Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas tLL Drinks

Options
  • 18-11-2010 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭

So Christmas is fast approaching and it's been a while since there was a meet up!!! The last meet up was a success (IMO) so think a Christmas themed one would be fun!!!

Date and venue suggestions please!

Date for tLL Drinks! 47 votes

Friday 28 January
    0% 0 votes
    Saturday 29 January
    17% 8 votes
    Friday 4 February
    12% 6 votes
    Saturday 5 February
    23% 11 votes
    Friday 11 February
    21% 10 votes
    Saturday 12 February
    12% 6 votes
    Friday 18 February
    12% 6 votes
    Saturday 19 February
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Your dates in the poll are a bit mixed up. :pac:

Also, it should be a Friday in case I can be bothered showing up. The A/R/T beers are going to be a Saturday! :)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Your dates in the poll are a bit mixed up. :pac:

Fixed :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Jeebus I jumped in a bit quick there :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Also, it should be a Friday in case I can be bothered showing up. The A/R/T beers are going to be a Saturday! :)

I agree :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

The SSF site wide boards beers are on the 4th so alot of folks probably heading to that!

Just a heads up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,737 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

the oul college exam season kicks off on the 13th and ends on the 21st of December for this maverick.
    So the 3rd is rather tempting, or the 21stish.

Suit up?Suit down? Suit you says me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Can't do the first weekend - A&M beers on the 3rd and SSF on the 4th - but any of those other dates would be perfect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

papagormo wrote: »
    the oul college exam season kicks off on the 13th and ends on the 21st of December for this maverick.
    So the 3rd is rather tempting, or the 21stish.

Suit up?Suit down? Suit you says me.

Suit up! I will should I make it, which I'll try my best to do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,737 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

krudler wrote: »
    Suit up! I will should I make it, which I'll try my best to do :D

Its a *cough* mandate.:p
    Going to have to dust down the oul suit and polish the oul shiney shoes..that or steal my 50 something year old lecturer housemate's suit n' shoes, I haven't yet decided..stay tuned Ladies Lounge.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Lynnsie

My work Christmas party is the 17th, if my hangover after last year's is anything to go by that may also rule out the 18th! 3rd or 10th would be great

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Work christmas party 1/award ceremony is on the 3rd and work christmas party 2 is on the 10th! And I've paid for the second one :(:( Oh and I'm in germany on the 11th&12th
    I really want to go! lol
    So any other dates pretty please

edit: that comedy thing is on the 4th, should we mix it in with that or ...?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I actually had a dream about making a thread like this the other night! :pac: But yeah, any date is good for me 'cept the 4th... I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Fairly sure I can make any of these dates! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Forgive my ignorance, but whats SSF and A&M?
    The only night i can do is the 4th, and as usual its not a popular date. So another night missed foir me boooo :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance, but whats SSF and A&M?
    The only night i can do is the 4th, and as usual its not a popular date. So another night missed foir me boooo :(

SSF = Santa Strike Force - ie the boards charity night on Sat 4th Dec. Details here.
    A&M = Anime & Manga ie the forum I mod :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I had so much fun at the last meet-up, I'd love to go again! I can probably make any of the dates :) It'd be great to meet people who weren't at the last one (which was my first) and catch up with those I did meet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Ooh g'wan weekend of the 10th/11th :D:D (Cos I'll be up in Dublin anyway, but I could prob make the other weekend's too!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I'm free anything other than the 18th, would a Saturday be handier for people travelling from the country or is it generally a Dublin affair?

Reading through the thread (and going from past experiences) you'll end up with no date suiting everyone, without wanting to sound harsh would it be an idea to say the poll closes on such a date and that's it, it'll save pages of "I can do this date but not that one) and making it easier for who ever is organising it.
    That concludes my thought for the day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Ah sure if it doesn't suit everyone we can have a post-xmas january sales one lol :D

Looks like poll closes on 27th, good plan

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Looks like 10th and 11th are winning - yay :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Looks like the 11th won!!! Suggestions for a venue?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Pembily wrote: »
    :D The 10th won :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Gah I'm working the 10th and it supposed to be our staff night out, I'd rather go to the beers though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

maple wrote: »
    :D The 10th won :D

Due to my brain not being used it has clearly stopped functioning :o :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

This Friday isn't it? Is it going ahead?

Pembily wrote: »

Anywhere with Karaoke!

Anywhere with Karaoke!

Just because you were vetoed on that one for the A/R/T beers :pac:

Just because you were vetoed on that one for the A/R/T beers :pac:

They're a bunch of no shows. Bet we'd have had a bigger crowd if we'd gone to karaoke.

They're a bunch of no shows. Bet we'd have had a bigger crowd if we'd gone to karaoke.

Not so sure about that :pac:

That said, it's actually quite a fun choice for a tLL beers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I heard there is a Karaoke Bar in Ballyfermot? Isn't that where Mary honed her singing skills ;):pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement