Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Uniforms

Options
  • 19-11-2010 2:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Nike have the rights for the 2012 season. These have popped up on some forums as possible prototypes. The Pats one is pretty foul! (Apologies if already posted, didn't see it)

ae2fe998.png
    20659623.jpg
    59bd0668.png
    XeFHq.jpg
    63afdb10.png
    f8b49b80.png
    e69f624e.png
    208d60bb.png
    a3d843ef.png
    861b2e2b.png
    8b357de2.png
    7e6f5624.png
    078e1d0b.png
    86095f56.png
    f5cf3dcb.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

e6c2a1a4.png
    96afff74.png
    5c697ece.png
    c2648fed.png
    d357f26f.png
    51345424.png
    c73a9191.png
    5fe01ed3.png
    21a48adf.jpg
    853f84c4.png
    7fda19a3.png
    1b0b44ca.png
    035bc730.png

40590b6f.jpg
    e26967d0.png
    5a6aa230.png
    739c5943.png
    ef4e5256.png
    b2de96fd.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

lol at the Pats jersey, its ridiculous.

Even Captain America wouldn't wear the Pats jersey, its too cheesely patriotic for his tastes.

I doubt these are offical Nike prototypes neways, any links WhipperSnapper?

I don't know the source of these photos, just saw them on another forum. They better not be anwhere near the real thing! I'm hoping it's just someone playing around on photoshop because Pats will look like a field of Wonderwomen!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Some nice improvements there I thought, particularly the Bengals mock up. Really cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Some horrific get ups there. No way would the Patriots one be acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ravens looks terrible

But worst of all is the Patriots

The Colts one is not so bad.
    They played with the 1955 throwback the other week and it was pretty stylish. If they did something like that it may work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Some jerseys there are huge improvements on the current ones but holy crapola some of them are pure muck as for the Pats one I threw up in my mouth a little :D

I highly doubt Nike have been given that free reign to go off traditional style jerseys that include changing logos and helmet styles. If they do it shows how easy the NFL sells out to its sponsors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I highly doubt Nike have been given that free reign to go off traditional style jerseys that include changing logos and helmet styles. If they do it shows how easy the NFL sells out to its sponsors.

+1

Really like that first Colts on though. Second is muck. Gotta keep the stripes!!!

steelers one is blasphemic, tbh. Although I do kinda like the Pats one :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

denver-team-lfl1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Majority are horrific. Gold helmets for the Chiefs on one and a headdress on the other? GTFO tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Some nice ones the majority are horrid though.

Like the Arizona, Colts (first one) Falcons, Oakland, Lions & Rams the rest make me want to puke though

Clearn not a Patriots fan designing em anyway.

New name

The New England Wonderwomans :D:D:D

No Packers jersey on the list. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

They are awful, absolutely rotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

No Packers jersey on the list. :D

Thank ****. Many of them are hideous. Are they for a computer game?

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Thank ****. Many of them are hideous. Are they for a computer game?

Nope the actual NFL. Nike have taken over as the Jersey makers. Early prototypes id say. Just like soccer jerseys we will see many versions before they are officially released.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

would be nice to see a return of bucco bruce but those are putrid

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

You couldnt expect the Redskins or the Chiefs to take the field in those helmets, talk about insulting!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

The Chargers one is pretty terrible. In fact, any of the ones with too much going on are horrible.

The raiders jersey is ok, nice and simple. Glad I'm not a Jags fan though, animal print is so two seasons ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Icepickle

I like the Colts, Cowboys, Falcons, Raiders, Saints, Lions, Rams, Panthers & Ravens. Some of the others are minging.

What is the 8th one down? Redskins? Looks like Condorman.

Reckon the AFC East would be a laughing stock. All 4 teams are manky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Yep, 8th down is the Redskins

I like the Colts, the 2nd pic

Don't think much of the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

The origin of the jerseys is unknown, maybe accidentally or intentionally leaked by Nike or some randomer using photoshop.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/11/new_uniform_ima.html
    Patriots reporters today showed the image to coach Bill Belichick. His response: "That a Halloween costume?"

Totally. And the numbering style really misses it up. IMO the current Jags one is one of the best in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Nope the actual NFL. Nike have taken over as the Jersey makers. Early prototypes id say. Just like soccer jerseys we will see many versions before they are officially released.

Exactly. the fact that there are two such diverse Colts jerseys proves that these are unfinished ideas.

I wonder will Nike go ahead and make the undershirts part of the uniform(such as the Vikes uniform). Nice moneymaking ploy, if so. You've outdone yourselves again Nike.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

Thats mad he is about the 5th bloke across the many different forums to claim owenership of them or know who did them. What kind of contradicts him though some of the pics on that forum have different usernames on them. :D:D

But the same thing happens with soccer Jerseys before the Prem season you get so many different dudes rendition of what they think they will look like. I always say to people wait til you see it on official websites before you believe it.

http://twitter.com/darrenrovell/statuses/5689565469736960

Confirmed Fake.

And here is BB take on the Pats Uniform:

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2010/11/19/nike-threatens-to-unveil-ridiculously-patriotic-patriots-uniforms-but-what-does-belichick-think/
    Nike threatens to unveil ridiculously Patriotic Patriots uniforms… but what does Belichick think?

When Patriots coach Bill Belichick walked into the media room for his news conference today, all of us were buzzing. Mostly, we were looking at Internet pictures on the rumored or alleged new designs for Nike uniforms that may or may not be used when they take over NFL licensing rights in 2012.

Sigh… You’ll love these.

From the official Ravens site, here are the sketches. The Patriots version is to the right, and there is also this possibility from a Pats blog.

Anyway, we were chatting about it, and Belichick asked what was up? We told him about the maybe new unis.

“Great,” Belichick said, seeming to be, um, not thrilled. “I’m excited to see those. I can’t wait to see those.”

No problem. I flipped my computer around showed him the sketches. He started to laugh, as a reporter told him it resembled Captain America.

“Is it a Halloween costume?” Belichick asked. “I thought Halloween was last month. I’m just focused on Indy. If it’s not Indy, there’s a lot of stuff you can get by me today.”

Well, that’s better news for the Patriots than uniforms

This is funny:

5189590975_733a520a17_o.jpg

Confirmed Fake.

should have copped they were fakes outselves actually when you see the helmets for the mockups are Schutt instead if Riddell.

thanks for the confirmation though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

D3PO wrote: »
    the helmets for the mockups are Schutt instead if Riddell.

The NFL has a deal with Riddell. There are some players like Jackson from the Eagles that wear Schutt as they seem to be more advanced in their protection against concussion. He changed after he got laid out vs the Texans. However, he has to cover up the Schutt logo and anything with Schutt on it or face the wrath of the New Fines League

• Advertisement

evil_seed wrote: »
    The NFL has a deal with Riddell. There are some players like Jackson from the Eagles that wear Schutt as they seem to be more advanced in their protection against concussion. He changed after he got laid out vs the Texans. However, he has to cover up the Schutt logo and anything with Schutt on it or face the wrath of the New Fines League

yes I know this. My point being theres no way official league mockups would be designs on Schutt Helmets they would be Riddell ones.

Therefore its very easy to spot these are fake.

Advertisement