Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It was this day last year

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I thought it was the day that lad fell over on RTE news. 2009, some year...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Scumbag!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Africas population reached a billion!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

smokedeels wrote: »
    I thought it was the day that lad fell over on RTE news. 2009, some year...

That was a great day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

In ten years we'll all be watching reeling in the years cursing the cheating bastard. Just like in 2002 in Saipan we all blamed....
    Mick McCarthy. Keane is a hero
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

And of course France went on to have a disastrous and unprofessional World Cup, getting knocked out in the first round.

Karma's a bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

And we thought that that was a bad day !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The hardest part is knowing Ireland would have went on to win the world cup after that handball incident ....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If I ever get told I have cancer I want that rte news video to be shown to me immedietly afterwards to cheer me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

That's weird cause I went to the pub that night and I'm going to the pub tonight too.

What are the odds? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

French man once touched a piece of leather shocker.

NO ONE CARES.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Susie_Q wrote: »

NO ONE CARES.

I'm fairly sure a lot of people do actually.
    Now I'm not one of them but I have seen their anger & heard their fury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I remember the government being a little *too* eager to try negotiate us into the world cup (especially considering FIFA have strict rules regarding political interference). The Dail were probably thinking "give the proletariat their little football tournament and it might cushion somewhat the next 12 months of bombshells we have in store for them".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Susie_Q wrote: »

NO ONE CARES.

I guess you were under your rock during the mass hysteria amongst the populace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

on this day ....

haha ted, ice age ends!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the following day Joe sang this on liveline...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

Also on this day, William Tell successfully shot an arrow off his son's head.
    Hence the William Tell overture.
    Which reminds me of my favourite definition of an intellectual:

"One who can hear the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger"

I thank you.And now back to the football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

are people still going on about the handball incident???:eek:

wow some people can really hold a grudge!

yes it sucks that it happened, yes it was cheating and yes he got away with it....but it will never be fixed just get over it! move on, and stop letting it bother you cause you can be damn sure he isn't bothered by it! :rolleyes:

/Rant :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Copper23

Henry is quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Max Power1 wrote: »
    on this day ....

haha ted, ice age ends!

More importantly, wasn't Galway liberated from the Indians?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

I'm just glad that he moved to New York. I feel physically sick every time I see his face and thankfully that's not very often these days.

I don't think people realise yet just how devastating that was. Could have been our last chance for a decade (or even longer) to get into a World Cup but that ship has sailed now. That was our last chance as a nation for good times before the shit hit the fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

stimpson wrote: »
    and when will be liberated from the cowboys.Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

cml387 wrote: »
    Also on this day, William Tell successfully shot an arrow off his son's head.
    Hence the William Tell overture.
    Which reminds me of my favourite definition of an intellectual:

"One who can hear the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger"

I thank you.And now back to the football.

You mean the Tonto overture?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

craggles wrote: »
    I'm just glad that he moved to New York. I feel physically sick every time I see his face and thankfully that's not very often these days.

what a very brave or very foolish thing for him to do, seeing that there's a huge irish population in new york

i'm surprised he hasn't been lynched yet

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭jonnygiles

stimpson wrote: »

No the Marathon bar name changed to Snickers was the most important!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I guess you were under your rock during the mass hysteria amongst the populace.

I wish I had been under a rock, too many French people have come up to me and apologised for this **** and too many times I've had to inform them that they're apologising to the wrong Irishman, because if the entire Irish football team died in a plane crash tomorrow I'D ****ING LAUGH!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Ah move on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I wish I had been under a rock, too many French people have come up to me and apologised for this **** and too many times I've had to inform them that they're apologising to the wrong Irishman, because if the entire Irish football team died in a plane crash tomorrow I'D ****ING LAUGH!

Yeah it's strange that, I had ceased caring about the Henry handball incident a long time ago but French people are STILL bringing it up...they don't believe me when I say I really don't care!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

bonerm wrote: »
    I remember the government being a little *too* eager to try negotiate us into the world cup (especially considering FIFA have strict rules regarding political interference). The Dail were probably thinking "give the proletariat their little football tournament and it might cushion somewhat the next 12 months of bombshells we have in store for them".

Not really bud.

Linky

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Not really bud.

Linky

Either way it had nothing to do with corinthian spirit.

Advertisement