Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It was this day last year

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hehe yesterday last year was gas in AH. Didn't someone (Robbie998 I think?) try and sticky a thread by just putting [STICKY] in the thread title? Hysterics all round :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

craggles wrote: »
    I'm just glad that he moved to New York. I feel physically sick every time I see his face and thankfully that's not very often these days.

I don't think people realise yet just how devastating that was. Could have been our last chance for a decade (or even longer) to get into a World Cup but that ship has sailed now. That was our last chance as a nation for good times before the shit hit the fan.

Well if the goal was disallowed we still would have gone out on penalties. Few people seem to realise that. As Keano said "France were there for the taking". But we scored and then committed suicide as usual by sitting on a one goal lead. No! When you've got blood in your mouth you hammer 2, 3, 4 past a team that you've quite clearly got sussed out. Ireland did the usual and saw the finish line but hoped that they'd be allowed cross it rather than smash their way through. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I was lucky enough to be at the game so didnt get to see any replay of the goal until we got back to the hotel, we should have won and i put the blame on more people then Henry, Mcshane for not dealing with the initial ball, O'Shea for gwtting injured and forcing McShane to be played.
    Duff for missing a one on one in the seonc half.

But right now I couldnt give a toss about it, im over it and still rate Henry as one of the best players to have played in the EPL and in Europe, top player.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

And of course France went on to have a disastrous and unprofessional World Cup, getting knocked out in the first round.

Karma's a Pitch.

That's better!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

Bunch of cheese-eating, surrendering fro... Nah, I'm over it.

I did want to kick him in the nuts when he sat down beside Richard Dunne though. It was quite funny watching their demise in South Africa, I felt a bit sorry for the fans.

Ah well, one year on and look how much we've prospered as a nation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

we need a facebook group to get this thing replayed

Advertisement