Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Azza's Garden Invitational Online Tournament.

Options
  • 18-11-2010 3:11pm
    Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

Right a while back I said I would try running an online tournament. So now that I'm done with Fallout New Vegas I'm going finally and try and get the ball rolling.

Basically I'm going rip of the God's Garden online tournament.

Format
    12 players.
    1 character only tournament.
    Console=Xbox 360.

Round 1
    First round happens over a 3 night period (Fri-Sunday) on a date yet to be announced.

In the first round everyone plays each other in a first to 3.

Each victory is worth 3 points.

After everyone plays each other the bottom 4 are eliminated.

In the event we have a tie for 8th place a play off game between the tied players will occur. This is also first to 3.

Round 2
    Second round will happen over a period of 2-3 weeks following round 1.

Second round is first to 10.

All match results are reported by the winner to me, via IRC, boards PM or e-mail.

Lag Rules
    Test match to be carried out before a tournament match proper. If both characters agree its okay the match goes ahead.

If there is lag between two players we will try to reschedule the match. If there is still lag we will try to determine which player the lag is coming from by having players connect to other players and see if they are still lagging. The player who is causing the lag will forfeit the match.

If the game starts lagging mid match. The players can postpone the remaining matches but the result of the current match still counts.

In the event of a drop, the player who drops forfeits the current match.

Invited players.
    Azza
    Blag
    Bush
    Cobelcog
    Dreddybajs
    Gorysnake
    Hound
    Ian McTetly
    Kirby
    Newtype
    Sagat08
    The Truth

Obviously invited players can opt out of the tournament for whatever reason.
    In that event other players will be invited in there place.

Those invited that want to play, just reply below with their character of choice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ill play but invite only is weird. Half those dudes are laggy or dont play online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Nice idea Azza...... invite only - kinda wierd. For something like this here prob best to try it first with players who all have very good connections etc. I'm not advocating who in particular but have to agree with Bush that the first people should be those with little/no lag. For example, I could never do it cause our internet is rubbish. This also means Brian couldn't.

Good idea, needs a bit of work to make work though - no?

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I'm aware that 2 of the players don't play online normally, Newtype and The Truth but I asked Blag to ask them anyway.

As for lag. Well Newtype and The Truth are unknown. The rest I've had good consistently good connections with except Cobels recently who's a bit irratic. But most of the time its playable fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

hey, keep me in mind if anyone cant make it or opts out. or the next time:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

WHY not do this via PM if you want to be so elite?

• Advertisement

What difference would that make?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

fu gory azza

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Boo Hiss...

We are not worthy.The chosen ones spit in our faces:mad:

You would of got in Unky except your signature is too gay :P

Red your next inline if anyone drops out which is more than likely going happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Good luck with the tournament.

-_-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Red350 wrote: »
    fu gory azza

First thing i thought when i saw that list was wheres red. I suppose its all those 9th places :pac:

Id put ken and prenelf on there too, all 3 are good and have decent connections.

I suppos lag can vary day to day, person to person. People just need to make sure no one else is using the net in their house while they are playing. Sf4 turns to crap even when people are just browsing the net on the same connection ive found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Its better than Farz's new sig

image linking to site removed

The sig police strike..Some one must have reported you?

Self promotion is a no no Farz.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Didn't want to fight in your tournament, anyway. *Sulks*

(Couldn't really anywho, I don't be in Celbridge at weekends and I've have to be a dictator (pardon the pun) about other people using the ent while I was playing, which aint really fair.)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Sounds cool, I should be up for this. Getting fiber-optic installed next week so connection should be better as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

Have a good one guys

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Needs a Devils Back-Yard tourney for the rest of us scrubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'm not gonna enter this so Red you can play anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

But will it be streamed?
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Thanks for the invite but I honestly dont trust my connection enough to participate in an online tournament :(

Up to yourself Gory. Is your connection erratic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Azza wrote: »
    Up to yourself Gory. Is your connection erratic?

It ranges from grand to near unplayable for a few seconds, having to wait for it to go back to normal

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Why not have more players azza???. Count me in in the next anyway If there's space.

12 was the number used at God's Garden. Was thinking I don't want to over do it with too many matches at my first attempt to run something like this.

If its successfully we could future tournaments, possible do like a second league where the top 4 from league 2 go up to league 1 and the bottom 4 from league 1 are relegated.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Sounds good, I'd be up for it. Even with the bad connections, Nice to get the ball rolling on it

So far thats myself, Blag (I asked him last night) Bush, Cobel and Hound entering.

5 of the 12 spots taken so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

So far thats myself, Blag (I asked him last night) Bush, Cobel and Hound entering.

5 of the 12 spots taken so far.

Havent played in while but I'll get practicing, so count me in!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

sign me up.. if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ian McTetly

Sign me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Red your next inline if anyone drops out which is more than likely going happen.

Cool, I'm up for it so, since dreddy's dropped out.

• Advertisement

K 8 spots gone.

Sagat08, Ian an Red are in.

Advertisement