Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 11 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Dear. God

EDIT: Mannings having the same problem im having in Madden!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Jesus Eli is no Vick in the open field anyway. Terrible fumble there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

McCoy you beauty again, steaming through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭blodvyn

I bet vic's gunna be sliding from now on.

AWFUL on mannings behalf big big chance for AT LEAST ot, and he does that LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Few little mistakes made here and there in that 4th quarter there now :rolleyes: asante samuel could have easily took that ball out of bounds and eagles could have eaten up the clock with 5 minutes left... not gonna even start about manning then.. had he kept that ball I think the giants would have made OT..

but i don't really care about little things like that :D GOOO EAGLES :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

2 good games between the AFC east and southern conferences last night. great finishes to both. I knew never to write off Manning. You could just see a groove was coming in their play in the last quarter.

One thing though, why is it everyone is going on about their depeleted side and bange dup with injuries? The Patriots last night were missing a starting corner back in Bodden, a starting tackle in Kaczur, Gostkowski at kicker, Warren at defensive end, and the go to guy for third down Kevin Faulk as well as Fred Taylor.

Granted, Clark and Gonzalez are two big losses for the Colts, and the form Collie was in, he was a loss to go off. Sanders at CB too. But they have Reggie Wayne still, probably the best receiver in the league. Am I missing something or are they missing a whole load of others that I cant think of?

Manning is good enough to get it done with a decent WR corps, like Brady has done when he lost key receivers. I just thought there is a lot being made of the Colts depleted side, when they are good enough regardless. There should be a series done on these Pats Colts games though. 22 points seperating the sides over the last 8 games I think I heard today. Has been some classic match ups down the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Pats were missing quite a few guys but when the colts injury list is like this, there's a bit of a problem:

Addai
    Clark
    Gonzalez
    Hart
    Hayden
    Bullitt (Hugely underrated safety)
    Sanders (again)
    Collie
    Brackett
    Session

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭henryhenry

Thats true but its Manning against a defense with 4 rookies and 3 second year guys. He cuts up veteran defenses all the time and he still had one of the best (top 3 for me) receivers on the field yesterday.

so who else here is staying up for MNF?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Raoul

Goin to try and stay up. Only if I can find a good stream though. May also put a bet on it.

• Advertisement

watching build up now... avant makes "c'mon man!" this week for his woeful drop last night haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Jesus.

What a bloody brilliant opening drive from the Broncos.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,866 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That was just a class drive. Nothing you can do about that imo.

Whoa. highly impressed with that opening drive, that was unreal

Delighted to see Moreno doing well lately too. If he can stay injury free - a big ask to be fair - he can quickly become one of the top double threat running backs in the league. Huge fan of his.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭tommyboyle

Saw an interview with josh mcdaniels and he said over half his offense is built around moreno. If thats true denver could finish the year on a great note. Ive had him on my fantasy team all year just waiting and its finally paying off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Fake Punt was awesome!

Brilliant fake punt.

It feels so weird congratulating the Chargers special teams for once.

momentum shifted for the game i feel... :(

that'll be that i feel, we're not getting out if we get into a hole tonight

Edit: got out of jail there

• Advertisement

Just on the fake punt, imo it was a dumb move. They were down by only 7 at that stage. Its fine when it works but they were giving the Broncos a huge chance to take 14 point lead if it went wrong. The Chargers defense was just after forcing a 3 and out on the previous drive. It just seems so dumb to me.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Just on the fake punt, imo it was a dumb move. They were down by only 7 at that stage. Its fine when it works but they were giving the Broncos a huge chance to take 14 point lead if it went wrong. The Chargers defense was just after forcing a 3 and out on the previous drive. It just seems so dumb to me.

By the same token, it's only dumb when it doesn't work. It did work, so it was a fine play ;)

Oh well, it was fun for the 10 mins or so that it lasted...:(

Archimedes wrote: »
    By the same token, it's only dumb when it doesn't work. It did work, so it was a fine play ;)
    I'm not talking about the execution of the play at all, that was good. Its the decision making thats wrong as has always been the case in San Diego under Norv Turner.

Brilliant interception from Champ Bailey.

Wow Patrick Creighton is on fire tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭tommyboyle

What time is it there? Its 10pm on the east coast and Im half yawning into my beer. You guys are hard core.

comin up to 3 am

• Advertisement

that's the end of that, prob would be better off switching it off now really. could not bother my fcuking arse sitting til 5 watching them s*** on us from a height tbh

Advertisement