Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

murder trial shown clips of baby being kicked, tortured

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭tomo75

chin_grin wrote: »
    Eh, are you asking me also?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Teddy_Picker

Good grief :O :(
    The poor, poor little thing, what a vile beast >:(
    I could spend the next hour typing out what kind of a punishment would be fitting for that subhuman, but I'll just say R.I.P little angel, no punishment handed down to this awful "person" will ever be adequate justice for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I have no problem saying I was the victim of extreme physical abuse and yet I consider myself lucky because I survived. That poor baby had no one from birth and was punished for being helpless. The pathology of a child abuser is far more disturbing than most will know (or should know).

This is probably the most important thing to me that needs to be understood. I'm assuming the attacker wasn't born like this; so what in life can turn a human being to do things like OP's subject? What has to be done to prevent animals like this been unknowingly cultivated? Jail time and public admonishment don't seem to be enough of a deterrent.

Knowing what can create a monster like this and been able to see the signs before anyone gets hurt would allow everyone to be enabled to be vigilant and able to protect their loved ones. I hope this isn't a unrealistic goal.

Thanks,
    LK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 master_chief

I got tears in my eyes when read that. Death penalty would be way too comfortable punishment for this c*nt. Poor litle lovely angel. I only hope they will sort him out in jail, they will seriously do, no remorse at all for him, wouldn't blink an eye if they cut him into pieces alive.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

Reminds me of the baby P story, never forget seeing the Sky News report. I just can't get my head around these types of crimes at all. Same goes for child sex abuse, I just don't get it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭FunnyStuff

How anyone could harm a defenseless child like that is just mind boggling. I would love to crush this guy's skull, he deserves no mercy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭someuser905

hopefully the good prison officers will put him in a cell with stabby and rapey

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

LeperKing wrote: »
    This is probably the most important thing to me that needs to be understood. I'm assuming the attacker wasn't born like this; so what in life can turn a human being to do things like OP's subject? What has to be done to prevent animals like this been unknowingly cultivated? Jail time and public admonishment don't seem to be enough of a deterrent.

Knowing what can create a monster like this and been able to see the signs before anyone gets hurt would allow everyone to be enabled to be vigilant and able to protect their loved ones. I hope this isn't a unrealistic goal.

Thanks,
    LK.

well sometimes a person who was abused will turn out to be an abuser themselves (dont worry i dont fall into that category). Its all about power over a weaker individual

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I have seen and read many, many disturbing things on the net. Truly vile and degrading evil that a human can lower themselves to, right down to the point where it's not even human anymore.................but this was just an absolute sickener to read.

He has voided his right to life. Fùck liberalism and anti-eye for an eye bullshìt, he deserves to die in the most painful way imaginable.

Only God will ever know what could have happened to that baby to make him grow up to treat a baby in that way. And in that it is up to God to understand and forgive. I am human, and I would like to think, a Christian; but I can't find any love in me for this man. God also gave us the right and free will to regulate ourselves on this Earth and I can't find a salient argument to combat your position that he has voided his right to life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭someuser905

Only God will ever know what could have happened to that baby to make him grow up to treat a baby in that way. And in that it is up to God to understand and forgive. I am human, and I would like to think, a Christian; but I can't find any love in me for this man. God also gave us the right and free will to regulate ourselves on this Earth and I can't find a salient argument to combat your position that he has voided his right to life.

which god? thor?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Fcuk me pink. I wish I was more shocked than I am. I'm not surprised this has happened but i am sickened.
    I really, really, really hope the dick that caused this baby to die has a horrible, painful & lonely death.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭cat320

These are henious crimes, Makes for awful reading, I dont think I could look at that footage the jury had to see, some of you called this freak an animal, you dont see animals acting like that,, death by firing squad for this piece of ****..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Fcuk me pink. I wish I was more shocked than I am. I'm not surprised this has happened but i am sickened.
    Yeah true... horrifying, chilling, heartbreaking, but unfortunately... not shocking. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I disagree. I think every vivid detail should be graphically outlined. This is the sickness of the society we live in; theres no use sticking your head in the sand, especially if its only because it makes you feel uncomfortable.

How does knowing every single little detail help solve the serious problem of child abuse?

panda100 wrote: »
    How does knowing every single little detail help solve the serious problem of child abuse?

because a lot of the time people dont realize how serious it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭DS333

There has to be a hell for such people. For all child abusers, violent and sexual, and for those who pay to download stuff - they are paying to have children abused for their entertainment. I don't agree with the death penalty, EXCEPT for these people. ALL OF THEM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

steddyeddy wrote: »
    because a lot of the time people dont realize how serious it is

So the solution is to make people read detailed accounts of horrific violent acts against children so they will take it seriously and child abuse will cease?

I cannot accept this. Do you think If the media gave lurid details of every rape that occurred, it would stop rapes from occurring ?I think it feed's into people's fantasys in some way.You have to use your imagination when your reading that article so you have a picture of the abuse in your mind's eye.I don't think that's healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

I wonder how many of those clamoring for this man's death and suffering understand the irony of their statements.

Dudess wrote: »
    Yeah true... horrifying, chilling, heartbreaking, but unfortunately... not shocking. :(

But there's somthing very, very wrong that we're not shocked.
    Reading stories like this I honestly think that we're fcuked as a society.
    Thirty years ago three murders a year was considered epic.
    Look at our world today. Three murders a week would nearly be considered a quiet week.

How anyone can harm a child is beyond me. How anyone can hurt, abuse & kill a child in such a way is something my brain can't even begin to understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Horrific child abuse is nothing new though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Hmm hang on a minute; I never said it would solve child abuse - nothing will ever solve child abuse. I believe, however, its important not to distance ourselves from the reality of the situation by reading vague accounts of what happened. This child died in the most horrific manner, and I think its our responsibility as a society to acknowledge exactly what happened to him, rather than avoid it, and hopefully (judging even by the incensed reactions here) there will be pressure on the system to ensure the most appropriate form of justice is served.

I'm not saying you should have to read it, but I think the information should be there. I actually think if my child had been subjected to such abuse (god forbid), I would want the depravity of the crime to be known and addressed by the public at large.

Dudess wrote: »
    Horrific child abuse is nothing new though...

No it's not. But we seem to be immune to it by now. It's almost as if we are in some very strange way accepting what is happening, & has happened, by being so unaffected by it.
    I got teary eyed after hearing about the Cork & Limerick murders. I didn't know anyone connected to either case but it's very sad.
    But the really sad thing is that people will continue to abuse children & those who are not able to defend themselves.

There are monsters out there, there's no other word to describe them. It is beyond belief that people can do such things to children and not feel the slightest bit sorry for them, not be moved by them crying, by the deep misery on their faces, by the plight of an innocent, helpless little mite. It strikes me as pure evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

horrifying. i find it hard to understand how the mother didnt notice.

to think that you could be living with someone with these fcuked up capabilities is a seriously scary thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

He should not be executed.

He should be destroyed like the vermin he is. Anyone opposed to the death penalty in a case like this needs their head looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

Couldn't read this whole story as I've read too many like it and they haunt me to this day, the poor poor baby, I hope the person who did it suffers abuse and fear every day for the rest of his life,

I know you have to do jury duty but would you be forced to do it on a case like this? As a mother myself I don't think I could sit and listen to that in a court and sit in the same room as the scum who did it knowing that whatever the verdict they will be out in a couple of years

So the solution is to make people read detailed accounts of horrific violent acts against children so they will take it seriously and child abuse will cease?

I cannot accept this. Do you think If the media gave lurid details of every rape that occurred, it would stop rapes from occurring ?I think it feed's into people's fantasys in some way.You have to use your imagination when your reading that article so you have a picture of the abuse in your mind's eye.I don't think that's healthy.

Bullsh1t the abused deserves the right to have an accurate piture of what went on made public and your worrying about how the public will take it??
    one of the effects of a child abusers actions is the distancing of himself from thactions he commited i dont think the media sugar coating it will help

horrifying. i find it hard to understand how the mother didnt notice.

to think that you could be living with someone with these fcuked up capabilities is a seriously scary thought.

The horror is, as far as I am aware, that the mother knew and approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

easyeason3 wrote: »
    But there's somthing very, very wrong that we're not shocked.
    Reading stories like this I honestly think that we're fcuked as a society.
    Thirty years ago three murders a year was considered epic.
    Look at our world today. Three murders a week would nearly be considered a quiet week.

How anyone can harm a child is beyond me. How anyone can hurt, abuse & kill a child in such a way is something my brain can't even begin to understand.

Afaik, we're actually at a historic low for violence and murder (and i'd assume for abuse too).
    The funny thing is, despite these crimes slowly dropping in frequency, media covereage has apparently never been higher.

btw, this crime happened in the uk. Chances are 30 years we wouldn't have heard of it. And I'd be very surprised if it would have been covered to anywhere near the same level of detail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭ShadowGal

Two men, one pliers.. thats all i can about think of for this sub human scum

Advertisement