.jpg
    Floridauni_medium.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭The Munky

Good post dude

although I fear NFL has gone all spandex and glitter...

Its like Spartacus heading to the arena in a ballerina's tutu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭Rick_

I hope the Packers jersey at least adds the Green Bay logo. It looks rather generic without it. Most teams have the logo below the V neck or on the sleeves or both, but Green Bay and a handful of other teams don't have it anywhere. They should be included.

• Advertisement
Advertisement